Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 pm
My bad mood reason is pretty silly, but damn it, I want to b***h about it.

Been watching Saint Seiya. Awesome 80s anime, nice music, blah blah blah. First 50 some odd episodes, the fansubs were decent enough. Some bad grammar here and there, but nothing terribly bad. Turns out, that's about where that group stopped. The stuff I downloaded then switched to what I can only assume are either Hong Kong bootleg subs, or fansubs by someone without a decent handle on Japanese or English.

Within the first few minutes of the episode, I saw multiple incidents of Engrish, and some terrible mistranslations, including

1) Genrou Maou Ken as Genie Fist (it's more like Demon Emperor Fist, or Demon General Fist)
2) Ryuusei Ken as Heaven Spiral (Shooting Star Fist, Falling Star Fist, or Meteor Fist are all accurate translations)
3) Suddenly Shun's name is transliterated as Ashun ( WTF? I have no idea where they get the A sound from)

Seriously. The first fansub group had its issues (such as translating "Seiya, mate yo! [some sentence I didn't catch]" as just "Seiya!"), but the rest is just downright painful.

It's even more annoying because the only two official English releases don't even cover nearly the entire series, even if one doesn't include the OAVs. ADV's Saint Seiya releases only cover the first arc, with is 70 some odd out of the 114 TV series episodes. And the Knights of the Zodiac releases only cover 30 some episodes, and are horribly butchered to boot.

I swear, once I finish studying Japanese, I'm going to subtitle the damn things myself. I can understand some spoken Japanese already, but not enough to watch the series without (understandable) subtitles just yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:18 pm
Apparently the only difference of all world religions are
Quote:
minor details, some philosphical differences and a few rules.

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Calixti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm
rmcdra
Quote:
There is not enough wtf in the world to express my bafflement at this statement.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:28 pm
Calixti
rmcdra
Quote:
There is not enough wtf in the world to express my bafflement at this statement.
You are surely aware this is a byproduct of the fact that all religions teach Love and Acceptance.  

TeaDidikai

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:07 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti
rmcdra
Quote:
You are surely aware this is a byproduct of the fact that all religions teach Love and Acceptance.

Don't forget about Salvation and a Way to God.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 pm
AniMajor
TeaDidikai
Calixti
rmcdra
Quote:

And remember, just because you willfully accept Yeshua as your savior doesn't mean you are Christian.  

TeaDidikai

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:13 pm
TeaDidikai
AniMajor
TeaDidikai
Calixti
rmcdra
Quote:

And remember, just because you willfully accept Yeshua as your savior doesn't mean you are Christian.
Exactly don't you know that true Christians do...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:22 pm
I also learned something about Satanism, Christianity, and Wicca.

Quote:

I was hoping to leave Satanism out of the discussion because of the fact that it is only religion on the left hand path. Satanism has no consequences at all for human actions, no afterlife,(this also includes re-incarnation) and no higer power than ourselves.

however, the similarities between Christianity and Wicca are alot closer than people might think.

I've bolded the new information I learned.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 pm
Had my first movie walk out to District 9. It was really bad... all it managed to accomplish was make me queasy with that faux-camcorder s**t.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:13 pm
rmcdra

Quote:

I was hoping to leave Satanism out of the discussion because of the fact that it is only religion on the left hand path. Satanism has no consequences at all for human actions, no afterlife,(this also includes re-incarnation) and no higer power than ourselves.

however, the similarities between Christianity and Wicca are alot closer than people might think.

Link?  

TeaDidikai

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:41 pm
So, Let me get this straight;

You preformed weather magic just to prove to Tyler that you could do it.

And.. everything is okay because you have a natural born talent to change the weather at your will?

Is that supposed to make me look up to you?

You've been practicing Witchcraft since you were apparently seven and all those alleged years of studying you still don't understand why something like that is so irresponsable? So stupid?

I'm so disappointed with you. And what gets me, is that you think I'd be stupid enough to think it was cool and praise you for it...

Please just stop talking to me, Please. Everything that comes out of your mouth feels more and more like an insult to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:09 pm
TeaDidikai
rmcdra

Quote:

Link?

One of the guilds on Gaia.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 pm
Namikikyo

Is that supposed to make me look up to you?
That's usually the point of Mr. Darks, yes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:28 am
Love of Mine: In one day, I fixed the printer (because your stuff got stuck in there....somehow), your laptop (I fixed it with maaaaagiiiiiic) and now you've lost your wallet?

It's like you set yourself up for this.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:28 pm
I've found the perfect picture for several people.

User Image

Sorry if you already have it, or seen it, but it reminded me of many people here and gave me the giggles.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games