Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm
meekstape
this is the same s**t the arkh project pulled. smh.

to be fair, at least its "Im the creator of a popular webcomic and want to make a game based off it. and I have a great history of producing s**t on time."

instead of "Im want to make a game based entirely around having non-cis white characters. I dont know how it will be played. I dont know what it will look like. Just as long as the characters aren't white and straight at the same time. Give me money for being progressive."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 pm
The Undead Suitor
meekstape
this is the same s**t the arkh project pulled. smh.

to be fair, at least its "Im the creator of a popular webcomic and want to make a game based off it. and I have a great history of producing s**t on time."

instead of "Im want to make a game based entirely around having non-cis white characters. I dont know how it will be played. I dont know what it will look like. Just as long as the characters aren't white and straight at the same time. Give me money for being progressive."

yo word. hussie's turnout time for s**t is spot on, buthe could have said some things he planned on doing, and showed concept sketches for stages and maps and characters or something. just like pulled something out of his a** for arguments sake.

ima laugh real hard if the game is made completely in flash and plays just like those adventure style rpg-ish updates he makes for his comics.  

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:41 pm
meekstape
Eudaemon
I was drinking some Gatorade and then I did an accidental spit-take when I saw that 2 people have given $5,000-9,999 and 2 people have given $10,000 to the Homestuck Adventure Game Kickstarter.

Also, tons of $500+ donations.

WHY CAN'T I HAVE CRAZY RICH FANS.
I mean, even $1000 would be nice right now. I'd be so happy if I had $15,000.

there used to be 10 slots available for the 10k award tier but hussie eventually said "enough of this s**t" and closed the rest.

i have so much issue with that kickstarter its not even funny. whether youre a fan or not, its really really fishy that, without a design plan, design document, work in progress screenshots, or any development at all, he would open this kickstarter and ask for 700k for a basic adventure game. he basically only said "i wanna make a game give me money" with nothing to show for it. what even is that bullshit. and he knows his fans would give him money for just about anything so he took advantage of that. im not mad im just like damn dude, this is the same s**t the arkh project pulled. smh.

Like that girl who makes the "ALL VIDEO GAMES ARE SEXIST" videos, got nearly a million dollars and nothing to show for it.
Except I trust Hussie to not be a douche and give what was promised.

I think Kickstarter should stop allowing donations past the point needed for fundraising. I expect this game to be in amazing 2D, improved cutscenes from the comic and with voiceovers and great effects if he's getting over 2.4 million to make it.

Also, for that much money, it should be available for the DS.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 pm
Eudaemon
meekstape
Eudaemon
I was drinking some Gatorade and then I did an accidental spit-take when I saw that 2 people have given $5,000-9,999 and 2 people have given $10,000 to the Homestuck Adventure Game Kickstarter.

Also, tons of $500+ donations.

WHY CAN'T I HAVE CRAZY RICH FANS.
I mean, even $1000 would be nice right now. I'd be so happy if I had $15,000.

there used to be 10 slots available for the 10k award tier but hussie eventually said "enough of this s**t" and closed the rest.

i have so much issue with that kickstarter its not even funny. whether youre a fan or not, its really really fishy that, without a design plan, design document, work in progress screenshots, or any development at all, he would open this kickstarter and ask for 700k for a basic adventure game. he basically only said "i wanna make a game give me money" with nothing to show for it. what even is that bullshit. and he knows his fans would give him money for just about anything so he took advantage of that. im not mad im just like damn dude, this is the same s**t the arkh project pulled. smh.

Like that girl who makes the "ALL VIDEO GAMES ARE SEXIST" videos, got nearly a million dollars and nothing to show for it.

I think Kickstarter should stop allowing donations past the point needed for fundraising. I expect this game to be in amazing 2D, improved cutscenes from the comic and with voiceovers and great effects if he's getting over 2 million to make it.

i actually agree with anita sarkeesian and her kickstarter. she wasnt saying all video games are sexist, she was saying nerd culture as a whole is sexist, and the video game industry as a whole. although i wasnt keeping track of her recently, so idk if she followed through with it, or if her series on the subject is still in production so you may be right!  

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 pm
From what I've read, she hasn't followed through.

I do agree with her message, because bikini chainmail warriors just need to stop. Sure, it fits some games (like TERA where everyone is half naked for some odd reason), but if you're producing a mainstream, best-selling title and you have to resort to tired cliches of women, then you're doing it wrong.

However, if it's universe appropriate (prostitute, modern day attire, the culture of the game), then skimpy outfits are fine.

Also, there's plenty about characterization I agree with on her. I just wish she actually did what she said she was going to do with that money by August 2012.....

Also Grey DeLisle would want to voice Vriska. If they get VAs for the game, they better hire her.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 pm
In Hussie's defence they have an entire studio contracted, and I'll need to look up the name again, but what I heard they were reputable.

Though, I would like to point out how much money it costs to make a quality long-format (at least longer than the flash games) game like hussie is planning. The amount of money it would take for them to get the game backed by a publisher to be released onto an actual system like the DS is more than any fan backing could and would supply, taking into consideration that 90% of the homestuck fans are under the age of 18.  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Diet Poison

Heroic Mage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:26 pm
Eudaemon

It's been like four months since she posted that same video to the FeministFrequency youtube channel. lol Four months isn't a lot of time to do the research, and put together something appealing.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:30 am
I got hooked on Sims Social... on Facebook! -.-' Why do I feel a little ashamed about this?  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 am
Iehonatane
I got hooked on Sims Social... on Facebook! -.-' Why do I feel a little ashamed about this?
Your addiction is bad and you should feel bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am
J 4 C K
Iehonatane
Your addiction is bad and you should feel bad.

crying I'm sorry.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 pm
jojo fandom is blowing the ******** up right now the anime is so cccooolllll  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:25 pm
Okay, so the job that I got screwed out of, well, I got it. Due to some reporting shenanigans.

It is only college students that work at this place except for a janitor and a manager. The shifts are only 3 hours long. Yet, every complains so much because the shifts are too long. Also, I worked at Subway where we had to clean, make prep and make sandwiches. If you're doing food part of the store, you only do one of the three during your shift. People complain it is too much. People complain they have to work on Friday or Saturday.

I'm just laughing because 9 hour days were average and I had to do almost every job at least once in Subway throughout the day.

I don't know how these people are going to handle the real world with 8 hour days. Not everyone is like this, but there are a lot there.  

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 pm
meekstape
jojo fandom is blowing the ******** up right now the anime is so cccooolllll
Now we can say "I liked it before was cool" emotion_awesome
Though yes the anime was fantastic cannot wait for part 4.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 pm
Eudaemon
Okay, so the job that I got screwed out of, well, I got it. Due to some reporting shenanigans.

It is only college students that work at this place except for a janitor and a manager. The shifts are only 3 hours long. Yet, every complains so much because the shifts are too long. Also, I worked at Subway where we had to clean, make prep and make sandwiches. If you're doing food part of the store, you only do one of the three during your shift. People complain it is too much. People complain they have to work on Friday or Saturday.

I'm just laughing because 9 hour days were average and I had to do almost every job at least once in Subway throughout the day.

I don't know how these people are going to handle the real world with 8 hour days. Not everyone is like this, but there are a lot there.
You do realize you're complaining about people complaining, right?  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 am
ahhh

halloween ahh

guro rei ah  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games