Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 am
Well Lego Universe arrived on my doorstep this morning. Came with a nifty mission briefing letter. And also the info that the games early start date has been changed from the 12th to the 8th.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:05 am
Wayne Newton will be in New Vegas. burning_eyes  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:08 pm
I am really enjoying Van Buren New Vegas, despite horrible bugs.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 am
I'm guessing that the game is a big homage to the first two Fallout games then, if you mention Van Buren. whee  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:04 am
That reminds me to add both Fallout and Fallout 2 to my classic rehash list, finished BG series just now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 pm
Medal of Honor = Waste of money. (imo)

Glad I borrowed it instead of renting or buying.

The campaign is boring and short, and the multiplayer..

Well,

1- I get first and second scores straight from the dive because of the frightening similarities (and my horrible (now dealt with) addiction) to CoD, which says plenty in its own.

2- A sniper's haven. Semi automatic rifles from the offset that aim and kill like a nuclear blast. I don't like sniping. I find no fun in it. I'm a submachine gunner in these types of games myself - (Run and Gun as the saying goes. If I wanted to play with pretentious soldier wannabes I'd sign up to an Airsoft club or play AA, though at least they don't give you nuclear rifles) - and I find it difficult to get out of a straight line of sight from scope hoggers, despite maps supposedly being set in the Afghan mountains and villages.

3- It also seems to take itself far too seriously. I find myself very easily frustrated with it - and if the only emotion a game can rise is anger then something has gone horribly wrong.  

Marcus McFlufferson

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:35 pm
It's far better to wait for Black Ops to arrive in a week or two, that's what I'm doing right now.

And New Vegas? I hate, you ******** mess of bugs. Though the fan patch for the graphical engine has worked out a ton, far less choppy frames so far and hardly any crashes. Just a ******** of bugged sequences, quests and generic moments.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:01 pm
Lt. Brookman
It's far better to wait for Black Ops to arrive in a week or two, that's what I'm doing right now.

And New Vegas? I hate, you ******** mess of bugs. Though the fan patch for the graphical engine has worked out a ton, far less choppy frames so far and hardly any crashes. Just a ******** of bugged sequences, quests and generic moments.

If I could afford any game in the next few weeks it will probably be Fable 3. But it'll be interesting to see if Black Ops lives up to the hype.

Fallout really is the last sort of game that should have bugs in. Such an atmospheric game is easily ruined by such things. Shame.  

Marcus McFlufferson

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:11 am
Fallout has been a buggy mess ever since Fallout 2, which despite massive cuts in content was still buggy and had quests that would not properly work without serious patching. It took a few fan patches to get it to work a bit more stable.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:47 am
I don't know about Fable 3, I've already been stung by the first two games for promising the world and giving me the tedious and mundane.

Black Ops is the game I am aiming for now as the 2010 game seeing as New Vegas is such a letdown. I've been angry at Treyarch before for the substandard CoD3 and CoD expansions but they have been well on their way to redemption with World at War, which while creepy at times with the xenophobic hatred, had some really great moments.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:51 am
I have fond memories of Fable 1 and 2. They weren't what were promised, but I had fun with them. At least while the main story lasted.

World at War was good, agreed. I enjoyed the campaign. But I was eventually put off by a mix of insanely powered sub machine guns and my corresponding limbs tingling every time they were blown off in-game.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 am
I'd say go with Black Ops, those guys have manly beards and not hobo beards like Medal of Honour.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:42 pm
Though I am pro-beard, you may be able to understand why the amount of beardage isn't exactly how I decide which game to buy..

Oh. Plus my cousin will be getting Black Ops as soon as it's out and lending it to me when he's finished the campaign. He doesn't go online.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:43 pm
Black Ops - There's a Soldier in All of Us  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:04 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r33GyzPrbI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTejgsBiLPo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWuPYbHwjbs&feature=related

Black Ops Ftw? : D  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games