Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:45 am
Neko_Bast
confused question she is cracked thats what she is.
Ah- so rather than addressing cultural issues that come from a traditional practice- you dismissed her as nuts?

Wow. Completely ignore the cultural framework and denounce someone you don't like as "cracked". I wonder what others would say about you if they showed as much consideration to you as you do to her.

Quote:
I've know this woman for 6 months and she gets depressed when my husband wont talk to her,
Gee. Someone getting depressed because a person they care about won't talk to them? Can't even fathom.

Oh- I guess the important fact is that you control your husbands relationships. I don't know why you would emphasis "my" otherwise.

Quote:
kicks my brother-in-law out for the stupidist things (then begs him to come back the same day),
I guess in your world emotional over-reactions is synonymous with "cracked".

Quote:
and treats me like i'm invisible or a child depending on whats going on.
If you behave even in real life as you do online- I can't say I would blame her.
Somewhere between the stench of condescending racial privilege that degrades another ethnicity and the complete dismissal of another person's cultural frame of reference as "cracked"- if even a little bit of that racism carries through in your daily life- I can understand why she would treat you the way she does.

Quote:
The thing is, is that my husband has never given this woman a reason to think that he would ever curse anyone, much less her.
Except- you know, if she knows you belong to any magical traditions there is cause in her tradition to assume that you both do so.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:53 pm
I want to stab the next person who takes me saying "I'm eclectic neopagan" as meaning Wiccan.

Especially if they begin drawing comparisons between me and them based on that flawed premise.

>.<  

Recursive Paradox

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:41 am
Quote:
If you behave even in real life as you do online- I can't say I would blame her.
Somewhere between the stench of condescending racial privilege that degrades another ethnicity and the complete dismissal of another person's cultural frame of reference as "cracked"- if even a little bit of that racism carries through in your daily life- I can understand why she would treat you the way she does.

who is raicist here? You are judging me on a few arguments we have had online. She is the same ethnicity as I am. Simply becaue you have a non open path you seem to fell the need to pick apart any one you deem as "not understanding anything but their own path," or as you see it "attacking another path," which I'm not doing. For all I know she might not practice anything...it was her boyfriend who told me she praticed Hoodoo, she has never said that she did. That is why I said she "claimed" to practice it, becaue she told her boyfried that. From what I've seen she dosn't practice Hoodoo, or anything elts, at all.

Tea....I'm laughing histaricly at most of what you just said. You are taking everything I'm saying and turing it upside down to make me seem "racist" as you put it. I emphasised "my" because this woman seems to care more about my husband then her own boyfriend. I'm not even going to coment on the rest of what you said becaue you'll only attack it agian. If you want to contnue this, PM me. we will just get more of topic if we conitue this here.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:50 pm
Neko_Bast
You are judging me on a few arguments we have had online.
You are absolutely correct. I am judging you. You have habitually degraded other people's traditions because you feel you are entitled to whatever you damn well please. You violate UN policy without a though.
Quote:
She is the same ethnicity as I am.
Then I overstepped my bounds on the nature of ethnicity and should have refrained to commenting on cultures alone.
Quote:
Simply becaue you have a non open path you seem to fell the need to pick apart any one you deem as "not understanding anything but their own path," or as you see it "attacking another path," which I'm not doing.
It's spelled "feel" and "because", and you called a woman crazy because her cultural tradition makes assumptions that yours does not. Do you get this?

Quote:
Tea....I'm laughing histaricly at most of what you just said.
It's spelled hysterically.

Quote:
You are taking everything I'm saying and turing it upside down to make me seem "racist" as you put it.
Bigoted would likely be a better descriptor. I fully admit I hinged an assumption based on the mere ratio of racial minorities in the tradition in question.

Quote:
If you want to contnue this, PM me. we will just get more of topic if we conitue this here.
I have no interest in PMing you. (continue)

You seem to be fundamentally incapable of grasping the simple idea that the traditions in question make certain assumptions about power and magic that yours doesn't- and that as a result anyone who practices said things are "cracked" because you don't like their world view.

May you be treated as you treat others.  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:18 pm
TeaDidikai
You are absolutely correct. I am judging you. You have habitually degraded other people's traditions because you feel you are entitled to whatever you damn well please. You violate UN policy without a though.

Are you talking about the one time you and I had a 6 or 7 page argument over wicca? Because thats the only thing I can think of that would give you this idea.

Quote:
It's spelled "feel" and "because", and you called a woman crazy because her cultural tradition makes assumptions that yours does not. Do you get this?

So I'm not good at spelling... rolleyes I'm going by what I've seen and heard her say. Since you obviosly didn't catch it the fist time. I said "For all I know she might not practice anything...it was her boyfriend who told me she praticed Hoodoo, she has never said that she did. That is why I said she "claimed" to practice it, becaue she told her boyfried that. From what I've seen she dosn't practice Hoodoo, or anything elts, at all."

Quote:
Bigoted would likely be a better descriptor.

wow....you are really assumptive

Quote:

May you be treated as you treat others.

I hope the same for you. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:32 pm
Here's a thought:

DON'T EXPECT TEA TO TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT WHEN YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MARGINALISED STATUS OF HER CULTURE.

That's what she's talking about.

There's a problem when you dress as a "stereotypical G~", and it's not just because you used the word, because, while it's good fun for you, for Italian Rroma it means that your government demands that you be fingerprinted, and that two of your children can drown on a beach and no one will help them, or have the ******** dignity to cover the bodies, and for Tea, it means getting chased down the street by a pack of Neo-Nazis threatening to kick her a** for not being white enough, and having to live illegally in a state because the law which forbids her people from living there hadn't been officially taken off the books.

So if you feel that perhaps she's being a bit of a b***h towards you, try rethinking your halloween costume.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:24 pm
Neko_Bast
For all I know she might not practice anything...it was her boyfriend who told me she praticed Hoodoo, she has never said that she did. That is why I said she "claimed" to practice it, becaue she told her boyfried that. From what I've seen she dosn't practice Hoodoo, or anything elts, at all.

Which still doesn't justify calling her cracked.

Really, the fact that you don't even truly know what she practices, if anything, would make it even more of a silly assumption on your part that she has any sort of mental instability.

Her thinking that you or your husband have levied some sort of metaphysical attack or curse on her still has the potential to be a part of her path and calling her crazy in the face of that information is a bigoted act.

So whether you're bigoted yourself or not, you still acted bigoted in relation to her.

Quote:
wow....you are really assumptive

What an ironic statement from someone who assumed an inlaw was crazy just because she has different views from you on metaphysics, magic and etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:51 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Here's a thought:

DON'T EXPECT TEA TO TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT WHEN YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MARGINALISED STATUS OF HER CULTURE.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 pm
Ultraviolett1127
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Here's a thought:

Did I like become twice as blunt since becoming a Thorsperson? This is about the fifth time in as many weeks that I've had someone thank me for saying what they were thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:16 pm
I overheard this today:

Some strange girl at my local Neo-pagan supply shop arguing with the woman who runs the shop.

"I don't care what Gardner says, he's not the King of Wicca you know. talk2hand You obviously don't know a witch when you see one."

It just gave me a chuckle when I went in to buy a little gift for my friends initiation ceremony.  

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ultraviolett1127
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Here's a thought:

Did I like become twice as blunt since becoming a Thorsperson? This is about the fifth time in as many weeks that I've had someone thank me for saying what they were thinking.

Not necessarily a bad thing; you said so well what I wasn't quite sure how to phrase without bring down wrath of some kind or another.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 pm
Quote:
personally, I really don't like the idea of Gardner being apart of wicca

This one gave me a chuckle, then made me want to do a facepalm.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:50 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Two of my most "blunt" or assertively foreward friends are Norsemen . . . hmm confused Maybe it's an unconcious underlying theme?

Ultraviolett1127
Quote:

Falcon punch!? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:28 pm
Naomi Kuiveya
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Two of my most "blunt" or assertively foreward friends are Norsemen . . . hmm confused Maybe it's an unconcious underlying theme?
Well I take Thor's kenning of the Trusty one a little more literally than others. One thing he asks of me is honesty. I'm just starting to notice people comment on it more.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 am
Ultraviolett1127
Quote:

That one got me too.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games