Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:10 pm
Doesn't look as scary as the other one.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:35 pm
Caleidah
If you've not heard of Bioshock: Infinite yet...what the hell is wrong with you?

This looks incredible. This section is mostly cinematic, but has some good chunks of play time in it. I can't express how much I want this.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ten-minute-demo-bioshock-infinite/704932

Why do I think Pirates of the Carribean? O.o  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:58 pm
Who wants some Alice in Wonderland?

Oh wait... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8TNkeHk3Fo&  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 am
That looks pretty good.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:26 am
Thing is, when 2k made the original Bioshock, it was never meant to have a direct sequel. Bioshock was analogous to System Shock in many ways, with the transfer from cyberpunk in the latter to "biopunk" in the former. It is a term that the devs have tossed around a little, in regards to the manipulation of the genome being the hat of this particular planet.

So, the first one was scary because it made the theme. I see this game being far more surreal with its own share of tense thrill moments. I know I'm going to at least give it a try when it comes out...in two years.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:21 pm
Caleidah
Thing is, when 2k made the original Bioshock, it was never meant to have a direct sequel. Bioshock was analogous to System Shock in many ways, with the transfer from cyberpunk in the latter to "biopunk" in the former. It is a term that the devs have tossed around a little, in regards to the manipulation of the genome being the hat of this particular planet.

So, the first one was scary because it made the theme. I see this game being far more surreal with its own share of tense thrill moments. I know I'm going to at least give it a try when it comes out...in two years.

Looks a little more simple, the only thing you have to do is to rescue the lady from the Upgraded Big Daddys and get abilities on the way. Shame they took out the Little Sisters concept unless that lady IS a little sister but isn't too obvious. I'm just throwing this thought out there because it would make a good plot twist  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:25 pm
Kusebia-san
Caleidah

Looks a little more simple, the only thing you have to do is to rescue the lady from the Upgraded Big Daddys and get abilities on the way. Shame they took out the Little Sisters concept unless that lady IS a little sister but isn't too obvious. I'm just throwing this thought out there because it would make a good plot twist

From what I've heard, you first save the lady about a quarter of the way through the game. Given that the game doesn't come out until 2012, there is likely a lot that will change between then and now.

This video was not a hard and fast example of what the game will be like. This was 2K taking a moment to go, "Hey, here's what's going to be coming your way."

I think this game takes place right around Bioshock 1 as far as year goes. There analogues to Rapture, but there is no guarantee that Rapture even exists within the same world as Columbia.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 am
Lego Universe  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

x-EternalAnguish-x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:39 pm
Caleidah
Kusebia-san
Caleidah

From what I've heard, you first save the lady about a quarter of the way through the game. Given that the game doesn't come out until 2012, there is likely a lot that will change between then and now.

This video was not a hard and fast example of what the game will be like. This was 2K taking a moment to go, "Hey, here's what's going to be coming your way."

I think this game takes place right around Bioshock 1 as far as year goes. There analogues to Rapture, but there is no guarantee that Rapture even exists within the same world as Columbia.

Wonder what kind of plasmids they gonna have....  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm
Kusebia-san
Caleidah
Kusebia-san
Caleidah

Wonder what kind of plasmids they gonna have....

*mild facepalm*
Not. Rapture. Plasmids were developed through the use of Adam. It's looking very much like that is -not- what is going to be used in Columbia.

That said, the ones seen thus far are Telekinesis, Electricity and the crow summoning one.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 am
I do wonder how Columbia will measure up against Rapture. Rapture was dark, scary and chock full of great atmosphere and those moments.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:33 am
Judging from the gameplay demo Columbia will be driven by racism and Orwellian Big Brother themes.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:55 am
I think you've got it on the head there, Mac. As much as Rapture was an idealist isolationist society, Columbia seems to be an exclusionist group. Not so much "we're going elsewhere" as "you can get the hell out." The robots very much seem to be a part of the Big Brother style setting.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:30 am
Wow, that's really racist. eek  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games