Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:06 pm
Not sure if I ever mentioned this one or not:

"You should come to the Pagan meet and greet at Dennys."

. . .  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:36 pm
Ultraviolett1127
"Thor is the son of Odin,and the titan Gaea,and also Christs cousin."

"Thor's actual mother is Gaia. Jord,may have helped Freya and Odin raise him,im not saying she didint."

"Odin's sect of gods are protectors.justice gods. not war anything"
Ok, where are they, and can I PLEASE hurt them mightily?

PLEASE??????  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Pativ Asa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:06 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ultraviolett1127

"Thor's actual mother is Gaia. Jord,may have helped Freya and Odin raise him,im not saying she didint."

PLEASE??????

I must beg your pardon Good Lady, but why would such be inappropriate? Warm place, usually clean (to varying degrees I am sure) where people may sit and speak for hours over a cup of coffee or tea and a slice of pie.

I cannot say I see anything wrong with such a proposal.

Where I to venture my own addition to this thread- I would suggest that the phrase "Christians stole X from pagans" where X is any of a number of ideological or cultural traditions relating to festivals and symbols would be most appropriate.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ultraviolett1127

PLEASE??????

They were on a discussion thread in the LD that I frequent.
I don't know where they are now; they got reported for spamming over the course of 3-4 pages.

Trust me, it was hard to hold back. Telling this person that "No, the lore and myths says otherwise" was met with "OMG itz all ritten bi chrichuns and iz al lyz!!! u cant trust it!"  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:35 pm
Pativ Asa
I must beg your pardon Good Lady, but why would such be inappropriate? Warm place, usually clean (to varying degrees I am sure) where people may sit and speak for hours over a cup of coffee or tea and a slice of pie.

I cannot say I see anything wrong with such a proposal.

Where I to venture my own addition to this thread- I would suggest that the phrase "Christians stole X from pagans" where X is any of a number of ideological or cultural traditions relating to festivals and symbols would be most appropriate.

You quoted Celeblin but I believe you're referring to me. On that note, I am not a lady.

The reason why I quoted it was because it was to me. Ask the people around here that know me well - they will know that I do not identify as pagan and have absolutely no interest in a pagan "meet and greet", because I find the presence of people that is revolved entirely on their spiritual beliefs to be offputting. I would also most likely be driven to drink by fluffiness, or at the very least, break one of their tables with my head. I have too many fond memories of that Dennys late at night to do their tables harm due to the stupidity of others. Not to mention I'd have to explain the whole "religious agnostic atheist" thing to a group of strangers, who may or may not be familiar with what I'm talking about.

Consider the circumstances of the situation. I wear a plain sterling silver reversed pentagram. I do not display it to others because I hate comments like this. It slipped out of my shirt at work. It would make more sense if it was right side up. Mine's the wrong direction. She essentially announced what I keep hidden to the world. Along with her incredibly tacky tattoo of a gigantic purple pentagram with vines and flowers on her bosom, under an only slightly smaller pendant.

To the average pagan it would probably mean nothing. To me, it is a major ". . .", as anyone here that knows me will likely confirm.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:55 pm
error[dot]exe

You quoted Celeblin but I believe you're referring to me. On that note, I am not a lady.

The reason why I quoted it was because it was to me. Ask the people around here that know me well - they will know that I do not identify as pagan and have absolutely no interest in a pagan "meet and greet", because I find the presence of people that is revolved entirely on their spiritual beliefs to be offputting. I would also most likely be driven to drink by fluffiness, or at the very least, break one of their tables with my head. I have too many fond memories of that Dennys late at night to do their tables harm due to the stupidity of others. Not to mention I'd have to explain the whole "religious agnostic atheist" thing to a group of strangers, who may or may not be familiar with what I'm talking about.

Consider the circumstances of the situation. I wear a plain sterling silver reversed pentagram. I do not display it to others because I hate comments like this. It slipped out of my shirt at work. It would make more sense if it was right side up. Mine's the wrong direction. She essentially announced what I keep hidden to the world. Along with her incredibly tacky tattoo of a gigantic purple pentagram with vines and flowers on her bosom, under an only slightly smaller pendant.

To the average pagan it would probably mean nothing. To me, it is a major ". . .", as anyone here that knows me will likely confirm.
I do apologize Sir.

My impression of this thread was that it was a designated place to comment upon the elements of the pagan community that were incorrect bordering upon the absurd- rather than the personal distastes as they apply to the honest mistakes of others.

I am not sure that given how much personal information you imply by suggesting others would lead me to the conclusion you present that I would count an honest invitation as one of the worst things a pagan could say.  

Pativ Asa

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:32 pm
Pativ Asa
error[dot]exe

I do apologize Sir.

My impression of this thread was that it was a designated place to comment upon the elements of the pagan community that were incorrect bordering upon the absurd- rather than the personal distastes as they apply to the honest mistakes of others.

I am not sure that given how much personal information you imply by suggesting others would lead me to the conclusion you present that I would count an honest invitation as one of the worst things a pagan could say.

The intent was never clarified. Impressions are all we have. Within the context of what I said, the basic concept still applies - it was an incorrect comment upon a common element of the pagan community (pentagrams) that bordered on the absurd because that assumption lead to the assumption that I identify as pagan, when the symbol isn't always used as such. Which was my basic point. I just have a really roundabout way of getting it across sometimes, especially when I'm tired. Sorry if that wasn't clear.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:48 pm
error[dot]exe

The intent was never clarified. Impressions are all we have. Within the context of what I said, the basic concept still applies - it was an incorrect comment upon a common element of the pagan community (pentagrams) that bordered on the absurd because that assumption lead to the assumption that I identify as pagan, when the symbol isn't always used as such. Which was my basic point. I just have a really roundabout way of getting it across sometimes, especially when I'm tired. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
I thank you for your apology and wish you much rest.

Myself, I would not find such an invitation so absurd. I would find it reasonable to assume that one who owns and wears a symbol that is not associated with a mainstream religion may be willing to accept such an invitation. I suppose were I the kind of person to extend such invitations so freely, I may have done the same in her position. What is the worst that could happen? You decline her invitation. Coordinators of meet-up groups are seeking participation- often they have no open desire to exclude others based on the type of pagan one may be.

Like you, I feel that a passing common interest does not always warrant such invitations- but I suppose I will never find an honest and welcoming gesture to be absurd in and of itself.

Edit: Delightful! They fixed the glitch when quoting your username!  

Pativ Asa

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:05 pm
Pativ Asa
Coordinators of meet-up groups are seeking participation- often they have no open desire to exclude others based on the type of pagan one may be.

That's the problem. I'm only pagan by the technical definition. By cultural definition and identity, I am not. So it is still an assumption of my beliefs and religion based on the use of a geometrical shape. The invitation is to someone that I am not, which is why I find it absurd.

Quote:
Edit: Delightful! They fixed the glitch when quoting your username!

No they didn't. Note the word "forums". The quote system in the guilds is fixed because it had separate issues - the quotes weren't working at all in here, nor in PMs, regardless of names. Both have been fixed. The forum glitches have yet to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:16 am
The number of people who equate any form of paganism with Wicca and therefore assumed I was some sort of Wiccan has now gone up to fourteen.

My "beat with a sock filled with brick shards" list grows. >.<  

Recursive Paradox

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:49 pm
error[dot]exe
Pativ Asa
Coordinators of meet-up groups are seeking participation- often they have no open desire to exclude others based on the type of pagan one may be.

That's the problem. I'm only pagan by the technical definition. By cultural definition and identity, I am not. So it is still an assumption of my beliefs and religion based on the use of a geometrical shape. The invitation is to someone that I am not, which is why I find it absurd.
Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't run screaming or try to lecture you because your pentagram was "upside-down."

It can be so tempting to tag others based on their jewelry. There's a guy I see around at school who wears an ankh pendant, but he dresses like a Hot Topic goth so I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Kemetic recon.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:03 pm
LadyBanhammer
The number of people who equate any form of paganism with Wicca and therefore assumed I was some sort of Wiccan has now gone up to fourteen.

Ugh, those types rub me the wrong way too stressed .
A few months ago (I think it was August) I went to a local Pagan M&G and the folks there just couldn't wrap it around their glitter-filled heads that not every Pagan faith required drawing of the quarters and circle casting, that it was irrelevant to me which way a banishing pentagram was drawn, and of course, how dare I not have a Lord and Lady?
Then after the general M&G part was over, the person who had headed it up had the nerve to pull me aside and basically tell me "Look I appreciate you're beginning and trying to learn, but we just can't teach you all of this stuff here right now." stressed stressed stressed . I wanted to say "No worries; I shoot bunnies. I don't try to learn from them."  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Pativ Asa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:02 pm
error[dot]exe

No they didn't. Note the word "forums". The quote system in the guilds is fixed because it had separate issues - the quotes weren't working at all in here, nor in PMs, regardless of names. Both have been fixed. The forum glitches have yet to be.

While I understand your position, I still do not find it absurd. Most people function by virtue of assumptions- at times those assumptions are in error but unless they are completely contradicted by reason, I cannot view it as absurd.

An invitation based on an assumption is not the same as an assertion based on an assumption. I suppose it reminds me of the conversation I had with my handy man the other day. I had baked (if I do say so myself) the most scrumptious chocolate chip cookies and I offered one to him as he fixed my door. He declined, informing me he was diabetic.

I believe it would be absurd to have told him "Everyone enjoys cookies- you must have one!" I believe it would have been absurd to have assumed that he was diabetic and therefore would never wish to have a cookie. I do not believe it was absurd to offer him a cookie based on the assumption that many people do enjoy my fresh out of the oven gooey chocolate chip cookies. His decline and yours seem more than reasonable, Sir, but so does the offer and the spirit in which it was extended.

And I am sorry to hear about the username error (no pun intended Sir). I was caught up in the excitement.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 pm
Ultraviolett1127
LadyBanhammer

A few months ago (I think it was August) I went to a local Pagan M&G and the folks there just couldn't wrap it around their glitter-filled heads that not every Pagan faith required drawing of the quarters and circle casting, that it was irrelevant to me which way a banishing pentagram was drawn, and of course, how dare I not have a Lord and Lady?
Then after the general M&G part was over, the person who had headed it up had the nerve to pull me aside and basically tell me "Look I appreciate you're beginning and trying to learn, but we just can't teach you all of this stuff here right now." stressed stressed stressed . I wanted to say "No worries; I shoot bunnies. I don't try to learn from them."

This is why I very politely told her that it was probably best that I didn't go.  

error-dot-tar

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:59 pm
Ultraviolett1127

Oh I would have torn people brand new superfluous a**l cavities if I had been told idiotic stuff like that.

Pativ Asa
error[dot]exe

While I understand your position, I still do not find it absurd. Most people function by virtue of assumptions- at times those assumptions are in error but unless they are completely contradicted by reason, I cannot view it as absurd.

But wouldn't someone with a real knowledge of the symbols within pagan and non-pagan realms realize that a pentagram used that way and structured in that way would not denote pagan but instead Satanism?

It's a little bit unreasonable to assume that a symbol used to denote a nonpagan religion would be worn by a pagan and to use that as a basis to give an invite.

And this thread does include unreasonable fluffy or ignorant actions regarding paganism and other areas, so I think this really does fit.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games