Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:14 am
Slick Southpaw
Magnificent Moonbeam
Slick Southpaw
Magnificent Moonbeam
Yeah....That salsa really helps clearing up the sinuses for a while. *so spicy it helps clean out the sinuses.*
hehehe, I use Chinese hot mustard to clear out my sinuses. It's got a longer burn than most spices. Eating Tai food does the same thing.

*w* I love spicy food so I have to keep on increasing the heat scale as I build up a tolerance to it. Like wasabi; I have to use a larger amount for it when eating sushi or sashimi cos it just isn't spicy enough, and it only has a quick 1-2 punch kind of burning feel to it.

@Halfling: C: It's also the first art I've ever gotten of fighterSlick! so I'm stoked as well <3 Thanks again!

Thanks for the reminder of the wasabi *her grandpa used to say that all the time before he died* What did you think of the 3D art I showed you and Heroine? I couldn't remember the artist, but I think it's fearsomemaiden. I have a hard time remembering from that far back. sweatdrop
Oh yes wasaaaaabiiiii
My friends up in Portland thought I was nuts because how I made my soy sauce-wasabi dip combo. I had to remind them that just cos I'm white doesn't mean I can't take the heat cos I'm from the desert and I know many kinds of spicy and I love it! Oh, if you ever get the opportunity, Native American dishes from the southwest are a class on their own. My aunt had married into the Jemez tribe and man oh man when my cousin married, goddamn that was some delicious spicy food.

Er, can't find the post, though I might have overlooked it. sweatdrop

I placed the pic in the spoiler tag. sweatdrop

Heroine: Same, I draw my avi quite a lot and had a hard time drawing hands and muscles, even though I've been drawing for nearly 11 years.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 am
*issss bliiiind*

/fail read

I found that the most helpful aspect was drawing musculature and bone structure after spending a semester in a cadaver lab-I drew out the entire human body, bone by bone, muscle section by muscular section to help myself study for human anatomy. My drawing totes improved after that.

3nodding I realize not everyone can do this, obviously, but I can't stress enough from studying real life. I'm a doodler, but it really helped me. I'm still learning, and I still use my anatomy books to help me when I'm stuck.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am
its so aggravating formatting comic pages for comic con because like. there is always that ONE PERSON who never gets any of the size info right, and i have to sit here and fix their mistake  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:23 am
Slick Southpaw
*issss bliiiind*

/fail read

I found that the most helpful aspect was drawing musculature and bone structure after spending a semester in a cadaver lab-I drew out the entire human body, bone by bone, muscle section by muscular section to help myself study for human anatomy. My drawing totes improved after that.

3nodding I realize not everyone can do this, obviously, but I can't stress enough from studying real life. I'm a doodler, but it really helped me. I'm still learning, and I still use my anatomy books to help me when I'm stuck.

I remember my art teacher in secondary school saying that Michelangelo used to dissect corpses in order to get a better understanding of anatomy. I can see how working in a cadaver lab would be beneficial to your drawing.(Though honestly I wouldn't have the stomach for that. xd ) Drawing from life sounds like a good place to start. I mean my manga tutorial books have been a great help, but they can only get you so far. Drawing actual people looks like the best way for me to improve my anatomy skills.  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 am
Halfling Heroine
Slick Southpaw
*issss bliiiind*

/fail read

I remember my art teacher in secondary school saying that Michelangelo used to dissect corpses in order to get a better understanding of anatomy. I can see how working in a cadaver lab would be beneficial to your drawing.(Though honestly I wouldn't have the stomach for that. xd ) Drawing from life sounds like a good place to start. I mean my manga tutorial books have been a great help, but they can only get you so far. Drawing actual people looks like the best way for me to improve my anatomy skills.
To be fair, Michelangelo also had only male corpses and there's a reason why his women look so dang buff. xd

I had a lot of fun working with cadavers because it gave me an appreciation of the human body that I never had before. When you look at the layers of muscles that allow movement or what supports your back to what makes up your facial expressions, even.

Think of it like this; even cartoons have to be based on reality in order to stretch it to believable ridiculous proportions. That's why understanding the basics is so essential. One of my absolute favorite webcomic artists puts it together in a perfect explanation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 am
Slick Southpaw
Halfling Heroine
Slick Southpaw
*issss bliiiind*

/fail read

To be fair, Michelangelo also had only male corpses and there's a reason why his women look so dang buff. xd

I had a lot of fun working with cadavers because it gave me an appreciation of the human body that I never had before. When you look at the layers of muscles that allow movement or what supports your back to what makes up your facial expressions, even.

Think of it like this; even cartoons have to be based on reality in order to stretch it to believable ridiculous proportions. That's why understanding the basics is so essential. One of my absolute favorite webcomic artists puts it together in a perfect explanation.

I don't think Michelangelo liked drawing women full stop! xd
While I can appreciate why you feel that way about working with cadavers, I don't think I'd have the right mindset to learn anything from dissection. I have struggled with science and maths based subjects throughout my school days. Especially in secondary school (high school) when I had terrible science teacher for 3+ years who couldn't control the class or explain things properly. He was one of those people who was so brilliant at his subject that he couldn't understand how anyone might find it difficult. After that I have a bit of a mental block with anything to do with science. sweatdrop

That article was a really interesting read, and had a lot of truths that I can agree with. This quote in particular totally describes my experience with drawing,
'THAT SAID, it is wholly possible to draw for a long time and not go anywhere.
Unfortunately, it’s not just a “do it a lot and you’ll get good” situation'.
I've loved art, and drawing, for as long as I can remember. However, I never really made any progress with it in my childhood from just randomly doodling things from my head. I only started to improve when I made a conscious decision when I was fourteen to start learning to draw properly. Four years on and I still have a long way to go, but even if I'll never be good enough at it to make a career out of art, it'll always be an enjoyable hobbie.  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 am
I Thought that was Leonardo Da Vinci. Da Vinci head sketch books full of dissected anatomy, and I believe one was recently found that was speculated to have changed the European art world completely had it been published. (simply because no one had ever drawn incredibly accurate and detailed anatomies.)

I don't really remember that being said about Michelangelo, other than he only ever used male models when he sculpted, so that....was why women were just like...men with really akward tits.

/actually somewhat paid attention in Art History 2 ` v`

They also found a bunch of poems written by Michelangelo that were supposedly to his *~*~23 year old boyfriend~**~ when he was 50 something.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 am
Halfling Heroine
While I can appreciate why you feel that way about working with cadavers, I don't think I'd have the right mindset to learn anything from dissection. I have struggled with science and maths based subjects throughout my school days. Especially in secondary school (high school) when I had terrible science teacher for 3+ years who couldn't control the class or explain things properly. He was one of those people who was so brilliant at his subject that he couldn't understand how anyone might find it difficult. After that I have a bit of a mental block with anything to do with science. sweatdrop

That article was a really interesting read, and had a lot of truths that I can agree with. This quote in particular totally describes my experience with drawing,
I've loved art, and drawing, for as long as I can remember. However, I never really made any progress with it in my childhood from just randomly doodling things from my head. I only started to improve when I made a conscious decision when I was fourteen to start learning to draw properly. Four years on and I still have a long way to go, but even if I'll never be good enough at it to make a career out of art, it'll always be an enjoyable hobbie.

@ichi: you're probably right, I just remembered that Mikey had male models mostly, I thought it had to do something with issues with getting females/preferring males/something along those lines. I just couldn't remember if they're live or dead

Halfling, everyone has their own way of doing things and that's what makes it great about art; it can be seen as a continual strive for improvement. I just can't emphasize enough how important it is to study real bodies (picture/real people/ect) before trying to draw cartoony ones. Basing art just off of manga; I mean, it's fine, but it's really limiting, is where I'm getting at. You have to understand the basics before you can go off and do your own thing. I found that out when I was doing my own derpy drawings and was wondering why I couldn't make my characters have better looking expressions and look more fluid and have a sense of personality. It's also one of the most common things I see in picture post when people are asking to critique art; especially when it's based heavily on an anime reference.

For me, art is a hobby and a form of therapy, I already have a career set that I plan on taking. Working with bodies and people helps me formulate ideas and positions and such when I want to draw.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:19 am
Slick Southpaw
Halfling Heroine

@ichi: you're probably right, I just remembered that Mikey had male models mostly, I thought it had to do something with issues with getting females/preferring males/something along those lines. I just couldn't remember if they're live or dead

Halfling, everyone has their own way of doing things and that's what makes it great about art; it can be seen as a continual strive for improvement. I just can't emphasize enough how important it is to study real bodies (picture/real people/ect) before trying to draw cartoony ones. Basing art just off of manga; I mean, it's fine, but it's really limiting, is where I'm getting at. You have to understand the basics before you can go off and do your own thing. I found that out when I was doing my own derpy drawings and was wondering why I couldn't make my characters have better looking expressions and look more fluid and have a sense of personality. It's also one of the most common things I see in picture post when people are asking to critique art; especially when it's based heavily on an anime reference.

For me, art is a hobby and a form of therapy, I already have a career set that I plan on taking. Working with bodies and people helps me formulate ideas and positions and such when I want to draw.

I may well have mixed up Michelangelo and Leonardo, I haven't touched my art History book all summer. sweatdrop
I wouldn't be surprised if Michelangelo really was gay and was either in denial about it/or just wanted to keep it a secret.(Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it homosexuality was illegal back then.)

Slick:I totally agree with what you're saying about needing to learn to draw from life to be able to draw cartoons. That's why I've stopped drawing just from manga tutorial books. They have helped me to a certain degree, but I understand that I can't improve solely from those. That's why over the past while I've gone back to the basics and started drawing real people from life. Granted, it may not be as good as drawing from cadavers, but it's the best compromise I can reach. 3nodding

If I'm honest I have no idea what I want to do as a career. I'm weak at maths science, and foreign languages. I love art but I'm not good enough at art to make a career just from that. My biggest strengths in school were History and English, but I would prefer to be doing a job that requires creativity. That's why I'm thinking that going into graphic design and multimedia might be my best bet.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 pm
yessss I got resident evil revelations for 35 with free shipping to Brazil and no tax, so happy emotion_kirakira  

BiaA

Nerd

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:39 pm
BiaA
yessss I got resident evil revelations for 35 with free shipping to Brazil and no tax, so happy emotion_kirakira
There has not been a single Resident Evil game that I liked.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:03 pm
So I decided to watch an episode of The Beauty and the Geek and I'm just like oh stop it, most of these guys are totally cute, you could go waaaaaay worse than that.

J 4 C K
BiaA

To be honest the only other RE game that I've played was Umbrella Chronicles in the co-op mode. But I played the demo and it was cool.

And it was a very nice offer for me cause games here in Brazil are suuuper expensive with the standard price for 3DS games being aprox. 75 ******** dollars. Importing is an option, but the shipping and taxes hack up the price.  

BiaA

Nerd

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 pm
I'm back from work.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:11 pm
BiaA
So I decided to watch an episode of The Beauty and the Geek and I'm just like oh stop it, most of these guys are totally cute, you could go waaaaaay worse than that.

J 4 C K
BiaA

To be honest the only other RE game that I've played was Umbrella Chronicles in the co-op mode. But I played the demo and it was cool.

And it was a very nice offer for me cause games here in Brazil are suuuper expensive with the standard price for 3DS games being aprox. 75 ******** dollars. Importing is an option, but the shipping and taxes hack up the price.

Resident Evil Revelations is amazing.  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games