Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:43 am
[][User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Gryffindor |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Dani heard the Bludger an instant before it struck, but it still wasn't preparation enough for the impact she'd been expecting for a while now. The girl whom been targeting her for much of the game finally laid a shot into her. The growling metal sphere slammed into her like a rifle shot, catching her from above and behind across her right shoulder.

There was a moment of panic and shock as impact nearly caused her to lose control of her mount, and the shock from the hammer blow radiated through her arm and hand, as well as the rest of her body. Dani's hand slipped and slid up the broomstick, as she was spun around like a propeller mere feet above the pitch, the toes of her shoes actually scraping the turf.

She'd taken hits in games at school before, and this one was about as hard as getting nailed by a line drive in Cricket. Of course, she'd never been hit by a Cricket ball while riding about one hundred and ten kph on a broomstick. Dani gasped for breath as she fought to stay upright on her mount.

'Bloody Hell! Knew it was going to happen sooner or later,' thought Dani, as she grimly arrested the spin and continued to climb away from the ground, and arrow in toward Team One's goal. 'They won't respect me if I can't take the hits, just like the football team.'

Armour Class: 12
                                                                    Skill Modifiers: +2 to Stealing Quaffle, +2 to Shooting the Quaffle
                                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                                    Lives: [1] [2]
                                                                    Effect Value:

ooc: six hour time limit well past, no response from Chasers, one more step toward a shot on goal

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:24 am
To the left, to the right
I can feel it all around
Out to get you and I
Out to try and break us down
They will come with the strength and the fire
And a numb beat of drums
And the song of the sirens in our ears
That will bring 'em all to tears, dear

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Fourth Year - Twin -
[feeling: slightly calmer] [thinking: I'm doing alright for once...] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Tryouts]

Toby had been too slow to intercede and Ronna had gotten a hit on a first year. Annoyed with himself for letting that bludger get by; he really was trying to work on his defense skills, after all, he tried to aim one at Ronna again. His shoulder was throbbing painfully.

I want to be the kind of person that people will write songs about.

Position: Team Two Beater
AC: 16
Mods: +6 Bludger Hits (-1 due to life loss, so now +5)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Yes, I will fight for you
You and me against the world is nothing new
Now and forever true
If you'll be mine then I will fight for you
So we stand back to back
And we smile as they come
'Cause they plan for attack
Knowing we've already won

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:38 am
User ImageUser ImageTook your advice and did the opposite
Just being young and stupid
I haven't been all that you could've hoped for
But if you'd held on a little longer
You'd have had more reasons to be proud...

In Company of: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls
Wearing: Red Tanktop and Jeans
Now, I almost feel bad about hitting her.

Veronica was surprised by the fact the first year had taken the hit so hard, but she quickly recovered. Ronna hadn't thought she had hit her that hard... then again she did have a pretty strong swing and holding back wasn't normal for her in anything. That was when she heard the sound of a whistle coming towards her she turned just in time to take the hit into her left wrist and she managed to protect her broom by taking the force by her wrist, and she frowned at the snapping sound and let out a string of curses, biting back the pain as she held onto the broom, knowing that her steering capabilities were going to be compromised. She glanced up to Toby and gave him a grim smile before she returned her attention to Danica and the other chasers-Danica was taking the lead it looked like despite her rocky hit.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxQuidditch Statsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Team 1
Position: Beater
Aiming at: N/A
Roll Total: N/A +2 +4 -2 = N/A

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Advance Flying II) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, -2 to rolls for lost lives, +2 flying (only counts towards AC), +4 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I), +1 Lives
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [O] [O] [X] [X]

Opponents hit: 06
Opponents missed: 03
Bludgers blocked: 00

Team 1 score: 20 pts
Team 2 score: 00 pts

So many questions
But I'm talking to myself
I know that you can't hear me any more
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye
But I know that you can't hear me any more...

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:52 pm
[][User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Spared a hasty glance behind her, Dani wondered where the opposing players were, as she figured the Chasers were likely hot on her heels. Instead, she couldn't figure out where they were, and she urged her mount to greater speed.

Effect Value:

ooc: six hour time limit well past, no response from Chasers, one more step toward a shot on goal

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
shabatha rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:13 am
User Image

, ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena watched as they played keep away. Or a version of it. She tried to stay in the battle but it wasn't really working that well. Oh well. When Dani got hit with a bludger but kept flying, Celaena decided she was going to get that ball!

Position: Team 1 Chaser?
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 Catch, -1 Injury
Special Skills: Great Catch, Natural flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ cat_blaugh ] [ cat_blaugh ] [ cat_blaugh ] [ cat_crying ]

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:17 am
User Image

, ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena was surprised that she had came away with the ball. She smiled a little before racing towards the other end!

Going To the goal! 1/3

User ImageUser Image

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:01 am
User Image

, ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena tried to get her broom to go faster. But she wasn't skilled enough for that. Just the natural riding skills. She smiled, racing towards the goal.

Going To the goal! 2/3

User ImageUser Image

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 pm
[][User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

'I was almost there,' Dani lamented silently, 'but I'm not the only one trying to make the team. Everyone else here is trying to prove they deserve a slot.' As much as she told herself this, it didn't make her feel any better about getting stripped and having the other girl charging off toward the goals.

Dani turned her broom around and launched herself after the other blonde girl, urging her mount to greater speed, as she tried desperately to make up the distance needed to make an attempt to steal the Quaffle back.

Action: Steal the Quaffle back.

Effect Value: 5 (-1 for 1 Life lost)

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
shabatha rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:23 pm
User Image

, ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena dodged the steal attempt with surprise. Well it was sort of narrowly. Either way, she was feeling pretty good. None of her teammates were nearby, and she was worried her shot would miss. Oh well, here she was anyway and she was gonna make the shot!

Going To the goal! 3/3

User ImageUser Image

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:38 pm
To the left, to the right
I can feel it all around
Out to get you and I
Out to try and break us down
They will come with the strength and the fire
And a numb beat of drums
And the song of the sirens in our ears
That will bring 'em all to tears, dear

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Fourth Year - Twin -
[feeling: slightly calmer] [thinking: I'm doing alright for once...] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Tryouts]

Toby's eyes narrowed upon spotting Celaena going for the goals. He flew towards the nearest bludger, readying his bat. Maybe if he could stall her or something.... He swung at the first year.

I want to be the kind of person that people will write songs about.

Position: Team Two Beater
AC: 16
Mods: +6 Bludger Hits (-1 due to life loss, so now +5)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Yes, I will fight for you
You and me against the world is nothing new
Now and forever true
If you'll be mine then I will fight for you
So we stand back to back
And we smile as they come
'Cause they plan for attack
Knowing we've already won

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Let's see if I can help out Celaena....

Veronica watched as the first year on her team, narrowly missed the steal attempt by Danica and as the older chaser hopefuls apparently hung back to let the first years fight it out. She narrowed her eyes as Celaena got to the goals protected by Alex and biting back the pain of her broken wrist Veronica swung towards Alex.

Team 1
Aiming at: Alexandria
Roll Total: 6 +2 +4 -2 = 10 (MISS!)

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Advance Flying II) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, -2 to rolls for lost lives, +2 flying (only counts towards AC), +4 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I), +1 Lives

Opponents missed: 04

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:57 pm
[][User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Almost there,' thought Dani as she closed the gap on the other first year Chaser. The other girl was a good flyer, likely as good or better than she, and more familiar with what they were doing. Dani knew she had one last chance before the girl released the Quaffle. No matter how much her shoulder protested, and it throbbed where the basketball-sized Bludger struck her moments before, she leaned out to try for the ball...

Action: Steal the Quaffle back (or so she tells herself).

Effect Value: 3 (-1 for 1 Life lost)

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Seriously another miss?

Veronica cursed herself in the back of her head as she watched the bludger miss Alex, then again the other bludger Toby hit towards Celeana had missed as well. It was a mess by the goals, and yet both Alex and Celeana lucked out. Ronna wondered if the two hits Toby had landed on her and the hit she had landed on Toby was taking their tolls on their hitting ability. Wincing, she placed her batting hand back on the broom to steady herself and took a deep breath trying to ignore her throbbing and weak left wrist-it really was an inconvenient hit for her.

Team 1
Aiming at: N/A
Roll Total: N/A +2 +4 -2 = N/A

Opponents missed: 04

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:12 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Elli blew her whistle loudly to call for the end of tryouts, before zooming down to the ground and hopping off her broom. She waited silently, arms crossed over her chest, hair haphazardly falling from her once neat pony tail, and an unreadable expression in her eyes.

Once the tryoutees had gathered around her she nodded her head and gave them all bright smiles.
                                                            "Jacob and I have discussed the team while we were observing you all. So here is the line-up. Our starting team, is me, Tanya, and Rosabella for chasers, Jacob and Toby for beaters, Crash as keeper, and David as seeker. Reserves are as follows. Chasers: Reserve number one is Xavier, reserve number two is Leonette, reserve number three is Danica, and reserve number four is Celaena. Beaters: Reserve number one and only is Ronna. Keepers: Reserve number one and only is Alex. Seekers: Reserve number one and only is Eun."

With that out of the way, Elli retreaved her wand from its hip holster and summoned the balls back to their case before strapping the bludgers and snitch in tight. She collected the borrowed school brooms and levitated the barrel of brooms and the box of balls before marching off with them. She only shot Jacob a single apologetic look before leaving the field. She only felt minorly guilty for leaving him with any fallout that might come, although she wondered if for once maybe there would be none.

OOC: ...

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:55 pm
[][User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Dani drew a long deep breath, as she started back toward the castle, realizing how much it hurt, courtesy of the wallop she took getting hit by what amounted to a self-propelled cannonball. Still and all, compared to others she got off lightly. She knew there'd be an impressive bone bruise to show for her first time on the Quidditch pitch, that and the toes of her shoes had some dandy grass stains.

'If David were here he'd be laughing his butt off after seeing his sister make a fool of herself on the pitch,' Dani decided, as she gingerly worked to loosen her shoulder. 'Worst...performance...ever! Two Forced Turnovers, two Fumbles, and zee-ro Shots on Goal. Even on my worst day playing football I've never been so pathetic that I couldn't even line up one shot at the goal.'

As she walked along, she managed a smile and a soft chuckle. 'My record's still intact, I made the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. I'm only a reserve Chaser, but who bloody well cares? I still get to dress for the matches, and I get to practice with the First-String; which means I can only get better. Not too shabby, considering I've never seen Quidditch played before today, much less played it myself.'

Dani continued to maneuver her shoulder around as she walked along, and drew another pained breath. 'Bloody hell, I need a long soak in a tub, or I won't be using my casting arm tomorrow.'

Effect Value:

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games