Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:06 pm
whee Yay the Red Dwarf theme song!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:14 pm
Angilwingz

~Says this just because it's been forever since he's said it.~

Wierdo Canadian.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:17 pm
Timeless_Visage
Angilwingz

~Says this just because it's been forever since he's said it.~

Wierdo Canadian.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:12 am
http://www.15feb2003.co.uk/fpages/video.htm

3nodding  

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:52 am
I say, has anyone listened to Old Harry's Game? Radio 4, 18:30 on Tuesdays. It's sort of like a sitcom, only it's set it hell.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:12 am
whapcapn
I say, has anyone listened to Old Harry's Game? Radio 4, 18:30 on Tuesdays. It's sort of like a sitcom, only it's set it hell.

That is top comedy, I thought I was the only person to listen to it..

..you can get it on BBC's online "listen again" section.

3nodding

Invictus_88
Captain

hippynutcase

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:54 am
in honour and memory of the late Ronnie Barker... my favourite comedy sketch has to be Four Candles!!! it rocks... every time i see it i think im one step ahead, but then i get it wrong like hose, hoes, o's, 0's etc!!! i just love it blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:28 am
"I look up to him, because he is upper class.."

Yup, good at statements too.

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:23 am
Has anyone heard the series of improvised interviews "Why Bother?" between Chris Morris and Peter Cooke? Both complete geniuses...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:33 pm
Hmm.

Catherine Tate's comedy shows. Comedy made by stupid unsubtle people for exactly the same, I suspect. Similar to little Britain now too. It's all British comedy at its lowest and most uncritical. Harmless rubbish. I hate it.

Bremner Bird and Fortune remain the most political form of genius, and for a relaxed bit of humour?

"Posh Nosh". Kate and I have been watching it for weeks now and it's really quite good. Laughed out loud today, which isn't usual.

Anyone else here seen it? The BBC web page for it is very good, similar to the show itself really.

In short, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It seems to me an unnoticed gem of a show and yet it stands in my mind as a remaining bastion of wit in an increasingly crass and blunt comedic scene.

Invictus_88
Captain

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:58 pm
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monty Pythons Flying Circus is pure genius.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:06 pm
I guess it counts- The Importance of Being Ernest on Christmas day heart Even more than a hundred years ago British comedy was great!  

girl_no_13

Spatterdash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:18 pm
Ah, Oscar Wilde, one of my heroes and a legendary writer. I'll make sure to watch the Importance of Being Earnest tomorrow - though the highlight of my day is sure to be Doctor Who.

As for Posh Nosh, I've seen an episode or two, and it certainly is very funny. Whereas I really can't get why Catherine Tate has won such critical acclaim. The sketches tend to run too long, and it's not exactly clever stuff either.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:19 am
girl_no_13
I guess it counts- The Importance of Being Ernest on Christmas day heart Even more than a hundred years ago British comedy was great!

Oscar Wilde is a monumental figure in British comedic literature (indeed, literature more generally also), and rightly so. I saw that same programme as well and I was very impressed.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:46 am
I caught about 2 minutes of it but we did the play of it in english. Well, we more read it and nothing else because our teacher was trying to prove a point that you did get decent plays.
My class wasn't very nice to her about Macbeth. We saw the play for that and he got drowned in the sink. XD
Anyway The Importance of Being Ernest was even more funny when read out by the class.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games