Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:36 pm
Yuu Takahashi of LaRin
Vigilia

Uh, question. Would it be possible to claim a Chima in the monthly horoscope?

Sure thing!
As long as the fakemon is listed as common and as long as it is alright with the creators, fakemon can be claimed from horoscopes as long as they meet the requirements.

And i am okay with this. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:47 pm
Vigilia
Sure thing!
As long as the fakemon is listed as common and as long as it is alright with the creators, fakemon can be claimed from horoscopes as long as they meet the requirements.

Yes! All the cute! heart

And, another question for you since I'm already talking to you. xd Do I have to claim a giveaway/horoscope Pokemon at the level it's offered or can I claim it at a lower level? ninja  

Fallen Prince of LaRin

xxxmamoru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:20 am
In the process of trying to get back into the swing of things and looking around a bit has reminded me of an old question I can't remember if I ever asked.

are the Legendary Pokemon people win / buy one of a kind? And then they're out of circulation until whoever has it doesn't want it anymore? Or is there no such limit?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:52 am
xxxmamoru
In the process of trying to get back into the swing of things and looking around a bit has reminded me of an old question I can't remember if I ever asked.

are the Legendary Pokemon people win / buy one of a kind? And then they're out of circulation until whoever has it doesn't want it anymore? Or is there no such limit?
hope im not out of line in answering this but they're unlimited. If you want the same legend that someone else already has it doesn't effect you.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:01 pm
Loonamist

Questions of my own, Can we catch more then 1 pokemon in a hoard battle and do i need to roll 1 D4 to set the pokemons levels ( in the games a hoards all the same level ) or roll for each diff pokemon ?

And i didn't think of this before i rolled but is a hoard all 1 type of pokemon or in the case of my potential screw up a collecting of diff pokemon available in that area ?

Emory would encounter 2 Caterpie, Pansear, Pansage and Fletchling. Im wanting to catch both the Pansear and Pansage currently. Sorry for the screw up

Edit: Also is a hoard always -25 or is it -N x5. N being the bump count for that area ? In Emory's cause its -3 so is it -25 or -15  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:28 pm
Yuu Takahashi of LaRin
Vigilia
Sure thing!

Yes! All the cute! heart

And, another question for you since I'm already talking to you. xd Do I have to claim a giveaway/horoscope Pokemon at the level it's offered or can I claim it at a lower level? ninja

Hope I'm not intruding, but I'd say it's safe to assume you can claim it at a lower level if you wish : )

xxxmamoru

Tano already answered, but just wanted to confirm that, indeed, they're unlimited; just because someone else has a legendary, doesn't mean someone else can't have the same legendary ^^

Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist

Questions of my own, Can we catch more then 1 pokemon in a hoard battle and do i need to roll 1 D4 to set the pokemons levels ( in the games a hoards all the same level ) or roll for each diff pokemon ?

And i didn't think of this before i rolled but is a hoard all 1 type of pokemon or in the case of my potential screw up a collecting of diff pokemon available in that area ?

Emory would encounter 2 Caterpie, Pansear, Pansage and Fletchling. Im wanting to catch both the Pansear and Pansage currently. Sorry for the screw up

Edit: Also is a hoard always -25 or is it -N x5. N being the bump count for that area ? In Emory's cause its -3 so is it -25 or -15

If you're making the hoard, and not encountering it naturally (ie it's not normally available on the list of things you can encounter), then it's just like encountering 5 wild pokemon, but at the same time. Which means that it costs 5 x the amount of posts it costs to encounter one pokemon, so in this case, 15, if it costs 3. It also means you can catch whatever pokemon you want.

In a normal hoard, you can only catch one, since you'd have had to have rolled for the hoard, but you would have only lost a post count equivalent to one pokemon, essentially, so that's all you can catch.

Since this seems to be a hoard of you're making, though, the first situation applies.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:38 pm
Loonamist

If you're making the hoard, and not encountering it naturally (ie it's not normally available on the list of things you can encounter), then it's just like encountering 5 wild pokemon, but at the same time. Which means that it costs 5 x the amount of posts it costs to encounter one pokemon, so in this case, 15, if it costs 3. It also means you can catch whatever pokemon you want.

In a normal hoard, you can only catch one, since you'd have had to have rolled for the hoard, but you would have only lost a post count equivalent to one pokemon, essentially, so that's all you can catch.

Since this seems to be a hoard of you're making, though, the first situation applies.
These are all pokemon available in the Santalune forest where Emory's next post will be and there aren't any rules that i could find on hoard battles so i didn't think to ask before i rolled. Im assuming that in a normal hoard battle it be all one type of pokemon say all caterpie ?

i rolled 5 D10's to figure out what all i was encountering for this hoard. Does that mean i can still catch the two Pan's ?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:42 pm
Loonamist
Hope I'm not intruding, but I'd say it's safe to assume you can claim it at a lower level if you wish : )

Yay~! Now, to wait for Klow.

One more question. Hopefully. I did just read over the rules again to make sure, but there are so many words, so I'm sorry if I missed it. Can items claimed during giveaways (like FP berries or crystal shards) be forfeited rather than given to a character to be applied to a giveaway or starter Pokemon right away?  

Fallen Prince of LaRin

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:48 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist

These are all pokemon available in the Santalune forest where Emory's next post will be and there aren't any rules that i could find on hoard battles so i didn't think to ask before i rolled. Im assuming that in a normal hoard battle it be all one type of pokemon say all caterpie ?

i rolled 5 D10's to figure out what all i was encountering for this hoard. Does that mean i can still catch the two Pan's ?

Yes, there are some places that actually have hoards as one of their possible encounters, and they're generally all the same species. In this case, when you just use the pokemon available in an area to make you're own hoard, then what I mentioned above applies. You need to generate a level for each one, since again, it's basically encountering five individual pokemon, you're just consolidating them into a hoard, but you can catch however many of them that you want, and expedite the battling.

Yuu Takahashi of LaRin
Loonamist

Yay~! Now, to wait for Klow.

One more question. Hopefully. I did just read over the rules again to make sure, but there are so many words, so I'm sorry if I missed it. Can items claimed during giveaways (like FP berries or crystal shards) be forfeited rather than given to a character to be applied to a giveaway or starter Pokemon right away?

No worries!
Items can be used on pokemon prior to introduction, however I don't think you can use them on starter pokemon, since they're not the same as a giveaway pokemon. You can use them after getting the starter though (have them find the items, consume them on their own, etc).

You can use them on giveaway pokemon to introduce them with higher FP; I recently did that for some of the pokemon I'm giving to one of my characters, in fact. Just make sure you mention it somewhere (in post, in a character's item history, or something) so that a mod knows where the FP came from, and you can keep track of when/where/how the items were used/lost : )  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:55 pm
Loonamist
Thank you loona  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:09 pm
Loonamist
Im going to assume we can't use "Sweet Incense:" for horde battles ?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:14 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
Im going to assume we can't use "Sweet Incense:" for horde battles ?

No, like the mysterious incense, it's only one pokemon per post. It's insinuated rather than written out, however, I'll add it to make it more clear.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fallen Prince of LaRin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:14 pm
You guys must be tired of my questions.

I didn't see anything about bikes or roller skates. I'm guessing those are actual RP props and don't have any actual system functions?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:24 pm
Yuu Takahashi of LaRin
You guys must be tired of my questions.

I didn't see anything about bikes or roller skates. I'm guessing those are actual RP props and don't have any actual system functions?

Those are just rp props and have no actual functions. It doesn't do anything like shorten the amount of posts needed to get from one place to another, but It's good for plot things. :3
I hope that answered your question~  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Fallen Prince of LaRin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:48 pm
Vigilia

It does. Thank you!

Another question. I know I'm being a curious pest. xd When I claim my starter, can I put it kind of off to the side until he gets back to Petalburg City?

My idea is that he goes to the professor's lab to deliver a package to them and bonds with the starter I have in mind, so he asks/is asked if he can have/wants it, but doesn't really have much motivation to be a trainer at that point. That'll change once he returns home, of course, but since he won't be an official trainer at that point, having the starter as an active Pokemon seems a bit cheat-y.  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games