Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am
Kez Mani
Slick Southpaw
Kez Mani
I'm thinking about going into nursing, so I've pretty much taken every Bio class there was to offer except Anatomy, which is my science credit this year.
emotion_brofist
awww yiss

As a nursing student in block 2 doing medsurge, I can assure you it's painful, but quite rewarding journey. It's difficult, and anyone who says differently I'd be inclined to jam their junk with a syringe, but I find it certainly worth the effort. The kind of gratitude you get from helping patients makes up for the bs that goes on. And some of the stuff you get to watch is absolutely fascinating. emotion_kirakira

I can't wait to check out wound care and go into the OR.

Oh, I know... my mom was one of those people who ran around delivering paperwork (do they still have those? I haven't been in a hospital for a while, now...) before she got married and decided that her children needed her more than her employer did. She said she kind of envied the nurses because they got to interact with the patients more than she did, and she always wanted to learn more about them then what was on the paper. She's kind of the reason I went into the field.
Everything's mostly electronic now lol. But we have the CNAs (certified nursing assistant) that do some of the more basic interactions with patients such as feeding/cleaning/helping with bathroom/ect and there are hospital secretaries and transport as well.

Though, one of the ER nurses that was one of my instructors put it best, "Nurses are there to make sure the doctors don't kill the patient"

Which is totally true. You have to double check doctor's orders, because in hospitals, a person might have three different physicians all prescribing 3 different medications that do exactly the same thing. In the case of heart medication, you could put a patient at risk for dangerously low blood pressure or heart rate. I've had that happen when at clinicals. Then there's docs who give patients medications that are inappropriate for patients who have a tube in them, or forget that they can't have anything. Then, there's making sure that the dosage sounds reasonable, or stopping medications in the case of a patient who has diarrhea and the doc prescribes a laxative. On top of that, you're doing a fine balancing act of customer service and taking care of patients.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:40 am
Slick Southpaw
Kez Mani
Slick Southpaw
Kez Mani
I'm thinking about going into nursing, so I've pretty much taken every Bio class there was to offer except Anatomy, which is my science credit this year.
emotion_brofist
awww yiss

As a nursing student in block 2 doing medsurge, I can assure you it's painful, but quite rewarding journey. It's difficult, and anyone who says differently I'd be inclined to jam their junk with a syringe, but I find it certainly worth the effort. The kind of gratitude you get from helping patients makes up for the bs that goes on. And some of the stuff you get to watch is absolutely fascinating. emotion_kirakira

I can't wait to check out wound care and go into the OR.

Oh, I know... my mom was one of those people who ran around delivering paperwork (do they still have those? I haven't been in a hospital for a while, now...) before she got married and decided that her children needed her more than her employer did. She said she kind of envied the nurses because they got to interact with the patients more than she did, and she always wanted to learn more about them then what was on the paper. She's kind of the reason I went into the field.
Everything's mostly electronic now lol. But we have the CNAs (certified nursing assistant) that do some of the more basic interactions with patients such as feeding/cleaning/helping with bathroom/ect and there are hospital secretaries and transport as well.

Though, one of the ER nurses that was one of my instructors put it best, "Nurses are there to make sure the doctors don't kill the patient"

Which is totally true. You have to double check doctor's orders, because in hospitals, a person might have three different physicians all prescribing 3 different medications that do exactly the same thing. In the case of heart medication, you could put a patient at risk for dangerously low blood pressure or heart rate. I've had that happen when at clinicals. Then there's docs who give patients medications that are inappropriate for patients who have a tube in them, or forget that they can't have anything. Then, there's making sure that the dosage sounds reasonable, or stopping medications in the case of a patient who has diarrhea and the doc prescribes a laxative. On top of that, you're doing a fine balancing act of customer service and taking care of patients.

Oh, right... why do I always forget what I see on all the commercials for the local hospitals. Seriously, there's at least FIVE hospitals demanding your attention when you watch the local stations around here, and they're all pretty much talking about how you should get treated there because of their excellent staff and latest technology.

Man, that seems really complicated, but still something I'd love to do. I've heard some doctors hate it when you prove them wrong, though.  

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 am
Should gone up to the college today to work on some of the HW i've already been given,but I felt like crud this morning still have a sore throat so glad I have Halz.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:44 am
Kez Mani
Oh, right... why do I always forget what I see on all the commercials for the local hospitals. Seriously, there's at least FIVE hospitals demanding your attention when you watch the local stations around here, and they're all pretty much talking about how you should get treated there because of their excellent staff and latest technology.

Man, that seems really complicated, but still something I'd love to do. I've heard some doctors hate it when you prove them wrong, though.
lul and most nurses are understaffed too, which means you have to prioritize accordingly. Which can be difficult when you have patients hurling insults at you. Though I'm kinda amused when the confused old folk swear at me xd

It's an endless cycle of difficulties, but I like it because I know not every day will be the same. 3nodding

I'm sure there's some docs that def hate it when you prove them wrong cos it's the problem with hierarchy in medicine.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Tsukita-chan

Demure Trash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:00 am
Kez Mani

Any time will do, my love...

I know, right? I might have my brother in there too - he's a freshman and that was one of the first choices he took for electives. At least somebody he knows will be in one of his classes then.

... Any time will do, no choice of words will break me from this rule.

=O

nice!!!
my brother is studying to be a nurse
only 2 more years and he will be out  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 am
Slick Southpaw
Kez Mani
lul and most nurses are understaffed too, which means you have to prioritize accordingly. Which can be difficult when you have patients hurling insults at you. Though I'm kinda amused when the confused old folk swear at me xd

It's an endless cycle of difficulties, but I like it because I know not every day will be the same. 3nodding

I'm sure there's some docs that def hate it when you prove them wrong cos it's the problem with hierarchy in medicine.

And that's another reason I'm going into the field, other then it's just neat. Hopsitals are going to need more nurses. More nurses mean more efficient hospitals.

I'm sorry if that didn't make much sense, but I've got to go in a few minutes - I have to babysit my boyfriend's sister, since he has marching band practice and his mom's busy getting ready for the school year.  

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:27 pm
Kez Mani
Any time will do, my love...

Got my schedule for school. I got a lot of electives this year because it's my Senior year, and at my school you get the least amount of required classes that year.

... So I chose classes like Astronomy and Myth/Drama. And GAME DESIGN! A freaking video game design class!

I love my school.

... Any time will do, no choice of words will break me from this rule.
I'm going to school specifically for interactive design/game dev. :V

You should tell me what that course is like when you get in it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Slick Southpaw

...So much for making a doctor's appointment today. I'm just gonna go hide in a hole or something. >____>  

Diet Poison

Heroic Mage

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 pm
Diet Poison
Slick Southpaw

...So much for making a doctor's appointment today. I'm just gonna go hide in a hole or something. >____>
cool
go see a nurse practioner, yo.

though in all honesty i see it more of a problem in large people based facilities verses something specific like a clinic.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm
Slick Southpaw
cool
go see a nurse practioner, yo.

though in all honesty i see it more of a problem in large people based facilities verses something specific like a clinic.

I can't, sadly. I need to find out if I hate this doctor so I can switch if I do. I'm on a...limited time frame.

Well, that's a little comforting, at least. xd  

Diet Poison

Heroic Mage

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm
Wtf, they announced who's playing Finnick in Catching Fire and he's as basic and bland as a bowl of oatmeal. So not surprising.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:07 pm
meekstape
BiaA
[rant]
I really LOVE how my sister always go:
"this friend of mine is working on a t-shirt brand, you should take the job"
"how is that brand like? what am I supposed to in that job?"
"JUST GO GET SOME MONEY"

"I need a logo for my company"
"do you have any idea how do you want it to look like? what colors do you want to use?"
"just do a LOGO you know, WITH WORDS....oh and make environmental friendly"

And I just know your shitty friends won't pay me s**t. And holy ******** just because I can draw doesn't mean I can take any ******** graphic design job favor you push at me
[/rant]

working on a tshirt brand is actually less graphic design and more illustration and fun. making a logo is about the same things but there are certain design elements and theories to keep in mind so yeah it can be really really tough and annoying.

always have payment be one if the first things discussed tho!

The thing is that later I found out that the brand was super "thug life"-ish and my 16 year old self wasn't that versatile yet.

I've made some stuff for my friends, it just that my sister expects me to pull stuff out of thin air with no explanations of what the person actually wants. She wants everything RIGHT NOW and never sits down so I can explain how stuff works  

BiaA

Nerd

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:18 pm
I'm back from work until Friday. Eye doctor canceled the appointment....again. stare But I'm glad I can play Soul Calibur V until Friday. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:19 pm
BiaA
meekstape
BiaA
[rant]
I really LOVE how my sister always go:
"this friend of mine is working on a t-shirt brand, you should take the job"
"how is that brand like? what am I supposed to in that job?"
"JUST GO GET SOME MONEY"

"I need a logo for my company"
"do you have any idea how do you want it to look like? what colors do you want to use?"
"just do a LOGO you know, WITH WORDS....oh and make environmental friendly"

And I just know your shitty friends won't pay me s**t. And holy ******** just because I can draw doesn't mean I can take any ******** graphic design job favor you push at me
[/rant]

working on a tshirt brand is actually less graphic design and more illustration and fun. making a logo is about the same things but there are certain design elements and theories to keep in mind so yeah it can be really really tough and annoying.

always have payment be one if the first things discussed tho!

The thing is that later I found out that the brand was super "thug life"-ish and my 16 year old self wasn't that versatile yet.

I've made some stuff for my friends, it just that my sister expects me to pull stuff out of thin air with no explanations of what the person actually wants. She wants everything RIGHT NOW and never sits down so I can explain how stuff works

ahhhh word s**t like that is annoying as hell so i feel you on that one  

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:23 pm
first coffee of the day.
heck yes this is good  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games