Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HookedOnAvatar011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:23 pm
Read it and loved it! The movie didn't do it justice though. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:09 pm
Hated the movie...

did you know that the third book is not going to be the last?! there is going to be a forth since the plot was too long. The 3rd comes out Sept. 28, 2008. The trilogy is going to be called the circle. He is writing the final chapter for the 3rd now. He doesn't have a title or cover picture yet since he just decided about the 4th. I get the author's emails to fans and that's what he said in it.  

soupyeh

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:22 am
Hmmmmm... I dunno. I've watched the movie before and it was fine... but the story is kinda like Star Wars: A New Hope IN THE MIDDLE AGE! I just hope the next two books get better. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:15 pm
The movie wasn't like the book at all.... I think that the director of the movie didn't acually read the book, just read the names in the back of the book and guessed the rest ^.^ Haha, jk, but it really was horrible compared to the book.  

Lady Amica

Deadly Tea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:03 pm
soupygirl
Hated the movie...

did you know that the third book is not going to be the last?! there is going to be a forth since the plot was too long. The 3rd comes out Sept. 28, 2008. The trilogy is going to be called the circle. He is writing the final chapter for the 3rd now. He doesn't have a title or cover picture yet since he just decided about the 4th. I get the author's emails to fans and that's what he said in it.

Aw! How do you get those e-mails! I want those! I had to go to the website and find about it myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:24 pm
Eragon and Eldest are fabulous, but I like Eragon better because Brom was in it. cry The film was a disgusting insult to the book, wasn't it?

There's seriously going to be four?! I hope Paolini is honestly extending the series because of plot and not due to money...Well, I won't worry myself over that. I'll just be excited and hope I'm not disappointed. 3nodding

MinervaEvenstar

Kimeira

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 am
I read it. Didn't love it, but didn't mind it either. My problem is just that everyone's going gaga about how old he was when he wrote it. I wrote a story when I was twelve. It started out as derivative as Eragon (because when you're twelve, or fifteen, or whatthehellever, what kind of life experience do you have to base a story on?) but it went on to go places I never dreamed of. I feel sad for Paolini that he didn't get to do that.

Plus this:
dragonfire_kaen

What I find annoying is, as said, the fact that he openly... borrowed... a lot of concepts from other authors. Though I think he was more influenced by the Wheel of Time series than LOTR. Instead of Trollocs, he's got "Urgals/Urgles", Brom the storyteller instead of Thom Merrilin the gleeman (kind of the same thing, although Thom doesn't die), Shades instead of Fades, a foster father being badly injured/killed in a raid, etc. However, in the second book he really comes into his own, I think. The cultures and characters are more developed, and I found it much more interesting.

Heh, I'm blathering on again. If I were Aes Sedai, I'd be Brown Ajah for sure. whee

Is absolutely true. I read WoT up to book (I don't want to lie to you but I think it was) 8 and now you mention it, I actully do see the kind of similarities you're talking about. It's just that there are also so many similarities to LOTR, HP, SW...anything else that's really very very popular.

But that he came into his own in Eldest...there I have to disagree.
Eragon was pdg, but Eldest...Eldest was so bland I completely blanked it out. I went and bought it as soon as it came out. I read it. I lent it to my little sister (whose fault it is that I ever heard of Paolini in the first place). Two months later I was talking to her about it and I realised...I couldn't remember a damn thing about it. I couldn't even remember reading it. I eventually went back to my reading log and checked...and there it was. I had in fact read it!

Eragon I can remember. Eldest- well, gooi my dood met 'n Jurie Els CD as ek weet wat in daai ding aangaan.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:06 pm
I'm gonna cry when the next book comes out, because I know I'll end up reading it one way or another. It'll be a mix between the classic "all my friends are reading it," and the more generally meticulous "dammit, I've already got its brothers on my shelf."

I don't even know why, I just don't care much for those books. confused  

MyLadyMandy

jingle bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 am
I dunno if any body's said this yet or not but it's not a trilogy anymore. Paolini dreamed of it being a trilogy but he himself said that he left too many loose ends for it to remain a trilogy.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:52 pm
Very good books although Hollywood is very stupid at making movies from books. They should just stick with taking them from script writers instead of transferring them from the book. They take out so many details and parts it's so annoying. Can't wait for the next book called Brisingr coming out September 20th! The cover's real cool too. He has a picture of Glaedr on the front of it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100

pkmn1995

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:00 am
I,being an eragon fan myself,can't wait for the 3rd book.

the movie's bad though.very bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:44 pm
The movie looks like it could have been made in the 80's, when crappy computer graphics were accepted, 'cause that's the best they had.  

Celestiara

Black_Rose10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:57 am
I liked them. To tired to put any thought into this, But I do know I liked them. Oh and movie sucky, he was wearing jeans. *Drools on keybored* Mov

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 pm
The worst part about the movie is that the author was part of its making. He was very much involved and it was still apparenly awful! (I refused to watch it)  

Aurora Epithets

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:43 am
Did anyone know that Christopher, the author, is putting a subtitle on the third book? It's, The Seven Promises of Eragon Shadeslayer and Saphira Bjartskular. Any theories on what this means?  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff