Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
--- C H A T B O X --- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:06 pm
*nods* No more school is a good thing, but I sometimes miss going to classes. Some of my college teachers were really great.

(Please no rape comments BTW. Although I've never personally had the misfortune, I know that some people might have, and it can become a hypersensative issue in a hurry).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:07 pm
I didn't sleep at all last night sweatdrop except I think I might have nodded off at about 5, but then I got jerked awake by my alarm again at 6 stare that's what I get for sleeping from 3 to 9 after school...  

Kitsoru

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:08 pm
Have you tried listening to music and perhaps breathing exercises to help you to get to sleep when you need to?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:14 pm
lurichan
Have you tried listening to music and perhaps breathing exercises to help you to get to sleep when you need to?

well, I usually play Guilty Gear music or something on my TV in the bg, my PS2 is always on, but rock music probably isn't the best sweatdrop and I really haven't tried the breathing exercises- any tips?  

Kitsoru

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:24 pm
Kitsoru
lurichan

well, I usually play Guilty Gear music or something on my TV in the bg, my PS2 is always on, but rock music probably isn't the best sweatdrop and I really haven't tried the breathing exercises- any tips?

Rock music is a lot better for getting you pumped up and ready to go, plus you're brain will automatically try to sharpen and focus since that's what you do when you play the game. I would suggest trying something a little mellower (even to the point of downright boring) for actually trying to get to sleep.

As for breathing exercises, one good one is to take a deep breath, hold it for a few moments, let it all out, hold that for a few moments, and repeat about five times. If you can hold each step to the slow count of five is can do a lot to relax you and put your mind at ease since you're concentrating on counting, and not other random thoughts. It's also used a lot right before meditation to help clear out the mind a little bit. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:27 pm
lurichan
Kitsoru
lurichan

Rock music is a lot better for getting you pumped up and ready to go, plus you're brain will automatically try to sharpen and focus since that's what you do when you play the game. I would suggest trying something a little mellower (even to the point of downright boring) for actually trying to get to sleep.

As for breathing exercises, one good one is to take a deep breath, hold it for a few moments, let it all out, hold that for a few moments, and repeat about five times. If you can hold each step to the slow count of five is can do a lot to relax you and put your mind at ease since you're concentrating on counting, and not other random thoughts. It's also used a lot right before meditation to help clear out the mind a little bit. 3nodding
I've tried meditating, but I have such a distracted mind due to ADHD that it never works sweatdrop usually I try to bore myself to sleep by sitting in bed and staring at the ceiling, but then my mind goes into RP mode...and SOMEBODY starts chatting...or doing OTHER things... stare
Kit: ....What!? *innocent look*  

Kitsoru

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
I usually would end up falling asleep when I was younger and tired to meditate. I know what it's like to have a million thoughts cascading through your mind when really you are supposed to be sleeping. When I lay down is when my mind goes through the days events, and things I should be doing the next day. That's why I read so much really. If I read something before I go to sleep, I'm thinking about the story instead and thus not thinking about everything else under the sun (as often) and thus can quiet my mind enough to sleep.

There is also putting up a mental wall between yourself and Kit. that you can take down again when you wake up. Just kindof picture a curtain where you can still see her sillotte, but no sound passes through. That Might help a little on that front.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:35 pm
lurichan
I usually would end up falling asleep when I was younger and tired to meditate. I know what it's like to have a million thoughts cascading through your mind when really you are supposed to be sleeping. When I lay down is when my mind goes through the days events, and things I should be doing the next day. That's why I read so much really. If I read something before I go to sleep, I'm thinking about the story instead and thus not thinking about everything else under the sun (as often) and thus can quiet my mind enough to sleep.

There is also putting up a mental wall between yourself and Kit. that you can take down again when you wake up. Just kindof picture a curtain where you can still see her sillotte, but no sound passes through. That Might help a little on that front.
lol to say that that's easier said than done is an understatement... sweatdrop
Kit: *dances about singing loudly* 4laugh  

Kitsoru

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:38 pm
I would try practicing with trying to muffle the mental static (Kit. being loud and dragging Ky, Sol, and others into the frey) and distancing yourself from it a little bit. Maybe even make a mental room for yourself alone with a door and a lock on it that no one else can open. A cozy little space in your mind that you can retreat into and call your own that makes you feel comfortable, safe, and secure.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:40 pm
lurichan
I would try practicing with trying to muffle the mental static (Kit. being loud and dragging Ky, Sol, and others into the frey) and distancing yourself from it a little bit. Maybe even make a mental room for yourself alone with a door and a lock on it that no one else can open. A cozy little space in your mind that you can retreat into and call your own that makes you feel comfortable, safe, and secure.
yeah, other people have told me that, and I've tried but....that kitsune is an imposing force to be reckoned with...and the time it takes to fall asleep in which I get bored makes me want to do something, since I'm so impatient- it's like running in circles gonk  

Kitsoru

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:43 pm
Kitsoru
lurichan
yeah, other people have told me that, and I've tried but....that kitsune is an imposing force to be reckoned with...and the time it takes to fall asleep in which I get bored makes me want to do something, since I'm so impatient- it's like running in circles gonk

Sometimes you have to not so gently remind her that it is indeed your mind, and if she wants to co-exist happily then you have to be allowed to get some rest. You have to assert yourself once in a while since you are the dominant persona in your body, and occasionally you have to act like it.

There is also just running around until your exhausted and then passing out. ^^* Not the best option in the world, but it works for some people to exercise right before bed.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:46 pm
lurichan
Sometimes you have to not so gently remind her that it is indeed your mind, and if she wants to co-exist happily then you have to be allowed to get some rest. You have to assert yourself once in a while since you are the dominant persona in your body, and occasionally you have to act like it.

lol, good luck with her listening... sweatdrop

lurichan
There is also just running around until your exhausted and then passing out. ^^* Not the best option in the world, but it works for some people to exercise right before bed.

lol I used to do that when I was little, but I don't think my dad would appreciate me doing that while he's trying to sleep- and I'm lazy... rofl
I'm so difficult ._.  

Kitsoru

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:47 pm
You could always try bribing her into being nice to you when you're trying to sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:49 pm
lurichan
You could always try bribing her into being nice to you when you're trying to sleep.
xd true, but with what?
Kit: stare I can hear you guys, you know....*looks over my proverbial shoulder*  

Kitsoru

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:52 pm
Kitsoru
lurichan
xd true, but with what?
Kit: stare I can hear you guys, you know....*looks over my proverbial shoulder*

Kit: I know that you can. I know that you also know that it would be more benificial to you if Becca was able to sleep on occasion. I also know that most kitsune still perfer to sleep in a den instead of a human bed.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games