Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:22 am
Wait...you mean to say that the industry's biggest release joke...is finally seeing a release? Its been a good, what, five, six years since its original release date? I think that I might just have to purchase that game (given my lappy can run the thing) and see if its worth the previously interminable wait.

Yeah...lurking for the win...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:19 pm
The only games I'm looking at this year are StarCraft II, Force Unleashed, and Frontlines: Fuel of War. Thing is I told my dad that Mass Effect was the last game I'd get for a while since none of the upcoming titles interested me at the time, so now I have to make good on that promise. I think I'll be able to weasel my way into getting one of them.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:58 pm
Feh. I like StarCraft, I just don't want to learn a new RTS only to have my a** handed to my by the new and improved looking Zergling Rush.

Force Unleashed looks amazing, but you wanna know something funny? "No More Heroes" for the Wii will be the first game on that system to utilize lightsabre combat. You'd think LucasArts would have hopped onto that ball a long time ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:46 pm
Duke Nukem Forever has been in production for ten years actually. I kid you not. Ten years and counting.

I've decided to install the Movies and played it for a bit. It is more or less fun, though making your own movies is nowhere as easy as they claim it to be. I've also decided to try and finish Assassins Creed this time round. Four targets left breathing so this shouldn't take too long.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:39 pm
Well, that would have made me seven at the time and still enamored with the NES. And with this much wait, Duke Nukem Forever had better well be one of the most amazing games to date.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:35 am
If anything, DNF will most likely be one of the greatest gaming flops. Ten years of production equals a lot of expectations that they can never fulfill. 3d Realms need to box up against Half-Life 2, Bioshock and F.E.A.R., just to name some of the competition in the field right now.

Prey has also been in dev-hell for a long time and that game turned out to be nothing new or exciting. Yes you had weird physics and level designs, but the rest was average and not refreshing. I can safely say that the same will be expected of DNF.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:43 pm
*Sigh*
Today I send my Xbox off to Texas for repairs. I hope those ******** cowboys get their s**t straight this time around.
Send me something that works in the long run plz!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:57 am
Gears of War 2 Announced Wednesday.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:23 pm
I've seen the trailer but I am not that impressed as of yet. We might get new enemies (Brumak) and new moves with the Lancer, but what else? I'm having the same feeling about Rainbow Six Vegas 2, sequels either live up to the hype or fail to surpass their predecessor.

Devil May Cry 4 was okay though, a bit of a rip that you need to play as Nero first for a quite a bit before you get Dante. Even then, the Dante levels are just a backtrack of the Nero levels, which is sad.

I also finished Assassin's Creed, which got better at the end with great fights, but ended with a weak boss battle and a weak plot hook.

edit.

What's your 360 gamer tag btw?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 pm
Well Cliffy B promised some really rad stuff and content that will blow the first one out of the water, so I can only wonder what he's talking about. The caretaker for my cats says that UPS delivery tried to deliver my Xbox yesterday and today, and I can only hope that my dad will be around tomorrow to sign for it. I'm really impressed, I sent it in last Wednesday and they are already trying to get it back to me.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:35 pm
Yeah, but Cliffy is known for boasting a lot and delivering crap. Unreal has been going into a really crappy slide as of late.

Seriously dude, what is your gamer tag? I just want to run it through http://www.mygamercard.net/ and see how many points you scored thus far on which games.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:45 pm
Oh but you must send me a friend request before we indulge in digital intercourse!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And it's pronounced Highway to Hell, and it's not after the AC/DC song.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am
You got a near perfect 100% on both Halo 3 and Crackdown, dayumn! Other than that, you haven't played that many games.

And I don't indulge in digital intercourse on the time round, unless you are very eager and have firm boobies with nipples as hard as pencil erasers heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:24 am
Lt. Brookman
You got a near perfect 100% on both Halo 3 and Crackdown, dayumn! Other than that, you haven't played that many games.

And I don't indulge in digital intercourse on the time round, unless you are very eager and have firm boobies with nipples as hard as pencil erasers heart

It's true, I'm damn picky about which games I play, and which ones I do I play to death. That stupid Mongoose Mowdown achievement has eluded me for so long! And I had only 1 more agility orb and like 25 hidden orbs to go before my Crackdown game information got corrupted.
I hope to get 100% on Mass Effect though.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:51 am
I might try a hand at 100%'ing Assassin's Creed, but I am not that fanatic about getting a full 1.000 points in gaming achievements.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games