Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Which is even worse. sad
Yeah. There's a lot to this- there are also folks who don't count the Domari amongst the Roma, but it's a lot of No True Scotsman BS as far as I am concerned.

That does seem like a No True Scotsman. I'm in no position to comment though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:14 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Which is even worse. sad
Yeah. There's a lot to this- there are also folks who don't count the Domari amongst the Roma, but it's a lot of No True Scotsman BS as far as I am concerned.

The basic argument is that the different migration periods separate the Romany from the Domari.

The basic problem I see with this is that if you want to split it like that- then where does it end? The rest of the Roma migrated over several centuries as well.

The counter argument is that Domari functions as a dialect, that as a people, we observe similar (in many cases, identical) cultural expressions and the like. The support within the Rroma community is greater than not in my experience.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Which is even worse. sad

The basic argument is that the different migration periods separate the Romany from the Domari.

The basic problem I see with this is that if you want to split it like that- then where does it end? The rest of the Roma migrated over several centuries as well.

The counter argument is that Domari functions as a dialect, that as a people, we observe similar (in many cases, identical) cultural expressions and the like. The support within the Rroma community is greater than not in my experience.

Well, that's good. Seems like a usual case of part of a marginalized group looking for someone to marginalize in turn.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:50 pm
Collowrath

Well, that's good. Seems like a usual case of part of a marginalized group looking for someone to marginalize in turn.
Not really. My limited experience with "Romany Only" groups is that they are simply trying to claim a specific title to unify them accurately. The problem is it just doesn't work- and really if you want an example of passing on that kind of behavior, you should hear about some of the schisms between the Pavee and the Romany here in the US.

~shudders~  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 am
What's problematic of even mistaken accuracy seeking groups is that even if they aren't seeking marginalization or aren't motivated by normalizing themselves over another group, that tends to still be the end result.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:28 am
Recursive Paradox
What's problematic of even mistaken accuracy seeking groups is that even if they aren't seeking marginalization or aren't motivated by normalizing themselves over another group, that tends to still be the end result.
Not really the case here- since the overarching culture isn't aware enough of the differences to understand why G~ group X is taking issue with G~ group Y.  

TeaDidikai

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:27 pm
I want to start trance dancing, But I got a cold the moment I wanted to start dancing. I was so excited before this.

Now I couldn't breathe or dance to save my life unless I want a throat full of snot to choke on.

I'm not really mad, Just disappointed. *sneezes*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:43 pm
Namikikyo
I want to start trance dancing, But I got a cold the moment I wanted to start dancing. I was so excited before this.

Now I couldn't breathe or dance to save my life unless I want a throat full of snot to choke on.

This too shall pass.  

TeaDidikai

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:12 pm
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo

This too shall pass.

I just wish it would pass faster.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
Not really the case here- since the overarching culture isn't aware enough of the differences to understand why G~ group X is taking issue with G~ group Y.

Oh. I suppose that would change the game a bit.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:15 pm
Recursive Paradox

Yeah... I can understand where you're coming from on that guess though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:57 pm
~chuckles~
I'm sorta male.
If people want more than my current state of being, they can ask... if they dare. wink
Things have gotten so complicated in this world... when I make a new one, methinks gender will be something you decide every morning, not unlike what clothes you wish to wear.  

Fiddlers Green

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Yeah... I can understand where you're coming from on that guess though.

Been acquainted with the Harry Benjamin Syndrome nutjobs? The trans community has fun assholes.

Fiddlers Green
~chuckles~
I'm sorta male.
If people want more than my current state of being, they can ask... if they dare. wink
Things have gotten so complicated in this world... when I make a new one, methinks gender will be something you decide every morning, not unlike what clothes you wish to wear.

Some people already do that with crossdressing. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:13 pm
Recursive Paradox
Some people already do that with crossdressing. XD

Actually, I'm considering whether I want people's physical bodies to be anything other than immediately constructed projections. Such that they fade away into the vis when they are not in use and the slumbering intelligence has no need of them.  

Fiddlers Green

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 pm
******** b***h please.
DO NOT come into a thread that I maintain and tell me that MY social comfort level is "childish" or "petty." And no, explaining why it's a "compliment" only makes you look more like a stupid, condescending t**t.
Go play in traffic.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games