Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:43 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani opened the plastic case and her broomstick brought out into the light of day. She set the case aside where it wouldn't be damaged, and joined the others on the pitch.

Dani listened to Jacob's instructions and soon found out she'd be teamed up with Leo, and a dark-haired First Year named Vanessa, as the First Team Chasers. She had to laugh when she saw Veronica as Team Two Beater; as with last year they would be on opposing teams. Still and all, Dani had a year of flight training under her belt, and knew she was a better pilot than last season, and now she was hoping to have some fun.

At her unspoken command, her broomstick drifted into the air as though she were astride a feather and she maneuvered herself to join the face-off. As usual there was a scrum for possession of the Quaffle, and Dani winced when she saw Vanessa get hit by a Bludger, she vividly recalled the first time she got hit by one of those iron-clad marauders, oddly enough by Veronica.

'First time's always the worst,' thought Dani, though she knew couldn't spare more than a passing thought for the First Year, as she needed to focus on the game. There were already a quick pair of turnovers, and Leo was now driving toward Team Two's goals. Dani placed herself in position to assist Leo should she need it.

Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                                    Year: Second
                                                                    Years of Play: One (Reserve Chaser Three last season)
                                                                    Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                    Advanced Flying II: No
                                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                                    First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                                    Second Position Choice: Seeker

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 13
                                                                    Modifiers: +2 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                                    Lives: (X) (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:58 pm
You called my name in the dark
Called me back to the start
The condensation is building tension
A stubborn silence is formed
Around our bodies it's warm
The cool wet grasses as summer passes
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Twin - Fifth Year Prefect - Gryffindor Beater -
[feeling: determined] [thinking: ...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby did not like the looks of Ronna's smile. Not at all. "Yeah, fun," he muttered, and then snorted, not willing to her cow him into silence. He wasn't afraid of a fifteen year old girl... just slightly concerned for his mental and physical health. "Are you trying to piss me off right now?" he shot back quietly as he mounted his broom, mimicking her words from the feast. "Because honestly... you're doing a really crappy job of it right now." Stay focused, stay focused, stay focused... Well, at least he wasn't angry, he reasoned with himself. Not even annoyed. He didn't think she'd be one for almost but not quite taunting when it came to Quidditch. He'd figured she'd be all frowns and down to business. Not always so, apparently. Toby mentally shrugged and took off. He wasn't sure whether she actually might go after him in the air or not, but there was little he could do about it regardless, and trying to knock her out immediately sounded like a really great way to not make the team this year. He wasn't that stupid. Leo had just attempted to score. He aimed a bludger at Nina, who had been trying to steal from her.

I'm gonna kick the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Position: Team One Beater
AC: 17
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

mc2

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust
Fallen empires and raging bush fires
All your words confounded
Secret lives bound and hid
Living backwards in tangled backwoods
You ruined everything right
So good I can’t see the light

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

I'm going to sing you a Lullabye
It'll be soft and sweet.
And when I take your heart,
Don't worry cuz it won't skip a beat.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Nina Kagome Vienna ♥ Single ♥ First Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina watched as the quaffle was thrown towards the Goal Posts. But she didn't see what happened next as she was hit with a bludger. The dirty blonde headed girl was shocked at the pain. It had hit her in the back, closer to her right side. She wouldn't scream. SHE WOULDN'T SCREAM!

Position: Chaser Team 2
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 MS, +2 DD, -1 Injuries
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ / ]

╚═════════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:40 pm

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Crash
Sixth Year Gryffindor

”Agreed.” He nodded towards Jacob before the try outs had officially begun. Seconds later, he heard David address him. Crash turned with a brilliant smile on his face and a gleam in his eyes. ”Thanks bro, I 'preciate that.” He offered a lopsided smile and diverted his attention to the captain. He mentally listed off each of the chasers and which team they were on, before long, the balls were tossed into the air and the game breathed into life all at once. The seekers seemed to be having a tough time, he realized as he drifted gently in front of his goal posts. Oblivious as he was, he hadn't noticed Alexandria's disappearance until now, now that he realized it wasn't her he was staring at from one end of the pitch to the other. It was an entirely different girl, he frowned slightly. He almost didn't even notice Leonette hurtling straight for him, fired the quaffle like a cannon ball straight for him. (Honestly, this had to be one of the first times he's ever actually had a chance to play during try outs. He usually just sits there.)

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5' 7" Weight: 142lbs Age: 16
Keeper: Team Two
L1 L2 L3
AC= 17
Mods= (+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Quote:

TEAM ONE:
Chasers ~ Leonette, Vaness, Danica
Keeper ~ Celaena
Beater ~ Toby

TEAM TWO:
Chasers ~ Axel, Tanya, Nina
Keeper ~ Crash
Beater ~ Ronna

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:52 pm

This is the sea of life, and I'm drownin' xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know I can swim, but feel like I keep sinkin' down in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx these waters and I can't breathe, I feel like I'm gon' blow it
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I can see people holdin' a life jacket but they won't throw it

User Image

Crash
Sixth Year Gryffindor

”Aw, s**t.” He cursed under his breath as his hands swung too late, missed the quaffle by at least a meter, and heard the distinct swoosh as it passed through the metal rings. He shook his head. It was what he deserved for not paying attention, he realized. He cut away the annoyance anchored at the harbor of his heart. Instead, he flew around and swooped the ball from the green grass and examined the field for a quick moment. Even though Nina had just got struck with a bludger, she was the closest to him, and the safest bet to pass without high chances of an interception.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5' 7" Weight: 142lbs Age: 16
Keeper: Team Two
L1 L2 L3
AC= 17
(+9 to block the quaffle) (+7 to flying)
Passing to: Nina
T1 | T2
10 - 00
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Quote:

TEAM ONE:
Chasers ~ Leonette, Vanessa, Danica
Keeper ~ Celaena
Beater ~ Toby

TEAM TWO:
Keeper ~ Crash
Beater ~ Ronna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:02 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Axel, apparently, had not gone off to such a well start. Granted, his used broom was obedient, it flew to his hands with a gentle command and whisked him up into his position in the sky. Soon enough, the team captain released the balls and then chaos ensued. He flew, fast, and everything around him was a blur. He had to slow down just enough to reach the right speed where he could at least make out which player was who. The quaffle was in the other teams possession for quite some time, his teammates made unsuccesful steals. Before he could get a chance, Leonette had thrown the quaffle and scored. He huffed, but moved into position beside Nina just in case she needed any back up.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄═════════════════╗
Second Year, Halfblood
12 years old Ψ 5' Ψ 113lbs
Chaser: Team Two

HP ══ ══ ══ 100%
(+2 stealing/shooting) (+2 flying)
(0/3) __ Total Roll: __

╚═════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Quote:

TEAM ONE:
Chasers ~ Leonette, Vaness, Danica
Keeper ~ Celaena
Beater ~ Toby

TEAM TWO:
Keeper ~ Crash
Beater ~ Ronna

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:05 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01
Current Game: Try Outs

xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Team 2
Position: Beater
Aiming at: Tobias Walsh
Roll Total: 19 +6 = 25 (HIT!)

Opponents hit: 02
Opponents missed: 01
Bludgers blocked: 00
Team 1 score: 10 pts
Team 2 score: 00 pts
Wearing: Try Out Clothes

Veronica had caught something mumbled under Toby's breath at what she said to him but she had grown to focused on actually playing as a logical, rational beater to worry about what Toby was doing besides aiming at her team and possibly blocking her hits. She had managed to already get a hit on the first year Vanessa and barely missed Leo, and had moved forward a second too late to try to help Nina as Crash managed to miss Leo's toss toward the goal. She glared at Toby for a second, more annoyed for herself not even getting there in time to attempt to save the first year and decided to aim a bludger Toby's way. Maybe it would at least keep him distracted for a moment or two from hitting other bludgers towards her team. Though, she was fairly sure that he would just think it was personal-even though she had aimed at two other opponents before even considering hitting him. She didn't even bother holding back as she slammed a bludger Toby's way at full force and the petty side of her hoped he broke a bone-something minor that could be fixed, but still... it would make her feel better since talking anything over with him especially about the summer was obviously useless.

5th Year, Prefect, Reparifors Group Therapy Club and Dueling Club
Muggle-born, Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
AC:16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger (Mean Swing),
+4 General (2 years quidditch team and Advance Flying I and II),
+2 to AC (Natural Flyer), +1 to Life (Dang Healthy)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [O] [O] [O] [O]
< sweatdrop >>
The Forgotten Weasley

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:23 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Text.

Dani let out a cheer as Leo managed to slip her shot past Crash. The veteran Keeper passed off the Quaffle to and as the other First Year started her run toward... 'Wait a minute. Where the heck's Alex? How come she isn't down there defending the pipes?'

The blonde-haired Chaser executed a tight lag-over rolling turn, and launched herself after the younger girl with the Quaffle. It was in this maneuver she really appreciated her new broomstick's better handling characteristics, though as far as she was concerned, she didn't care about that right then. She wanted to create a turnover and keep the Quaffle on Team Two's side of the pitch.

Action: Attempt to steal Quaffle.

Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                                    Year: Second
                                                                    Years of Play: One (Reserve Chaser Three last season)
                                                                    Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                                    Advanced Flying II: No
                                                                    First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                                    Second Position Choice: Seeker

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 13
                                                                    Modifiers: +2 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                                    Lives: (X) (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

I'm going to sing you a Lullabye
It'll be soft and sweet.
And when I take your heart,
Don't worry cuz it won't skip a beat.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Nina Kagome Vienna ♥ Single ♥ First Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina blanched as she watched the quaffle go through, and caught the quaffle that was passed to her by Crash. And damn did she hurt. She smiled as another older chaser attempted to steal and dodged it too. She noticed Adel behind her, he seemed better than she felt at the moment. She kept moving and figured she would wait a few more seconds before passing to Axel.

To the other goals 1/3

Position: Chaser Team 2
Modifiers: +2 MS, +2 DD, -1 Injuries
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ / ]

╚═════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:52 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya groaned as Leo managed to not only steal the quaffle away but actually score! She sighed and just followed along behind Axel to ensure no one tried any funny business.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Position: Chaser
AC: 18
Modifiers: +1 (Experience) +3 (Adv. Flying 1&2)
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [<3] [<3] [<3]
Final Roll:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

TryoutsWhere: Quidditch FieldWith: JacobThinking: Quidditch time is here...happiness and cheer..OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:54 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby made the hit on Nina, but failed to notice the glare on Ronna's face and was caught completely off guard by the bludger that slammed into his right leg, specifically at his ankle. There was a cracking sound and suddenly his foot was not quite pointed the proper way anymore. Well. He wouldn't be walking off this pitch, then. He glanced toward Ronna, wondering is this was a "you aimed at my teammate" bludger or a "go to hell" bludger. Maybe both? He pushed at his sneaker a little on the hit ankle and breathed out sharply in pain, the throbbing starting up full force. Crash had just passed the quaffle to Nina, but he couldn't hit a bludger at her again. If he shot a bludger back at Ronna, would it look like he was being immature and petty? Why was he even worrying about this? He grimaced and aimed at Axel instead.

Mods: +7 Bludger Hits (-1 Due to Life Lost, so +6)

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:03 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01

xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Team 2
Blocking for Axel
Aiming at: Danica Stewart
Roll Total: 4 +6 = 10 (FAILURE TO BLOCK FOR AXEL, and thus failure to hit Dani)

Ronna raised a brow as she watched the bludger slam into Toby's ankle-which honestly wouldn't be that big of an issue for him until he actually had to land- and saw as he aimed the bludger at Axel and dived forward to try to intercept the bludger and redirect it towards Danica who looked way to ready to go for the quaffle.

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
<>

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:27 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Axel bit the inside of his cheek as he gripped one hand tight around the handle of his broom while the other reached out to snatch the quaffle. He nearly fumbled and lost it, but regained himself quickly and tucked it close to his belly. He bolted for the goal posts. Behind him, he spotted one of the older chasers hone in behind him for back-up, that made him feel a little safer in case someone stole from him. He needed to pass, and he needed to do it soon. But he had to wait for the perfect opening. Just as he was about to look, THWACK! A bludger ricocheted against his hip and elbow before it bounced away. He burst with a yelp of pain and a string of curses so rapidly it was almost impossible to distinguish word from word. But he managed to keep hold of the quaffle long enough to try and find someone to pass too.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄═════════════════╗
Second Year, Halfblood
12 years old Ψ 5' Ψ 113lbs
Chaser: Team Two

HP ══ ══ ══ 66%
(+2 stealing/shooting) (+2 flying) (-1 injury)
(2/3) __ Total Roll: __

╚═════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Quote:

TEAM ONE:
Chasers ~ Leonette, Vanessa, Danica
Keeper ~ Celaena
Beater ~ Toby

TEAM TWO:
Keeper ~ Crash
Beater ~ Ronna

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:36 pm
Frightened under attack
Fallen flat on my back

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh

Toby was happy with another successful hit, but decided he might as well aim at Ronna, who had attempted to block the bludger and redirect it at one of his teammmates. He swung hard, hoping his luck wasn't about to run out.

Mods: +7 Bludger Hits (-1 Due to Life Lost, so +6)

Raising cities to dust
Faces dripping in lust

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:49 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss
Gryffindor
Reserve Beater 01

xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Team 2
Aiming at: N/A
Roll Total: XX +6 = XX

"Sorry," Ronna called out to Axel after the bludger she just failed to block slammed against his hip. That was when she heard the noise of an incoming bludger and pulled back some to watch it whiz a a few inches past her right shoulder and she let out a shaky laugh. Ronna didn't see anyone worth hitting a bludger towards logically-except maybe Toby but then it would seem personal if she started that. And, it was only try-outs, no reason to aim a bludger at someone unless they were causing a threat to her team, after all even in a real game, a beaters job shouldn't be: 'Hey let's see how much pain I can inflict on people at random'.

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
<>

[  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games