Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:50 am

Slick Southpaw
Magnificent Moonbeam
Slick Southpaw
ooohhh gotcha. I'm up to my eyeballs in student loans, which is kinda why my mindset is more of:
"yeah I'll work during the holidays if it means more money in my account at the end of the day"

Still sucks though. I've worked through drinking holidays like 4th of July and it's like Mario Kart on the roads and I wanna murder half the people who show up at my work.
Yeah. sweatdrop As for my medical insurance thing, I was denied it again. >.> I was said to be born autistic like my brother when I was in California, but when I went to see a psychologist, he diagnosed me with Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism), so I lost all benefits when I was 14 years old. But I'm going back to Human Services to be able to get food stamps like my brother does. I'm able for that, but not for Medical insurance since my stepdad lost his job. Social Security destroyed the records of when I had gone to the psychologist to get a check or something like that.
yyeeeesh, that really sucks
emotion_hug

Only reason why I have medical insurance is cos I'm adding the cost of that from the university to my big a** loans.

Ugh, I swear getting health insurance in the US is a friggin nightmare. I'm really sorry to hear that. Are there other health insurance companies that you might have better luck with? Cos I swear the options federally available are only good if you're an older adult or if you meet the following requirements, Medicaid. Even then that differs from state to state on how much health coverage you can get.

Also, if you need vaccinations and such, I recommend checking out pharmecutical websites like GlaxoSmithKline or something similar. Certain state programs have partnered up with GSK and other such companies to provide free vaccines to uninsured adults. Did a project on this for nursing school earlier this year, I know for sure there's availability in Washington regarding this matter (I don't know what state/where you live in so I'm trying to be broad lol).
I haven't had tried other companies and thanks for giving me some encouragement. I don't need vacinaitons, I mainly needed the insurance to get eyedrops for my glaucoma. I know about Social Security destroying the data of my appointment with the psychologist. My mom tried getting it twice and they keep refusing to.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 am

The gintama anime is coming back this octoberrrrrrrrr ~ heart

YYYESSSSSS!!!

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 am

Prince Ichi
cries quietly to self

uninsured for 2 years now

haven't had an eye exam in 3 years (I can't see very far in front of me), a lady exam, a physical, I have a huge a** cavity that's being kept at bay with temp filling stuff from the pharmacy, and I really need to get my hormones checked out kjfdhlkfh

and these millionaire bozos try to say healthcare is a thing a 20 year old on their own in university can easy obtain `___`

At least under Obama (assuming he gets re-elected), I'll be insured under my mom until I'm 26 after her and my step dad get married and get the family insurance plan going in January.

sighs
;n; it's ridiculous. And from a soon to be working nurse standpoint (I will be having my license in about a year), I just hope that this healthcare plan has some preparations on how to get more people in the medical field, or else nursing is gonna take more of a radical change like it is in Europe and other places that have universal healthcare as a national standard. Because with a nation as big as USA is, you're gonna need a shitton of healthcare workers to adequately meet the needs of the people. We've already got a nursing and doctor shortage as it is, between expenses (nursing school is hella expensive, can't imagine costs to be a doctor, also I have to get malpractice insurance now) and classroom space (there's no incentive for nurses to go get a master's degree and teach financially) to teach the next generation of nurses and most hospitals are cutting back on clinical space because of the costs. So your future nurses will be more familiar with simulation mannequins than humans.

But seriously, it really sucks how the system works right now. Personally, I'd think a national program, plus, if you have the money to continue on private insurance, would be more of a win-win, provided that there's enough to meet the needs of the populace.

Cos if not, you can have fun like patients in Japan where overworked healthcare workers do when there's low participation from having a pay cut. Still, their focus on preventative medicine is really awesome, and that's really the key to cutting down majority of healthcare costs in general. It's a two way street to affordable healthcare.

s**t, I mean, I got into nursing because I wanted to help people. But y'know what? I'd like to make decent wages for how difficult it is to pass the school and to pay back all my student loans I accumulated too. Part of me is torn, because I understand completely why health insurance really needs to be made affordable. But how much is affordable to patients, and how much is affordable to healthcare professionals who spend a lot of time and money to get their degree?I mean, you want the best of care and you want people who are proficient at taking care of you, right? Then you factor in research with drugs and evidenced-based care, and suddenly the cost of things seem much more realistic. Dealing with bureaucratic parties within the healthcare system is a huge part of making this transition, of course.

/long winded reply. I have many feels about this since I became a lot more acquainted with the costs of medical care. Nobody should be denied healthcare, but I hope there's a better way to apply it without burning the candle at both ends.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 am

mmkay, now for something less srs bsns

I've decided that programming my cellphone alarm to play Mortal Kombat theme song is quite an awesome way to start the day.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 am

Congrats, Slick.

*sigh* Buyer's remorse is awful. The first gen is too tempting not to buy of Modus, I thought i'd like the 5th gen, but I'm too impatient. I don't know what else to sell so I can get close to it or a 2nd gen.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 am

8D Thanks! Blood sweat and tears certainly is going into this degree. Literally.

Ahhhh I totally understand buyer's remorse. I'm busy trying to convince myself I don't like the bloodied poses and the face scars from the last evolution so I can wait for it to decrease in value. Probs won't happen till after Halloween though.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:27 am

I now remember why I stopped chancing my arm in the art freebies forum.
I've easily posted in over twenty threads and I've only gotten one reply. I understand that they are freebies and no-one is obliged to draw anything, but it does get a bit disheartening when your request is ignored/turned down time and time again. sweatdrop [Mind you, it still beats trying to wade through all the over-priced art shops.] I wish some of the artists I commissioned before were still around...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 am

Slick Southpaw
8D Thanks! Blood sweat and tears certainly is going into this degree. Literally.

Ahhhh I totally understand buyer's remorse. I'm busy trying to convince myself I don't like the bloodied poses and the face scars from the last evolution so I can wait for it to decrease in value. Probs won't happen till after Halloween though.
I actually love those really. Grew up with heavy metal, and watched horror movies with my mom. I am happy my 5th gen sold so I can get a 2nd gen. Sure, I'll have to wait a couple more weeks for it to reach its finale, but I can be happy to try on all the poses, including the Mermaid poses. Now you got me wanting to make a Halloween avi. *sighs and feels a little down because Halloween would've been the first year anniversary of my last boyfriend and myself's dating*

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Halfling Heroine
I've easily posted in over twenty threads and I've only gotten one reply. I understand that they are freebies and no-one is obliged to draw anything, but it does get a bit disheartening when your request is ignored/turned down time and time again. sweatdrop [Mind you, it still beats trying to wade through all the over-priced art shops.] I wish some of the artists I commissioned before were still around...

wat
this sounds like my kind of luck. Like for srs.

I can't understand why people wouldn't draw you. You fit like 99% of artist requirements.

I get why people don't wanna draw me, cos I'm dressed as a hairy muscular non bishie dude with facial hair, horns and goatlegs.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:44 pm

I am finished helping for the Labor Day party here at home. Finished peeling and filling deviled eggs, mom mad the Satan eggs, I filled up some of my stepdad's homemade salsa, and French Dip, I'm excited to try and have some of the Maple Porkchops. Sounds gross at first, but they used a maple seasoning on the porkchops.

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:00 pm

u guys do know that i will draw you things if you throw enough gold at me right

http://princeichi.deviantart.com/gallery/

i'm not the best but I think i'm at least a little better than half the super over priced desu......
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:13 pm

your stuff is pretty good, Ichi, but too rich for my blood.

@Moonbeam: Maple Porkchops does sound pretty delish, actually xd

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Slick Southpaw
Halfling Heroine

wat

I can't understand why people wouldn't draw you. You fit like 99% of artist requirements.

I get why people don't wanna draw me, cos I'm dressed as a hairy muscular non bishie dude with facial hair, horns and goatlegs.

It's consoling to hear I'm not the only person who has bad luck with these things. gonk

All the people I've come so far (with one exception) haven't even been interested enough in my avatar to quote me and say "sorry no thanks", let a mind actually draw me.I can only guess that people are either allergic to drawing armor or my avatar isn't the right kind of 'feminine'.(Elegant as opposed to cute.)

I would love to commission you Ichi but the most I could afford to pay you would be a million,(if I sold few things) and I'm guessing that wouldn't be nearly enough to commission an artist of your caliber.(I don't know what you're saying about not being the best, you're an excellent artist.) The other problem is a lot of the good artists on Gaia will only accept RL commissions these days, which aren't an option for me because I don't have my own credit card. Those who do accept gold commission have to be bribed with ultra rare items and have huge waiting lists. That's not even getting into the fact that buying art can often be a bit of a gamble anyway. The last piece of art I ordered was nowhere near, in my opinion, the standard of the artist's samples. However I had already paid and felt like I wasn't in a position to complain or ask for a refund.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Dude I charge a mil for a flat full body LOL. I can get RL commissions pretty easily through networking on tumblr, or hunting through the request forum, but I like doing ones for gaia occasionally simply for practice before I work on RLCs.

I've always loved your avatars, too, like augdfkjhf armor ARMOR EVERYWHERE.. I need to get better at drawing armor before I tackle one of my commissions, which is basically doing a full body, full suit ref for someone's ME3 Fem!shep.

Also if you're ever dissatisfied with something, just speak up, I mean there are rules in the art forums saying you can't misrepresent your work. You won't come off as rude or anything, you're the customer and have every right to ask for a change or whatever.

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Halfling Heroine
Slick Southpaw
Halfling Heroine

wat

It's consoling to hear I'm not the only person who has bad luck with these things. gonk

All the people I've come so far (with one exception) haven't even been interested enough in my avatar to quote me and say "sorry no thanks", let a mind actually draw me.I can only guess that people are either allergic to drawing armor or my avatar isn't the right kind of 'feminine'.(Elegant as opposed to cute.)

I would love to commission you Ichi but the most I could afford to pay you would be a million,(if I sold few things) and I'm guessing that wouldn't be nearly enough to commission an artist of your caliber.(I don't know what you're saying about not being the best, you're an excellent artist.) The other problem is a lot of the good artists on Gaia will only accept RL commissions these days, which aren't an option for me because I don't have my own credit card. Those who do accept gold commission have to be bribed with ultra rare items and have huge waiting lists. That's not even getting into the fact that buying art can often be a bit of a gamble anyway. The last piece of art I ordered was nowhere near, in my opinion, the standard of the artist's samples. However I had already paid and felt like I wasn't in a position to complain or ask for a refund.
Pssh, my bad luck was so bad that I was drunk when I made my shop.
Like, I was really pissed at this chick who was advertising that she wanted to expand her horizons and draw guys that aren't bishies with horns [mind you, I was wasted on whiskey at the time]. I asked if she would draw mine, and I'd be willing to pay more than her base price/tip her ect if she drew Slick. Then she was all LOLOLOL NO I MEAN DUDES WITHOUT FACIAL HAIR AND HORNS. All the guys she selected were most def bishie like characters. Thus, my art shack was born because I got super pissed at that. xd

Which is probably why even like 100 sober edits later my OP still reeks of butthurt drunkeness. Which is fine by me, and surprisingly seems to attract people to my shop lol

Ach, it's that regal, armor look. I'd totally agree that's why people wouldn't draw your character, which is sad, because it's nice to see something other than desu chicks. Not like there's anything wrong with them, I comment on people's profiles that have really cute avatars that catch my eye, but y'know, it gets tedious after awhile seein the same old things.

Ugh, I hear you on the commission woes. I paid a chick 500k for this once piece and I was liek

...this is not near the quality close to your samples I have been looking for. emotion_facepalm I made up for the loss in commissions, buuuuuut it still bugs me. And I kinda regret payin for it. Eh, you learn when it comes to buying art how to roll. Thankfully the other commissions I paid for yielded much better results after that frustration.
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games