Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 am
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
Thank you. Has anyone seen my team plasma event question yet by chance ?

I think that was just for noting interest in participation, so I'm not sure anyone noticed, but after checking, I would say no to both, sorry :c Them being twins with their style doesn't really change things, so the only one pokemon/battle per post still applies, and they wouldn't be able to get to use a second pokemon during the boss battle because everyone else will be battling with one, and it wouldn't be fair to let them use two.
Oh my bad i didn't see the one pokemon per post part sweatdrop

It's okay, the wording was a bit ambiguous, so I clarified and added an FAQ just to make sure. Sorry about the confusion oTL
In that cause ima going to edit my other post to indicate Yukie and the Twins joining in for this event.

Mkay!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:46 pm
Loonamist
Ryssa Blackblood
Can the 3x grooming items I won be more of the Glamour Shampoo, Conditioner, and Sheen?

Ah, no, I should probably clarify that, they would need to be grooming items you could normally post for. I'll edit that into the page, thank you for bringing that up.

thankies  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:47 pm
Im going to try and make an argument as to why metronome is broken and how to resolve the issue's im going to be pointing out. Im going to give the facts as they have been given to me by loona herself and reasons i feel that leave this move broken and usable in the larger aspect of the guilds system.
I'll seek to prove that this move is little more then a normal type attack with personal selection on if its to be a special or physical attack with a randomized damage calculator and thus is NOTHING like the real move.

Quote:
Metronome: Roll a 10-sided dice, result as follows: 1-0, 2-10, 3-30, 4-50, 5-60, 6-80, 7-100, 8-150, 9-200, 10-250. You are free to choose any attack that deals a corresponding amount of damage. Dmg is Normal Type. Moves cannot be Super Effective

Moves are always normal type / Can't be super effective.
While i see the logic in this i still need to argue it and yes i do remember agreeing to this addition to the move but that was reservations and much dislike of this entire affair to begin with but the real issue here is that moves used via Metronome don't lose their typing and thus moves could be super effective.
By making all moves normal type you've essentially created a new move in that we the player can now pick if the attack is going to be a physical or special attack as we are given free selection over the move used based on the damage roll. This is a problem as it can be used to avoid things like static and mummy.

Ignores all effects
Im told that NO EFFECTS are ever accounted for which thus makes any and all effect moves such as Leer pointless to even account for in selection ( 1-0 ) and EXTREMELY limits how the move could be used as everyone would be inclined to simply maximize their damage. This problem is made worse with the removal of moves typing because now we don't even get the liberty of selecting a move we could take advantage of on ANY LEVEL. In my own personal cause having rolls a 2 ( 2-10 ) im limited to just 2 moves out of nearly 1000. Constrict and Return. I was however told i could also use the move Magnitude as the first scale of damage is a 10. But really whats the point, Its a normal attack with no effects but this brings me to my third point.

Multiple stick and damage scale moves.
Loona informed me that if i rolled say a 3 ( 3-30) i could pick a move such as double slap and scale the damage up to 30 to account for 2 hits. This brings into question 3 things. Im i still ignoring Double Slaps effects of hitting 2-5 times. Do i count the move as a single strike move or a Multiple stick with 2 hits. How do items such as Razor claw and Chansey's Lucky Punch play into this ?

Limited move selections
As it stands right now Metronome does not account for any move that deals 15, 18, 20, 25, 35, 40, 45, 55, 65, 70, 75, 85, 90, 95, 110, or 120 Dmg. So to be blunt that's 219 out of 368 damaging moves it can not use with no explainable reason. In fact the 40, 70 & 90 range isn't even in the spectrum and that along account for 109 possible moves. 2/3rd of the entire damaging move pool is rmissing from a move that has no typing and removes all effects of anything it could possible use ...
15 = 7
18 = 2
20 = 12
25 = 7
35 = 7
40 = 38
45 = 1
55 = 7
65 = 25
70 = 23
75 = 14
85 = 8
90 = 29
95 = 4
110 = 10
120 = 25

Let that sink in for a moment. I can pick if i want this to be a physical or special move and avoid ability's or items, My damage is randomized but i lose all effects and my attack is always a normal type ...You've literally made a new move and no one, admittedly even myself, realize it.

The move is simply to complicated to fix
And now allow me to dispel that notion and fix this overly complicated move by offering my solution please of which while requires a number gen and a dice roll just to find the move still retains typing and effects and doesn't remove the 219 extra moves or leave this move open to being abused.

Quote:
Metronome: Generate a number 1-18. The number results in what type of move the attack is then roll a 12-sided dice to determine damage.scale.
You are free to choose any attack that deals a corresponding amount of damage. If no move of that type is within the roll pick a move of the next weakest roll.

1- Fire / 2- Water / 3- Grass / 4- Electric / 5- Psychic / 6- Ice / 7- Dragon / 8- Dark / 9- Fairy
10- Normal / 11- Fighting / 12- Flying / 13- Poison / 14- Ground / 15- Rock / 16- Bug / 17- Ghost / 18- Steel

1-0Dmg, 2-10-25 / 3-30-35 / 4-40-45 / 5-50-55 / 6-60-65 / 7-70-75 / 8-80-85 / 9-90-95 / 10-100-110 / 11-120-150 / 12-200-250

This makes it impossible to cheap by picking a move with a type advantage, allows the moves to retain their effects and typing and keeps people from simply picking the move that would deal the most damage.

Finally if anyone wish's to inform me that moves do retain their effects when used via Metronome please don't be bother as im going off exactly what I was told by loona and was under the impression moves did still retain effects until she informed me otherwise  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:39 pm
Loonamist
So here's a question and i wanna say iv asked this before but, Can we in Rp context only become an gym leader / frontier brain ?

Like say i have ohm take and pass the gym leaders exam, make a gym location thread in the secret base sub-forum and Battle anyone who goes to that location handing out a badge that has absolutely NO value outside of RP context just for fun and further the plots ?  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:00 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
So here's a question and i wanna say iv asked this before but, Can we in Rp context only become an gym leader / frontier brain ?

Like say i have ohm take and pass the gym leaders exam, make a gym location thread in the secret base sub-forum and Battle anyone who goes to that location handing out a badge that has absolutely NO value outside of RP context just for fun and further the plots ?

I think that would be okay so long as it's very clear that he's not part of any regional league, and that the badge they earn doesn't participate in obedience or anything else :0 It's basically just an rp thing  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 pm
What are Star Shards?  

SuperOniBlue

Aged Regular

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:24 pm
SuperOniBlue
What are Star Shards?

Star Shards are a type of currency that are explained in more depth here. You can collect them through events (the one described there is about to end, however), giveaways, and, occasionally, horoscopes. You can save them up to make purchases from the Shard Shop, located here : )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:12 pm
Loonamist

So, Amaura's defense buff and Olivia's attack buff will cancel each other out, right? Olivia's attack will do default damage? All of her attacks have been updated to include the attack buff, by the way.  

Albino - Cedric

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:30 pm
Albino - Cedric
Loonamist

So, Amaura's defense buff and Olivia's attack buff will cancel each other out, right? Olivia's attack will do default damage? All of her attacks have been updated to include the attack buff, by the way.

Yes, that should be the case : ) And oh! That's good to know, thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:52 pm
SpectralEternity

Ok so Zen mode in my personal opinion needs to be edited. While technically speaking the ability is 100% correct it does trigger something in game i only recently came to know myself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In game the form change triggers a shift in the stat spread that i think we should reflect in the guild. My suggestion is this

Zen mode: All physical attacks used by this pokemon will do x1.3 damage. Changes form when HP drops to 50% or lower then all special attacks used by this pokemon will do x1.2 damage and decrease physical and special damage taken by x1.2.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Fallen Prince of LaRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:35 pm
Loonamist

So, I looked around and didn't see anything that indicated that it was necessary, but I feel I should ask just to make sure. Does someone's character profile need to be finished before they can participate in the horoscope, lottery, or giveaways like the 50k and Fakemon ones?

Edited to quote a mod just in case the thread leaves the page on the guild menu.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Yuu Takahashi of LaRin
Loonamist

So, I looked around and didn't see anything that indicated that it was necessary, but I feel I should ask just to make sure. Does someone's character profile need to be finished before they can participate in the horoscope, lottery, or giveaways like the 50k and Fakemon ones?

Edited to quote a mod just in case the thread leaves the page on the guild menu.

I would say no, it doesn't need to be finished : ) You can go ahead and claim ahead of time. Welcome to the guild, by the way! ^^  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fallen Prince of LaRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:07 pm
Loonamist
I would say no, it doesn't need to be finished : ) You can go ahead and claim ahead of time. Welcome to the guild, by the way! ^^

Awesome! I at least want to claim a Fakemon for my character. And, thank you! I hope it makes coming back to Gaia worth it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:07 pm
Yuu Takahashi of LaRin
Loonamist

Awesome! I at least want to claim a Fakemon for my character. And, thank you! I hope it makes coming back to Gaia worth it.

Sounds good! : ) And I hope so too!  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fallen Prince of LaRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:12 pm
Vigilia

Uh, question. Would it be possible to claim a Chima in the monthly horoscope?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games