Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:52 pm
maenad nuri
oh....oh witchvox..

Sisterhood of the Valkyric Warriors: A Christian Wicca Coven

Very few things scare me... But I'm genuinely scared to look that up!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I want to know how the frell they got you in their mouth.
whee wink  

TeaDidikai

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 am
Is it just me or has Witchvox gotten a bit joky over the years?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:03 am
SpaceTerminal Destiny

Witchvox is absolutely cracktastic.

I think, not long after the site began and exploded, it came down to a choice - either everyone had free access to submit articles to Witchvox, or they'd have to develop a bigger staff. They decided to let everyone through the doors, without any sort of discernment. (I'm sure they'd call discernment 'discrimination', but whatever.). Whatever standard they've adopted for their submissions is far too low, in my opinion.

So anyone can submit things. It leaves you with articles written by people who have no idea what they're talking about, more so than the rare person who actually has a point, and writes decently. It all piles up. A decently written article on Witchvox is like a pearl in a pile of pigshit.

I don't even bother going there anymore, as I find it more than useless - I'm not so hard up for pearls that I need to dive into the swill. I certainly don't recommend anyone use it as a resource, because the articles have no consistency or credibility. It's decent enough to seek out what 'covens' or groups might be in your area - but that's about it, in my opinion.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:44 pm
Morgandria
I certainly don't recommend anyone use it as a resource, because the articles have no consistency or credibility. It's decent enough to seek out what 'covens' or groups might be in your area - but that's about it, in my opinion.
It has an almost "I CAN HAZ CHEZBURGR" quality to it. We need more well executed pagan memes- it would be a gold mine.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:16 pm
Morgandria
SpaceTerminal Destiny

Witchvox is absolutely cracktastic.

I think, not long after the site began and exploded, it came down to a choice - either everyone had free access to submit articles to Witchvox, or they'd have to develop a bigger staff. They decided to let everyone through the doors, without any sort of discernment. (I'm sure they'd call discernment 'discrimination', but whatever.). Whatever standard they've adopted for their submissions is far too low, in my opinion.

So anyone can submit things. It leaves you with articles written by people who have no idea what they're talking about, more so than the rare person who actually has a point, and writes decently. It all piles up. A decently written article on Witchvox is like a pearl in a pile of pigshit.

I don't even bother going there anymore, as I find it more than useless - I'm not so hard up for pearls that I need to dive into the swill. I certainly don't recommend anyone use it as a resource, because the articles have no consistency or credibility. It's decent enough to seek out what 'covens' or groups might be in your area - but that's about it, in my opinion.

Time to tell my old high school teachers to invalidate the site for the World Religions class. gonk  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Night Electric

7,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:10 pm
User Image

*running around with 18 pentagrams around the neck, holding a Silver Ravenwolf book* Stop persecuting me! I come from a line of witches that were BURNED!

User Image You know they are.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:37 pm
Quails are Neat
User Image

*running around with 18 pentagrams around the neck, holding a Silver Ravenwolf book* Stop persecuting me! I come from a line of witches that were BURNED!

That is great!  

Neamhain Riona

Night Electric

7,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:33 pm
GuardianIceQueen
Quails are Neat
User Image

That is great!
User Image

I had an ex-friend like that. *rubs eyes* God...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:49 am
SpaceTerminal Destiny

Time to tell my old high school teachers to invalidate the site for the World Religions class. gonk
The only thing is that while they are World Religions- they simply aren't what they say on the tin.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:30 pm
Sometimes I wonder about where a Judaic/Mithric/Hippie/Zoroastrian fusion religion got the idea that setting people on fire was good...
I know they had some odd punishments in Rome, but really where did the habit of immolating people come from?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:58 pm
My Family grimoire is 36 generations long!  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:35 pm
Fiddlers Green
Sometimes I wonder about where a Judaic/Mithric/Hippie/Zoroastrian fusion religion got the idea that setting people on fire was good...
I know they had some odd punishments in Rome, but really where did the habit of immolating people come from?

Popular in Asia I hear.

Celeblin Galadeneryn
My Family grimoire is 36 generations long!
Classic one that is.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:25 pm
Fiddlers Green

Some idea about the fires of purgatory/hell?

Or maybe it just looked pretty.  

Triste-chan

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:59 pm
TeaDidikai
Fiddlers Green

Popular in Asia I hear.

You're referring to the cultural practice of setting widows on fire in India, I presume?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games