Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:18 pm
error[dot]exe
CuAnnan
So anyway back on topic:

I was wondering when that was going to happen.

Sometimes it just takes a little time for the rest of us to catch up ^_^

Now this one didn't happen to me but I actually heard about someone who thought changing one's sex from male to female was a part of "the pagan religion" (As they put it.)

Worlds collide! I actually probably wouldn't have been so upset with this one simply because of the novelty of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:41 pm
LadyBanhammer
error[dot]exe
CuAnnan
So anyway back on topic:

Sometimes it just takes a little time for the rest of us to catch up ^_^

Now this one didn't happen to me but I actually heard about someone who thought changing one's sex from male to female was a part of "the pagan religion" (As they put it.)

Worlds collide! I actually probably wouldn't have been so upset with this one simply because of the novelty of it.

...Wait.

Religious or spiritual experience I could understand.

But "the pagan religion"?

Dude, there's Christian transsexuals.

People make me wonder.  

error-dot-tar

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:42 pm
Not to derail again or anything, but a very quick two cents...

It's not a good idea to fight over what real Wiccan's would and wouldn't do in public.

For my personal experience, I run a pagan meet and greet in Dublin along with my HP. It's not a Wiccan meet and greet, it's a general Pagan meetup.
We are very careful in such situations about how and when to say to people that we are Wiccan and especially in mentioning that we run a coven.
We do try to keep people informed where possible, to educate where the opportunity arises, taking a softly softly approach to those who come along with the wrong ideas of Wicca and helping to point them in the right direction.
There are also other initiates and elders of different lineages who attend, on occasion I have had to "have words" with some of them about public displays of symbols, insignia and regarding improper conduct. There are very strict rules about conduct in situations where you can be personally identified, the Ardaines point to this. It is considered poor form in that sort of situation to flaunt or publicize your initiatory status as it points to the border of that very fine line called proselytisation.
Considering that on sites like this anonymity can be achieved to a much greater extent than face to face, the rules are different as those rules are governed by issues of identity and what can be said to outsiders when and how. There is also removed the whole, 'teach me plx' issue. Forums such as these provide opportunities to correct and educate and to uphold oaths to defend and protect that are not always as easily achieved elswhere in real life.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on that derailment!

Now to return again to being ontopic!

error[dot]exe
CuAnnan
So anyway back on topic:

Quote:

"Yes like the Bean sidhe. Or others. in Scotland they separated it into Seelie and Unseelie courts. But the Irish have mainly the sidhe or Tuatha de danna "

And I was wondering when you were going to come across that thread.

It's a shame I didn't keep an eye on it like I planned on doing.

Don't worry Error, it's been relegated to where it belongs, chatterbox!

I thought this one was a whole lot better!
It's the sort that has my body fighting between anger, vomiting and side splitting laughter at the stupidity and ignorance of some people.

Quote:

"Well I was useing it for Sidhe not the Unseelie and Seelie courts and Tuatha de danna is the same thing as Sidhe. But sidhe is what the came to and some stayed the same."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 pm
Tuatha... same as Sidhe... wha?????

That can only be logically followed by the words:

"And then all the Celts and everyone of Celtic descent was killed by their ancestors because of the STUPID that had manifested and could only be solved by PUNCHING THE RESTART BUTTON. And thus much of the world was left depopulated."  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:11 am
Punching the restart button like the fist of an angry god?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:37 pm
LadyBanhammer
Yeah. Basically, when that much stupid manifests, the Gods ragequit, like twelve year olds in Halo matches. Because there's no sense in doing the dignified thing - the stupid pissed all over dignity and made it icky.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
LadyBanhammer
Yeah. Basically, when that much stupid manifests, the Gods ragequit, like twelve year olds in Halo matches. Because there's no sense in doing the dignified thing - the stupid pissed all over dignity and made it icky.

Poor deities. Having to deal with the stupid all at once.

We only experience it in small human sized dosages. Although the internet is boosting stupid toxicity related deaths and health problems.

>.<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:11 pm
"I am exploring the goddess and Tarot as a part of the pagan religion."

Unfortunately... from a classmate. sweatdrop

And don't get me STARTED on the "colorblind liberals" in the cultural diversity class. Much as I love them, they're being fatheads.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:23 pm
Deoridhe

I am so sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:28 pm
error[dot]exe
Deoridhe

I am so sorry.

I like her, too, which makes it worse.

It's kind of like the endless, "Why can't God be like Odin or Thor. No one worships THOSE gods anymore." emo  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:41 pm
It sucks when people you like or are friends with are prone to misconceptions or problems like that.

>.<  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:10 pm
LadyBanhammer
It sucks when people you like or are friends with are prone to misconceptions or problems like that.

>.<

Word; I have a lot of friend who are seekers of some sort or the other; unfortunately, they all need to do more seeking and less finding >.<

Hi btw, I thought I'd drop by an say hi. Haven't been around in a while  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:50 pm
Deoridhe
error[dot]exe
Deoridhe

I am so sorry.

I like her, too, which makes it worse.

It's kind of like the endless, "Why can't God be like Odin or Thor. No one worships THOSE gods anymore." emo
*hugs*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:35 pm
Kuroiban
Word; I have a lot of friend who are seekers of some sort or the other; unfortunately, they all need to do more seeking and less finding >.<

Oh! That is priceless!!  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:24 pm
DEMONS CAUSED MY ANOREXIA!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games