Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:06 pm
User Image
                                                                They're gonna 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫 𝔲𝔭 your looks
                                                                With all the 𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰 in the books
                                                                To make a 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫 out of you

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                Where? Quidditch Pitch
                                                                Who? No one in particular.
                                                                Thoughts? I'm so jealous, I'll get to tryout next year. Oh, she's good...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

xxxKnowing that he wasn't allowed to tryout for the Slytherin Quidditch team this year, he still decided that it would be in his best interest to head down to the pitch to watch the tryouts himself. He longingly gazed at the broomsticks moving through the air, remembering his own sitting on a shelf at home. While all of Quidditch was a blast to watch, he personally found that the Beaters were definitely the stars of the show. Sure, the Chasers scored the points and the Seekers ended the games with spectacular catches of the Snitch...but there was nothing more satisfying than seeing a great Beater slam a bludger into an unsuspecting Chaser...or another Beater.

As he mused, he realized that he was focusing quite intently on one player in particular. Beater, she looked somewhat familiar. It dawned on him, making his eyes go wide. 'Oh, she's the Head Girl. What was her name...oh, yes. Mira. She's really good, I could learn a thing or two from her.'

He watched the rest of the players, wincing on occasion when something went wrong or they got a particularly nasty bludger shot. But that inspired Jack and he thought back to the letter he wrote his sisters boyfriend Darius back before he started his term here at Hogwarts.

Clenching his fists, a determined look spread across the young boys face as he began to do some light stretching. After a few minutes, he decided to do as many push-ups as he physically could. He'd been doing them every day for about a month, as well as other calisthenics and aerobics, and was starting to see noticeable improvements in his physique and endurance. Thirty...forty...the sweat was pouring down his face, dripping on the turf below him. His arms were feeling like jelly, his shoulders quaking from the excursion. "Forty-eight...ugh....Forty-nine..." his words were barely audible as he collapsed against the ground, chest heaving against the cool grass.

He continued like this, watching the tryouts and working out in between so he'd be ready for next year's try-outs. Sit-ups, crunches, lunges, jumping jacks, he did them all while the others were practicing above him. He paused and looked up only to see one of the older boys take a great bludger to the ribs and Jack cringed at the sound it made. The dull thud followed by the wheezing woosh of air leaving his lunges left no mistake that it hurt.

Shaking off the giddy excitement he still had for next year, he began to run the perimeter of the pitch. He wasn't going for speed, just trying to build his endurance with distance running. He aimed for three laps, but knew that it would be out of his ability with how tired he was at the moment.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                OOC:
                                                                Feel free to yell at Jack and tell him to get suited up, since I totally wasn't aware that I could try out as a first year biggrin

Username: Mephis Inferni
                                                                Character's Name: James Rich
                                                                House: Slytherin
                                                                Year: First
                                                                Advanced Flying I: Not yet
                                                                Advanced Flying II: Not yet
                                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
                                                                Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Mean Swing, Hold the Line
                                                                First Choice Position: Beater
                                                                Second Choice Position: Keeper

Because they 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 with a gun
                                                                And keep an 𝔢𝑦𝔢 on you, son
                                                                So they can 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥 all the things you do

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:01 pm
She just wants to be, beautiful
She goes, unnoticed she knows, no limits
She craves, attention she praises, an image
She prays to be, sculpted by the sculptor
Oh, she don't see, the light that's shining
User Image
User Image

αɢє 12 | αםvєитυяєя | sℓчтнєяιи sєcσиם чєαя

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ She had been sure she had been close! Caty was trying not to be discouraged but it was getting sorta hard. With a soft sigh, she began trailing around the pitch looking for that ellusive snitch.ஐﻬ

AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 to Catch
Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ heart ] [ heart ] [ heart ] [ heart ]
Final Roll: ~

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deeper than the eyes can find it
Maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain, and cuddle woes away
Cause covergirls don't cry, after their face is made

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 pm
User Image
                                                    This is a black, black ski mask song
                                                    So put all of your anger on
                                                    In the truly gruesome do we trust
                                                    I will always land on you like a sucker punch

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ || Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Leon started swearing a blue streak as his bludger was redirected at him and he glared at the head girl, not particularly caring if she heard him or not. Like anyone could tell him to watch his mouth. He'd love to see them try. He went after another, deciding that he didn't care if he seemed like he was targeting another player or not. He lined up and took a swing, determined to nail Raymond this time.

Position: Team 2 Beater (Tristan, Kyson, Savannah)
                                                    AC: 14
                                                    Modifiers: Hitting Bludgers +2 (-1)
                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                    Lives: [✔] [✔] [✘]
                                                    Final Roll: 21 (Hit!)

════════════════════════

Thinking: Here I am. Can I hit something now?
                                                    OOC:

I’m just a problem that doesn’t want to be solved
                                                    So could you please hold your applause
                                                    Take this sideshow and all its freaks
                                                    And turn it into the silver screen dream

murruelecreuset

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:57 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Slytherin Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Mira felt a bludger hit her in the side. Pushing the pain off, she saw Leon going for Raymond. Heading to intercept, she hoped she could help her teammate. Trying to get between him and the bludger she swung. If she could land it she hoped to send it right back at Tristan

With: Fellow Slytherins...

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: Team 1 : Devonte, Raymond. Team 2 : Tristan, Leon, Kyson, Savannah
Saving Raymond - Aimed at Tristan - Total Roll: 8 Failed to save
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8+7 Hitting (-1 Injury), +8 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:01 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Second Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : Slytherin Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Raymond watched as their captain caught the quaffle. So much for scoring... Shaking it off he went after Savannah only to be slammed by a bludger. Looking he knew who the culprit was. Leon should be grateful this was the only time he was allowed to aim at him. Turning back to the matter at hand he tried to push past the pain and steal the quaffle back from Savannah.

Status: Why'd my mother talk me into this...?

OOC: Team 1 : Devonte, Mira. Team 2 : Tristan, Leon, Kyson, Savannah
                                                  Stealing from Savannah - 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: 8 Miss
                                                  AC: 12
                                                  Modifiers: +2+1 Shooting, +2 AC, +2+1 Catching (-1 Injury)
                                                  Special Skills: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:46 pm
User Image__________________________________________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Easily dodging a steal attempt, Savannah spurned her broom faster down the pitch. She glanced left, then right, trying to catch sight of her teammate, Kyson, and as soon as she caught his eye, she shouted out his name as she passed the quaffle along for him to race into the scoring zone. She wished the blond boy luck, and hoped no one intercepted the pass before he could take a shot.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
Chaser, Team Two
AC: 16
(2/3)

+2 experience
HP: ═ ═ ═ ═ 100%

Team One:
Mira
Devonte, Raymond

Team Two:
Tristan, Leon
Kyson, Savannah

The Shiny Furret

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
The Shiny Furret rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:05 am
User Image

User Image
                                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kyson was trying to ignore the pain in his side, almost positive that at least some of his ribs were cracked. He flew close to Savannah, who kept hold of the Quaffle while Raymond continued to try to steal it from her. As they approached the goals, however, his teammate shouted out his name and passed the ball to him. Kyson caught the Quaffle and shot forward, winding up for a toss before shooting the ball at the left goal.

Team Two Chaser
                                                              Nat. Flyer | Good Arm | Swift Swipe
                                                              AC: 14 | Mods: +4 -1 = +3
                                                              To the Goals: 3/3
                                                              Final Roll: 10 (wow)
                                                              | |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                              SLYTHERIN CHASER xxxxxxx
                                                              THIRD YEAR xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name. 'Cause I was only born inside my dreams.
                                                              Until you die for me, as long as there is a light, my shadow's over you. 'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia.
                                                              And you're a cherry blossom, you're about to bloom. You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon.
                                                              Some legends are told. Some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.
                                                              And just one mistake is all it will take. We'll go down in history, remember me for centuries.

{ooc: team 1 Mira, Devonte, Raymond : team 2 Tristan, Leon, Savannah, Kyson}

mc2

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:21 am
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
xxxx<7th Year>
Modifiers: (+8 Blocking Goals) (+8 Scoring) (+8 Stealing)
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Good Arm, Swift Swipe

Lives:

Roll: 4 (+8 Blocking Goals) (+8 Scoring) (+8 Stealing) = 12

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                            Benjamin was busy keeping up with the back and forth of the chasers and beaters, and honestly was impressed. He also was a bit grouchy he had put him on the field as keeper because they were actually working him. The horror! At least he'd get some good practice. Spotting a first year exercising on the side lines Benjamin was about to call to him when Kyson tried to score. First things first, Benjamin thought reaching out a hand to catch the quaffle.
                                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC:}
                                            Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:29 am
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
xxxx<7th Year>
Modifiers: (+8 Blocking Goals) (+8 Scoring) (+8 Stealing)
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Good Arm, Swift Swipe

Lives:

Roll: 4 (+8 Blocking Goals) (+8 Scoring) (+8 Stealing) = 12

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                            He barely caught the quaffle but caught it none the less. Holding onto it for a moment he called out to the first year, "Oye! Munchkin! You want try out? More fun than doing push ups and laps. Grab a broom from the bench and join Team 1 with Mira as beater!" He grinned and said, "Don't worry Princesa Mira will take care of you."

After addressing the first year, which he knew he'd need to look at his sign up form soon and figure out the kid's name because he couldn't call him munchkin forever, besides that was a name he'd rather use on Evander who was obviously self conscious about his height, he turned to the chasers and tossed the quaffle to Savannah and called out, "Savannah look sharp!"
                                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: @Memphis: Time line is after first years have had their first flying class for tryouts. If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me (or any of the crew) about it.}
                                            Mephis Inferni

Essy ze Ninja

Mephis Inferni rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:43 am
User Image
                                                                They're gonna 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫 𝔲𝔭 your looks
                                                                With all the 𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰 in the books
                                                                To make a 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫 out of you

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                Where? Quidditch Pitch
                                                                Who? Slytherin Quidditch Team and other hopefuls
                                                                Thoughts?IS THIS FOR REAL?

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

xxxJack froze in place hearing the words echo down from the goals, staring up in shock. 'G-grab a broom and play? No way...father always told me that first years couldn't play for the House teams...' He shook his head and took off at breakneck speeds for the spare brooms and mounted one. Just as he was about to kick off, he stopped and grabbed a bat. Hard to play Beater without a bat. "Let's do this."

Taking off into the sky, he was a bit shaky for a moment. The school's brooms were a lot different than his Nimbus back home, but he acclimated himself soon enough. Luckily he'd been watching long enough to determine who was on what team, but it wasn't easy since everyone was dressed so similarly for practice. But as luck would have it, he spotted a bludger coming right for him. He gave the hardest swing he could muster to slap the bludger away, towards the other team's Beater. He just hoped he'd hit it and hit Leon by proxy.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                OOC:

Thanks. I hope I'm not making a mistake by posting now, and I hope I'm not jumping out of line by posting this shot. Or how I've worded it. >.>

Diamond Wales

mc2

Roll = 9, +2 Mean Swing
                                                                Total roll = 11, missed Leon.

Team One, Beater
                                                                AC: 10
                                                                Special Skills: Mean Swing +2 to hit bludgers, Dang Healthy, Hold the Line +2 goal defense.
                                                                Life: | | | |

Because they 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 with a gun
                                                                And keep an 𝔢𝑦𝔢 on you, son
                                                                So they can 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥 all the things you do

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:23 am
User Image
                                                    This is a black, black ski mask song
                                                    So put all of your anger on
                                                    In the truly gruesome do we trust
                                                    I will always land on you like a sucker punch

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ || Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Leon nodded to himself, glad that he'd at least gotten a chance to hit Raymond. His side was smarting, but he didn't care. Instead, he looked around the pitch, deciding that he needed to try and see if he could take care of the head girl. She was giving as good as she got, and while the first year had tried to hit him, he missed. He lined up and swung, hoping that he could at least land a hit on Mira.

Position: Team 2 Beater (Tristan, Kyson, Savannah)
                                                    AC: 14
                                                    Modifiers: Hitting Bludgers +2 (-1)
                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
                                                    Lives: [✔] [✔] [✘]
                                                    Final Roll: 12 (Miss!)

════════════════════════

Thinking: Here I am. Can I hit something now?
                                                    OOC:

I’m just a problem that doesn’t want to be solved
                                                    So could you please hold your applause
                                                    Take this sideshow and all its freaks
                                                    And turn it into the silver screen dream

username

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 am
Raymond Ara Yuko
Second Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : Slytherin Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Raymond was glad the other team didn't score but he wasn't about missing the quaffle all together. Perhaps this wasn't his game... Than again his mother always said you shouldn't give up on something. Of course he was only playing for her. When the ball was passed to Savannah, Raymond went to get to ball back. This was redemption time. Swooping in for the steal on the older girl.

Status: Why'd my mother talk me into this...?

OOC: Team 1 : Devonte, Mira, James. Team 2 : Tristan, Leon, Kyson, Savannah
                                                  Stealing from Savannah - 0/3 to Goal - Total Roll: 6 Miss
                                                  AC: 12
                                                  Modifiers: +2+1 Shooting (-1 Injury), +2 AC, +2 Catching
                                                  Special Skills: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:58 am
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Slytherin Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Smiling at the first year as he joined the game, Mira was just grateful for the added help. Looking to Leon as he tried hitting her with a bludger, she wasn't going to be an easy target. Mira looked to Tristian before swinging her bat at the bludger. If she wanted to hit anyone it was the strongest beater on the team.

OOC: Team 1 : Devonte, Raymond. Team 2 : Tristan, Leon, Kyson, Savannah
Saving --- - Aimed at Tristan - Total Roll: and I hit myself... gonk
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8+7 Hitting (-1 Injury), +8 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:44 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

Finally, he breathed a slow sigh of relief, careful not to place too much pressure in his back from where that bludger had collided against him. He'd definitely feel that bruise in the morning, but for now, he was high on adrenaline as he raced around the field. Leon managed to take a shot on Raymond; so who was the next biggest target? He'd already aimed for Devonte and missed, maybe he ought to wait until the bloke's distracted with the quaffle. Instead, he lined up his shot for the newcomer on the field, a first year, from the looks of it, and swung his bat forward to try and take down James.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          Beater: Team Two
                                          AC: 17

+7 +6 to hitting
                                          HP: ═ ═ ═ 75%
                                          Saving: ----
                                          Aiming At: James hit! (unless blocked)

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Team One:
Mira
Devonte, Raymond

Team Two:
Tristan, Leon
Kyson, Savannah

Mephis Inferni

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:50 pm
User Image__________________________________________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Bullocks! Kyson missed, which meant they were still tied for zero. Well, at least the chasers were having a chance to reach the goals this year. Unlike before, when it was nothing but a game of "tag, you're it" with as many times as the quaffle could be stolen back and forth. This game seemed fairly straight forward, though she couldn't help but notice her brother's strange mannerisms. Something was off with him, but she couldn't dwell, not when Captain Kidd just called her out and tossed the ball her way. Raymond tried to intercept but was just a few seconds off. Savannah tucked the quaffle under her arm, swept back around to midfield and then advanced for the goal posts to try and score.

Chaser, Team Two
(1/3)

+2 experience
HP: ═ ═ ═ ═ 100%

Team One:
Mira
Devonte, Raymond

Team Two:
Tristan, Leon
Kyson, Savannah

Quote:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games