Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:58 pm
Get a cane. Start wailing. Practice karma.

I must admit I'm not sure it works quite like that, but it seems sound in theory, at least. Very satisfying in practice, though, definitely.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 pm
mute_coyote
Dragon_Witch_Woman
error[dot]exe
too2sweet
error[dot]exe

Well. There's one person to light on fire with my awesome invisible mind powers. Though I'd much rather punch them, if I were within their general vicinity.

Or, for irony's sake - beat them to a pulp with my cane. Who's lesser now?

Can I join you?

Absolutely.

We can get together an entire sea of angry cripples.

I can help with that.

Can people with psychological disorders join, too?

Considering that is one of my "disabilities", go for it.

TeaDidikai
Can I just beat them? On Principle?

Absolutely.  

error-dot-tar

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:58 pm
Maze
Get a cane. Start wailing. Practice karma.

I must admit I'm not sure it works quite like that, but it seems sound in theory, at least. Very satisfying in practice, though, definitely.

At the very least, the thought makes for good psychodrama therapy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 am
error[dot]exe
mute_coyote
Dragon_Witch_Woman
error[dot]exe
too2sweet

Can I join you?

Absolutely.

We can get together an entire sea of angry cripples.

I can help with that.

Can people with psychological disorders join, too?

Considering that is one of my "disabilities", go for it.

TeaDidikai
Can I just beat them? On Principle?

Absolutely.

That means my little sister and niece can also join in. On principle, the rest of my family....this person in in alot of trouble.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:07 am
From a member of the local CUUPs I spoke with this morning.

"[The god names used in their upcoming "Samhain" ritual] are as much the Lord and Lady [of Wicca] as they are God the Father of Heaven and Jesus- I'm sorry you can't see that for yourself. Maybe when you have done a bit more studying and listened to your heart you'll 'get it'. "  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:13 am
TeaDidikai

"[The god names used in their upcoming "Samhain" ritual] are as much the Lord and Lady [of Wicca] as they are God the Father of Heaven and Jesus- I'm sorry you can't see that for yourself. Maybe when you have done a bit more studying and listened to your heart you'll 'get it'. "

I hate blender theology.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:17 am
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai

I hate blender theology.
I hate condescending blender theology.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:25 am
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
TeaDidikai

I hate blender theology.
I hate condescending blender theology.

For the record, for those of you who aren't privvy to the IM conversations between myself and Tea, I intend on accosting them over this matter.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:48 am
TeaDidikai

. . .

Must... resist... urge to bang head on desk...

I need those braincells gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 am
TeaDidikai

Even more annoying than condescending blender theology is the whole, 'listen to your heart and learn the TRUTH than you cannot find in books but I am privvy to and you are not' attitude that is often inferred in these situations.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 am
patch99329
TeaDidikai

Even more annoying than condescending blender theology is the whole, 'listen to your heart and learn the TRUTH than you cannot find in books but I am privvy to and you are not' attitude that is often inferred in these situations.
That's pretty much the part I consider condescending.

I don't have a problem with UPG unto itself. I may think it's wrong- and my demonstrations of such will likely follow. But UPG has it's place.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:53 am
TeaDidikai
patch99329
TeaDidikai

I don't have a problem with UPG unto itself. I may think it's wrong- and my demonstrations of such will likely follow. But UPG has it's place.

Indeed.
I'm a big believer of checking and double checking UPG, and looking at it in context.

I get frustrated sometimes when have UPG that consists of people saying things that have words that almost sound like the names of gods in them.

'the {parking} meter' = OMGZ DEMETER IS TALKING TO ME.  

patch99329

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm
patch99329
TeaDidikai
patch99329
TeaDidikai

Indeed.
I'm a big believer of checking and double checking UPG, and looking at it in context.

I get frustrated sometimes when have UPG that consists of people saying things that have words that almost sound like the names of gods in them.

'the {parking} meter' = OMGZ DEMETER IS TALKING TO ME.

....I'm sorry, but that last example is just plain hilarious rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:51 pm
Citing anything of Lovecraft as being part of your religion.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:35 pm
Me, in email to the relevant reverant

Reverant

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is XXXXXXXXX, known to my friends as Wing, and I am a Sagart na nGael, or a "Priest of the Irish (land and people)". I was born, raised and have lived my whole life in Ireland. I am not part of a reconstructionist faith, as we (the Irish) do not believe our culture has ever died out. I am a revivalist, if titles are needed.

One of my congregation, who lives in the greater Olympia area, asked me to comment in an official capacity on the statement that one of your CUUP members addressed her with. "[The god names used in their upcoming "Samhain" ritual] are as much the Lord and Lady [of Wicca] as they are God the Father of Heaven and Jesus- I'm sorry you can't see that for yourself. Maybe when you have done a bit more studying and listened to your heart you'll 'get it'"

For one to assume that they are right and the other person is wrong is one thing. To speak down to them is another altogether. The first is acceptable. The second is not. It is Prideful and it is not something I can let go uncommented upon. The tenets of your own faith are being ignored in this blatant disrespecting of her right to dignity. "The inherent worth and dignity of every person" is cited as one of your principles. I am having trouble reconciling this with the behaviour of a member of your congregation.

Regards,
XXXXXXXXX "Wing" XXXXXXXXX

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games