Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 pm
I have a chest infection.
'nuff said.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:50 pm
True Colours of Destiny
Recursive Paradox
True Colours of Destiny
Recursive, this happened on the bus today. I was slightly disgusted at the scene.

So I was at the bus stop and I saw a woman get on the same bus as me. The bus was packed. The only place for her to stand was behind a child carriage. The bus jerks forward and she places her hand on the carriage just for support.

Then the father yells at "her". Saying he doesn't want that kind of person near his kids and to stop touching the carriage. Swears a few times really loudly. Because then I noticed that this person who got yelled at was transgendered. I think some of the other passengers were also disgusted at the man in question because a few other people touched the carriage on their way out and he didn't say anything.

That's ******** up. I really hate people. Also, why did you put quotation marks around the word her?

At that point I saw why the guy called "her" a "him".
Didn't mean any offense. sweatdrop

It wasn't really necessary to put that word in quotations. You mentioned in a separate sentence that she was transgendered. It makes it seem as though you view her as not quite a woman.  

Recursive Paradox

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:50 pm
CuAnnan
'nuff said.
*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that, how serious is it?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:00 pm
Gho the Girl
CuAnnan
'nuff said.

Enough to dull my thoughts and make me very sluggish.
Everything seems a little slow and disconnected.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:13 pm
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
CuAnnan
'nuff said.

*hugs tighter* I'm so sorry. I pray it can get better.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:15 pm
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
CuAnnan
'nuff said.

I certainly hope you have a speedy recovery. sad  

Collowrath

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:20 pm
Gho the Girl
CuAnnan
Gho the Girl
CuAnnan
'nuff said.

*hugs tighter* I'm so sorry. I pray it can get better.

When I get a chest infection, I head to a doctor. They're too dangerous in this humidity not to.
I get them pretty much every year around this time.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:22 pm
I just moved into my new apartment. This is my second night in it. The fire alarm has gone off three times so far this night. We have been warned that, due to some error with the sprinkler system or what-not, we may not have water. My roommate, my sister, has no electricity in the bathroom connecting to my roommate's bedroom. The kitchen sink leaks. The A/C is running constantly as opposed to only when necessary as 'auto' is supposed to have it do. I am displeased.  

Aino Ailill

Alice Morbid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 pm
Recursive Paradox
Succubus Sovereign
I read that they don't consider trans girls to be women in their religion for lack of "womb space" because magic comes from the womb I guess.... I just can't be in a religion of any sort that excludes somebody for who they are.. I mean, I get that they are women only, but, my role model as a woman and my best friend, is a trans girl.

Are they actually claiming that the lack of womb makes one not a woman or are they simply stating that if you don't have a womb you can't participate? One way to find out is to check to see what they do about women who have had their uterus removed.

That's why i say "womb space" They say that because the womb was once there, they have magical power. A trans girl they consider a woman.. but it's kind of like "a surgically altered male is not considered a female in our circles" But at the same time, they seem to respect trans girls for trying so hard? idk..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:48 pm
Apparently my toe infection isn't all better.
It seems like it's been hiding under a chunk of dead skin, and I now have a little hole in my toe.
Cleaned out best I could, hopefully it'll be all better now..  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:57 pm
Aino Ailill
I just moved into my new apartment. This is my second night in it. The fire alarm has gone off three times so far this night. We have been warned that, due to some error with the sprinkler system or what-not, we may not have water. My roommate, my sister, has no electricity in the bathroom connecting to my roommate's bedroom. The kitchen sink leaks. The A/C is running constantly as opposed to only when necessary as 'auto' is supposed to have it do. I am displeased.
Do you have a copy of the Landlord Tenant Act for your state and city?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:21 am
The Greek afterlife is so.. heart breaking. I wish it was a bit more comforting. crying

This is why I don't like thinking of death, I am afraid of where I will go.

Now to go mope around until I forget I ever learned this. emo

"Denial is not just a river in Egypt." ninja

On another note; I just got a letter today.

It's a flyer about the "Walk for Diabetes" or something along those lines, and it reads:

Quote:
Morgan Lanius

9 years old

*Picture of her*

Morgan will be walking to cure diabetes for herself, her two cousins and all the children who suffer from diabetes. She struggles with diabetes every day. She has endured so much pain over the past 7 years with over 17,000 finger sticks and 11,000 shots. She believes, hopes and prays that there will be a cure soon. There is not a night that goes by without Morgan praying to God to "heal my diabetes". She has faith that a cure will come soon. Please, if you can, give ANY amount and help her prayers to be answered. She is counting on you. I HATE to ask for money, but I will do anything to heal my sweet girl. You can give money to her team by credit card at www.jdrf.org...

The rest goes on to talk about the team named "TEAM SWEET KIDS", clowns, the march, and God.

It's a sweet gesture and she's my Cousin..

But this is over dramatized. Overly. To the point where my Brother and I didn't know weither to laugh or be upset. It's not like we have this horrid disease that's eating away at us or the shots and finger pricks are unbearable. There is not daily pain, We are not Victims! We live with it, we can hardly feel needles or lancets anymore. There are people out there with worse things that need more help then us, you know? I mean.. a cure would be nice..

I may just be over-reacting. Infact, I'm sure I am. But this letter is.. just exaggeratted when there is no need for it.

I just feel so weak after reading it. I don't like seeing myself as something to pity.

I don't know how to explain it. I don't want to pass out the ******** flyers for this until you rewrite them. Make it realistic, make us look proud, But don't you dare make us seem weak like this.

Damn you, Aunt Kareen. The last thing my brother and I need is feel sorry for ourselves. Go pray for someone who needs it.

You want Morgan normal and have a painless life? Try treating her like she's normal instead of some fragile burden that you can use to make yourself seem important. Stop ruining every family meeting with "Well, Morgie has to have her easter eggs filled with special candy and we'll just put her eggs in a special area. It will be easier." You couldn't have sucked more fun out of every Easter for her, even if you just handed her the eggs. stressed

Namikikyo

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:38 am
kage no neko
It seems like it's been hiding under a chunk of dead skin, and I now have a little hole in my toe.

Ouch, That sounds awefully bad. Are you going to show it to a Doctor?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:07 am
Namikikyo
kage no neko

Ouch, That sounds awefully bad. Are you going to show it to a Doctor?

I really don't want to go to a doctor if I can't help it. I have no insurance, and that'd cost money.
I've had it suggested to me to try Fishmox, which is amoxicillin just the same.
I googled and apparently it's worked well in fish, cats, dogs, and people. And it's available without prescription, and at the prescribed dosage too..
If by tomorrow it's not looking better, I'm gonna order it.
The hole is apparently gone now, but now it's really red and looks like drying blood is in the skin.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:48 am
Succubus Sovereign
Recursive Paradox
Succubus Sovereign
I read that they don't consider trans girls to be women in their religion for lack of "womb space" because magic comes from the womb I guess.... I just can't be in a religion of any sort that excludes somebody for who they are.. I mean, I get that they are women only, but, my role model as a woman and my best friend, is a trans girl.

Are they actually claiming that the lack of womb makes one not a woman or are they simply stating that if you don't have a womb you can't participate? One way to find out is to check to see what they do about women who have had their uterus removed.

That's why i say "womb space" They say that because the womb was once there, they have magical power. A trans girl they consider a woman.. but it's kind of like "a surgically altered male is not considered a female in our circles" But at the same time, they seem to respect trans girls for trying so hard? idk..

Well a trans woman who didn't start out with a womb would obviously lack a womb space. So the exclusion itself seems to be more related to the metaphysical needs of the tradition and not cissexism.

Of course, the way they're describing it ("a surgically altered male", um, what the everliving ********?) is cissexist as hell. So while I don't think the rules are cissexist (womb magic is womb magic and I don't have a womb and didn't have one), it's fairly obvious that the (unfortunately) normal amount of cissexism in our society is more than present in their group and that this situation just brought out that present cissexism, whereas normally it would be under the surface.

It wouldn't be that hard to point out that a woman who's never had a womb doesn't have womb space and can't use womb magic, instead of saying, "oh well she's not a woman actually."  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games