Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:19 pm
Matcha is used in some vegan fish recipes to make it taste "oceanic". XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:43 pm
MoonJeli
Matcha is used in some vegan fish recipes to make it taste "oceanic". XD
What are you guys drinking?!

In other news- I updated my mentor thread.  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:42 pm
Ha ha, I did a search for "oceanic" and "matcha" just out of curiosity, and found 807 hits. Most seemed to be using the same description -- "creamy, oceanic and very fragrant".

Personally, I'd describe it as slightly grassy and smooth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:34 am
MoonJeli
Ha ha, I did a search for "oceanic" and "matcha" just out of curiosity, and found 807 hits. Most seemed to be using the same description -- "creamy, oceanic and very fragrant".

Personally, I'd describe it as slightly grassy and smooth.
Grassy and smooth is what good matcha tastes like to me.

The oceanic is the flavor good matcha seems to take before it goes off.  

TeaDidikai

RedRoseSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:53 pm
I'll upload a pic when I can (i.e. when my camera decides to work), but the color is a very green. Almost a darker bright shade if that makes any sense. sweatdrop It's smooth and creamy but the taste is very seaweed like. I'm going to find a different brand to see the difference next time I'm in the city.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:05 pm
Hmmmm... Is it a Japanese import?  

TeaDidikai

RedRoseSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:32 pm
Nope, not an import from Japan.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:53 pm
RedRoseSpiral
Nope, not an import from Japan.
That would likely go a long way to explaining that.  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:18 pm
I've been going through massive quantities lately. It's getting expensive. Heh. sweatdrop

How do you store your matcha?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:31 pm
MoonJeli
I've been going through massive quantities lately. It's getting expensive. Heh. sweatdrop

How do you store your matcha?
Air tight light proof container.  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 pm
A lot of people say to store it in the fridge but I never have. I probably consume it too fast for it to make a difference.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:23 pm
Don't store tea in the fridge. While it will prevent the oils from spoiling, it will also cause condensation which will collect on the leaves and that will spoil the leaves/matcha faster.

~Shrugs~ Matcha has a shelf life of about two months for good stuff. We just need to make sure we use it.  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:20 pm
I don't think I've ever bought matcha and had it around for that long. >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:24 pm
MoonJeli
I don't think I've ever bought matcha and had it around for that long. >_>
A gal after my own heart. heart  

TeaDidikai

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:54 am
Wow, I was never aware there was so much minute details when concerning teas. It's amazing how little one can know about something so abundant.

But with all this talk about tea, it does make me very curious. I've never been a drinker of any form of tea (teabagged or steeped leaves or otherwise) much to the shock of my Southern American peers who drink either Lipton or some other form by the gallons.

So... if I were to delve into this bright and exciting new tea world, what would you suggest I start out with, I'm a completely blank slate on my taste preferences. Also, I'm not entirely sure of tea shops that are near my area, so I'll have to check up on that if you suggest leaves (and perhaps a tutorial as well on how to prepare them for consumption sweatdrop ).

I feel rather silly being this ignorant of tea, but I suppose I must start somewhere. I guess I shall consider myself very fortunate to have my first tea introduction by people who really know their stuff. ^_^  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games