Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:17 am
Huh, isn't it supposed to be good that the game is finally coming out?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:50 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Huh, isn't it supposed to be good that the game is finally coming out?

If there is any game what could be called over-hyped DNF would be that game

It's most likely going to be a good game

but 13+ years of build up means Gearbox has to delver FPS greatness at the level of DooM or the like

thus its going to be good but not at the level of goodness everyone wants .  

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:32 pm
I guess the Dark Eldar are in the same boat then. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:28 am
Urban myth status is not far off for the Dark Eldar. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:53 am
Change is in the air? whee  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:55 am
Played both the Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC content for Mass Effect 2 yesterday. Both start off kinda meh but by the final act really come to their own. Overlord had a massive soulcrushing moment and the Shadow Broker a really nice and ongoing fire fight over the top of a ship. The ending was a bit too predictable, but the final rewards are worth it. 3nodding  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

x-EternalAnguish-x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:26 pm
Lt. Brookman
Played both the Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC content for Mass Effect 2 yesterday. Both start off kinda meh but by the final act really come to their own. Overlord had a massive soulcrushing moment and the Shadow Broker a really nice and ongoing fire fight over the top of a ship. The ending was a bit too predictable, but the final rewards are worth it. 3nodding

I didn't much care for Overlord 1, you have no direction, you have no idea what your suppose to do. I got lost and the only way I advanced in the story is by aimless wandering, and that was very lucky. But I agree the end of the game was good  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:28 am
Kusebia-san
Lt. Brookman

I didn't much care for Overlord 1, you have no direction, you have no idea what your suppose to do. I got lost and the only way I advanced in the story is by aimless wandering, and that was very lucky. But I agree the end of the game was good
methinks your thinking of the Game overlord and not the DLC for Mass Effect 2

and recently me and my brother had developed a technique for online play called "the sizzle" which basically involves jumping while shooting the most destructive weapon you have at the time Grenade Launchers, RPGs, Twin shotguns whatever you got  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:46 am
Mat
Kusebia-san
Lt. Brookman

and recently me and my brother had developed a technique for online play called "the sizzle" which basically involves jumping while shooting the most destructive weapon you have at the time Grenade Launchers, RPGs, Twin shotguns whatever you got
Yes, both are ME2 DLC.

And that technique, isn't that just bunny hopping?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:05 pm
Lt. Brookman
Mat
Kusebia-san
Lt. Brookman

Yes, both are ME2 DLC.

XD my mistake  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:25 pm
Lt. Brookman
Mat
Kusebia-san
Lt. Brookman

Yes, both are ME2 DLC.

Nah its the sizzle bunny hoping to jump to avoid fire adding sizzle is just to make you look like a d**k with the unnecessary hope before your kill your foe  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:08 pm
.. Bunny hopping is when one person is capable of jumping consecutively and timing the jumps so that each jump increases the movement speed. Resulting in faster then running/walking speed by 200% if not more.

I don't even know what Mat's saying, but I'm going to assume he's playing MW2 an in which case.. If you do the above it's still bunny hoping, even if you shoot whatever guns you got at the time. Infact the people who invented it. (Quake players) Recommend you use rocket launchers/railguns and even the plasma gun while Bhopping.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:20 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
.. Bunny hopping is when one person is capable of jumping consecutively and timing the jumps so that each jump increases the movement speed. Resulting in faster then running/walking speed by 200% if not more.

I don't even know what Mat's saying, but I'm going to assume he's playing MW2 an in which case.. If you do the above it's still bunny hoping, even if you shoot whatever guns you got at the time. Infact the people who invented it. (Quake players) Recommend you use rocket launchers/railguns and even the plasma gun while Bhopping.
Bah you guys are no fun. Sizzle is more of a mindset thing. We get angry and begin jumping only once while shooting. not consecutive jumping just one jump. And usually yell something. Mostly to make us look like a d**k. You would have to see it. But I totally sizzled a game winning killcam earlier  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:39 am
It sounds more like one step away from either trolling or rage quitting. sweatdrop  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 am
Kaori Kapoigne
It sounds more like one step away from either trolling or rage quitting. sweatdrop
yeah pretty much. I try to add a little fun or sizzle back into my games elsewise I just leave the game and kick the controller around a bit though ive only done that once. My brother also gets stupid mad at the game and seems to play faster than humanly possible  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games