Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:58 am
User ImageUser ImageTook your advice and did the opposite
Just being young and stupid
I haven't been all that you could've hoped for
But if you'd held on a little longer
You'd have had more reasons to be proud...

In Company of: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls
Wearing: Red Tanktop and Jeans
Let's see if I can break this apparent slump I'm in right now...

Veronica hovered in the air, not moving as she watched the chasers movements below unfold. Xavier was doing a good job of holding his own. He dodged Leo easily. Then again, Xavier was one of the older and more experienced chasers. And since Elli was only watching him that would make him the most skilled. Watching she realized calculating in the teammates from her side and the other side, that team one stacked in general better than team two. She was the weak link on her team, it was Toby who was the stronger out of the two of them, or at least as a beater.

As she considered her next move she caught the sight of a bludger nearby and smiled grimly: if she was the weak link that meant she just had to work harder. Taking advantage of the bludger, and deciding that Xavier was doing well handling himself against team 2's chasers and fast approaching the goals, her target would be Alex.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxQuidditch Statsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Team 1
Position: Beater
Aiming at: Alexandria Quimby-Scott (Alex)
Roll Total: 17 +2 +4 = 23 (HIT)

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Advance Flying II) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 flying (only counts towards AC), +4 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I), +1 Lives
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [O] [O] [O] [O]

Opponents hit: 02
Opponents missed: 02
Bludgers blocked: 00

Team 1 score: 10 pts
Team 2 score: 00 pts

So many questions
But I'm talking to myself
I know that you can't hear me any more
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye
But I know that you can't hear me any more...

kiska166

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:57 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch - Gryffindor Try-outs

Still no luck and he was getting even closer to scoring again. Leonette was beginning to think she would be a real sorry excuse for a Chaser if she didn't stop Xavier right here and now.Then again that might be thinking a bit to harshly after all he'd been playing longer then her right so it made sense that he'd be hard to swipe the quaffle away from.

With: Gryffindor team

Wearing: Try-outs outfit

OOC: Chaser Team Two (Bella, Danica, Toby, and Alex)
Movement: 0/3 - Attempting steal on Xavier
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, +1 experience played, +1 advanced flying I, -1 injury
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

10 - 0

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:45 pm
To the left, to the right
I can feel it all around
Out to get you and I
Out to try and break us down
They will come with the strength and the fire
And a numb beat of drums
And the song of the sirens in our ears
That will bring 'em all to tears, dear

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Fourth Year - Twin -
[feeling: slightly calmer] [thinking: I'm doing alright for once...] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Tryouts]

Toby was pleased with himself. He'd succeeded in hitting both Xavier and Tanya. He saw Ronna sending a bludger towards someone, he couldn't tell who, out of the corner of his eye, and already knew he wouldn't make it in time to block it. He turned his attention to a nearby bludger and tried to hit it at Celaena, the first year with those startlingly green eyes. He didn't hit it horribly hard, but he didn't really believe in coddling the first years, even if he felt a bit guilty when he aimed at them.

I want to be the kind of person that people will write songs about.

Position: Team Two Beater
AC: 16
Mods: +6 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

Yes, I will fight for you
You and me against the world is nothing new
Now and forever true
If you'll be mine then I will fight for you
So we stand back to back
And we smile as they come
'Cause they plan for attack
Knowing we've already won

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Finally, a hit... now let's see if I can save a first year.

Veronica smiled as she saw that Toby wasn't going to get to the bludger she hit in time to save Alex. It wasn't like she was taking delight in hitting Alex, after all, she never considered aiming something that should be influenced by anything but what was going on, on the field. Logic was what determined whom she aimed at and Alex had made sense at the time.

That was when she noticed Toby hit a bludger towards Celaena. She rushed forward hoping her luck held and she was able to save her teammate... after all she had failed to block bludgers from Toby twice already. If she made it in time she intended to redirect to Toby. After all, he was having an outstanding good performance right now and he had blocked one of her bludgers already. Maybe a hit would slow him down some...

Team 1
Attempting to Save for: Celaena Snow
Aiming at if she makes it in time: Tobias Walsh (Toby)
Roll Total: 1 +2 +4 = 7 (Natural 1, FAILURE to block for Celaena, thus, Toby cannot be hit, rolling to save so Ronna is in the safe zone)

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Advance Flying II) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 flying (only counts towards AC), +4 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I), +1 Lives

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

{OOC: Can we go for where low is good like golf? I think Ronna would do a lot better if that was the case with my rolling so far... sweatdrop }  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:37 pm
User Image

, ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena was waiting and following just incase the other team got the ball. But so far Xavier had kept the ball, in hands for a good while now. Awesome! But she wasn't expecting the whizz of something coming towards her. She turned just as a red ball hit her, and it hurt. Tears welled in her eyes as she got hit by her first bludger. What in the world is that and why would they have something like that in a game! She looked back to the teams, and they hadn't stopped. She pushed forwards through the throbbing in her side. She had to right?

Position: Team 1 Chaser?
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 Catch, -1 Injury
Special Skills: Great Catch, Natural flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ cat_blaugh ] [ cat_blaugh ] [ cat_blaugh ] [ cat_crying ]

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Poor kid... well, I guess she is inducted into the game of quidditch. Hell, you got to get your first hit sometime.

Veronica wanted to curse as she failed to reach the bludger in time to save the first year with the long blonde hair and bright green eyes. Though, she did feel that if you were going to play the game, you had to meet your first bludger hit eventually. Sooner the better, usually. Though, she was a bit relieved to note it didn't look like Toby put nearly as much force as he could have in hitting the bludger at the girl. Maybe Toby had the same theory as she did about bludger hits? If so, it meant it was unlikely that she would become a target again, unless she started to be a viable threat to the team 2's chasers.

"Sorry! Couldn't get to it in time!" Veronica called out to the girl with a wince, feeling guilty for not saving the girl. Then again, it was a good swing and saves weren't easy to manage even for the best of beaters on the top of their game. She glanced up to Toby and gave him a small smile, thankful he didn't hit it as hard as he could have.

Team 1
Aiming at: N/A
Roll Total: N/A +2 +4 = N/A

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm
User Image

David reached out and failed to grab the snitch as it darted out of his reach. Bringing his hand back to his broom to steady himself he mental cursed himself. He had to focus right now that all he knew. 'Show Elli what you're made of.' he thought as he reached out again. David was battling with himself to do better and he wouldn't stop until he was better the last year or the year before that.

Wearing: Quidditch Outfit

OOC:
19+ = spot, (3/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (2/2 attempts)
AC: 18
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +3 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:34 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Rosabella huffed when Xavier stole the quaffle back from her. The boy was a talented chaser. Not only did he manage to keep stealing the ball, but he also managed to avoid players and score. The twelve year old wasn't stupid; she knew he'd definitely be making the immediate team. That left one chaser position open, and five players fighting for it. This realization pushed the brunette to try harder. Sweat dripped down Bella's forehead, one hand clenched her broom, and the other swiped for the quaffle. Being this close to her team's goalposts made her somewhat nervous because if her team couldn't steal, Xavier would try to score.

Team: 2
Armour Class: +13
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +3) (shooting quaffle +3)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll: 14
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image  

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Next target. Let's see if I can actually hit her this time.

Veronica's eyes moved to follow Xavier's path towards the goals and saw Rosabella reach for the ball, while it was unlikely the girl would manage a steal from the much more experienced Xavier, it was possible. Hell, the first year had managed it. She swung her bat aiming towards Rosabella.

Team 1
Aiming at: Rosabella Winthrop
Roll Total: 4 +2 +4 = 10 (MISS)

Opponents missed: 03

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

kiska166

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:01 pm
User Image

Leonette shook her head. She’d failed to grab the quaffle. Watching Bella give it a go she failed to. They weren’t having any luck. “Alright you can do this Leo.” She told herself as she continued to chase Xavier down. Coming from under him Leonette hoped to manage a steal out of an almost sneak attack approach. Not that she was really sneaking.

Wearing: Try-outs outfit

OOC: Chaser Team Two (Bella, Danica, Toby, and Alex)
Movement: 0/3 - Attempting steal from Xavier
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, +1 experience played, +1 advanced flying I, -1 injury
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

10 - 0

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:06 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria had been too preoccupied with watching the chasers to realize that a bludger was headed her way. Xavier was right there, and he avoided all of the chasers on her team with ease, or so it seemed. Her chocolate brown eyes were locked on the boy as he inched closer and closer to the goalposts. Just as the thirteen year old had gotten into position - SMACK! - bludger crashed into the girl's thigh, causing a bruise to swell up underneath her beige pants. She shook it off as much as she could, as quickly as she could, and got back into position. Xavier seemed to be heading straight for her.

Team: 2
Armour Class: +14
Shots Blocked: 0
Shots Missed: 1
Modifiers: (blocking goals +6)
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter

You won't know anything unless you try
Might end up falling, but you just might fly
You know it's all about what you believe
And maybe something extra up your sleeve

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I won't be whining about what might've been
You know I'm not too big on giving in
I use whatever spell the law allows
That is of course, if I know how

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Seriously, Veronica? Focus!

Veronica's bit back the curses she wanted to say as she noticed the bludger spin away from Rosabella-it wasn't even what Veronica would have called close. Hell, the swing was so off, the bludger had almost hit her. Taking a deep breath trying to calm her irritation she watched in time to see Leo attempt to make a steal-hopefully a miss. However, it looked like the bludger that had made contact with Alex's thigh had at least made her lose focus for a moment. Even just a bruise from a bludger was distracting for the most resilient of players. Then again, Veronica didn't even have the excuse of a bludger hit, yet, and she was performing far below her usual standard, not that it totally mattered, she supposed. There were only her and Toby vying for beater and it was obvious even if Toby's playing skills was off he should be put on the main spot and her only as reserve, which, Ronna was more than happy with. It was logical and made sense. Unless, Elli did in the end decide that it was better to go without any reserve beaters than let Veronica on the team, which was a risky move on a tactical perspective when it came to future games.

Team 1
Aiming at: N/A
Roll Total: N/A +2 +4 = N/A

Opponents missed: 03

So many questions
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:21 pm
User Image

David wrapped his hand around the snitch. Blinking a few times as he came to a stop he looked at the golden ball in his hand. He’d done it, he hadn’t done it for a while but he pulled it off. David shook the feeling off although overly happy with his success and looked at the field. He noticed Shayna’s cousin get hit and felt bad for the young lion. Then he noticed his cousin fighting for the quaffle against his best pal and then Eun. Although late the seventh year was now here.

Flying down to the ground David landed next to Eun and Elli. “Hey Eun nice of you to show. I was hoping you’d make it.” He said with a smile. “So Elli I caught the snitch why don’t we give Eun a chance and see how things play out.” David said. Not that it was his decision but he didn’t want the position handed to him. Maybe he did when he was in first year but not anymore.

With: Gryffindor team... Elli, Eun

Wearing: Quidditch Outfit

OOC:
19+ = spot, (3/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (2/2 attempts)
AC: 18
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +3 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger

Sir Spazalots
XxXDevil-Chan

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:27 pm
[]User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Gryffindor |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Despite all that was taking place around and above her, Dani was able to get the gist of what was happening, and what she needed to do.The older boy she saw earlier was lining up another drive on the goals, and she knew she needed to make the effort to block the shot, or perhaps grab the ball away from him again.

A flash of inspiration struck her like a Bludger (and she really glad one of her teammates blocked one of those nasty snarling things from getting to her) to the head; she nosed her broomstick over into a power dive, and crouched low over it to minimize the amount of drag she caused by being on it. 'Nobody's going to respect you if you don't try something,' she thought.

As she gathered speed, she waited until she was quite low to the ground before leaning back, pulling out of the dive before colliding. Almost immediately she pulled up into a zoom climb, and leaned into a climbing turn to the right while almost inverted over the pitch. She aimed her broom toward the older boy (not with intent to collide, of course) as he closed with the goals. As the distance between them shrank to almost nothing, she reached out to try snagging the Quaffle from his clutches as she zipped past him.

Action: Attempting to steal Quaffle after insanely cool piloting stuff seen in a 'Star Wars' film

Armour Class: 12
                                                                    Skill Modifiers: +2 to Stealing Quaffle, +2 to Shooting the Quaffle
                                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                                    Effect Value: 13

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[][/]  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:29 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXX⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya had been elated when she stole back the quaffle only to grown when it was taken right back, then to get happy again when Xavier successfully stole and shot. She unfortunately didn't get the chance to see if he made it before she as pelted with a bludger. "Son of a hippogryff's a**!" she swore and wheezed and she checked to make sure her ribs weren't broken. When she was sure she flew off in pursuit of the quaffle flying near Leo to make sure she didn't get the chance to steal before they could take another shot.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•
Position: Chaser
Modifiers: +1 for Experience, +1 for AF, +2 for Swift Swipe
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [Final Roll: ~

WearingWhere: Quidditch Pitch With: Team Thinking: Damn damn damn damn damn!OOC

This could be para- para- paradise
Para- para- paradise
This could be para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games