Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightArticuno

10,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:31 am
Mirri Night
If I did most of the stuff in here to my band director (of the stuff that we don't already do, anyway xd ), he'd kill me. gonk

How do your directors respond to all these things? eek

Well, last time we pushed too many buttons, he threw the pencil he was directing with all the way across the room, it bounced off the floor about two feet, and then landed again, breaking after it landed. And he yelled a lot. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:15 pm
MidnightArticuno
Mirri Night
If I did most of the stuff in here to my band director (of the stuff that we don't already do, anyway xd ), he'd kill me. gonk

Well, last time we pushed too many buttons, he threw the pencil he was directing with all the way across the room, it bounced off the floor about two feet, and then landed again, breaking after it landed. And he yelled a lot. sweatdrop

a few years ago my band director threw a stand across the room into the percussion section eek  

drspoon

MidnightArticuno

10,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:17 am
drspoon
MidnightArticuno
Mirri Night

a few years ago my band director threw a stand across the room into the percussion section eek

Yeah, that's why we keep the heavy objects away from the directing podium. He almost took out one of the alto sax's eyes with the pencil...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:56 am
write words on his bald patch with suncream  

Manji_killer of n00bs

MidnightArticuno

10,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:13 pm
Soryu_manji

XD!!!! Your BD's going bald too!!! Ours just wears a baseball cap all the time, no sunscreen...

Here's another: Sneak into his room at night at band camp and attempt to trash his room.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:15 pm
Call him at home at two in the morning asking how measure 43 goes. Mine would LOVE that. ((Sarcasm))  

Fermata

Chip the Mule Account

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:37 pm
Keep asking him what time practice ends.

Ask him if he can tune this note, and then this note and this other one while he's at it.

Come up with a 'cute' little nickname for him. Ours is 'Captain Funspoiler'. We made him a sign and it's in his office. ^^

Play the Simpsons theme song for the warm up period during a contest.

Something that will really annoy him... Don't practice. Stuff like that...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:37 pm
Try to leave on a Friday without your instrument. Mine always yells a lot when you do that! ^.^  

Fermata

Mirri Night

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:45 pm
drspoon
MidnightArticuno
Mirri Night

eek Holy crap. Anyone hurt? (more importantly, any equipment hurt? xd sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:47 pm
MidnightArticuno
Soryu_manji

XD!!!! Your BD's going bald too!!! Ours just wears a baseball cap all the time, no sunscreen...

Here's another: Sneak into his room at night at band camp and attempt to trash his room.

I'm going to phone my director's hotel room at three AM when we go on our trip this year.

Ought to illicit an entertaining responce. (That, and she'll blame another kid who did something similar last year.)  

Jazztast!c

KitoYasha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:15 am
In our band the front row goes flutes, oboe, clarinets. I sit right by the oboe and when he's under a lot of stress I poke his knee repeatedly. It's amusing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:05 pm
...Find out his cellphone...during Band Camp, or whenever he pisses you off (preferably when you're on the field during band camp), call his cellphone. Make SURE he doesn't know you're number, we happened learned by this means that he has a "Play that funky music" ringtone....So periodicly my friend would call our Director while he was yelling at us from atop of his "tower" (basicly a giant scalpold, 20 or so feet high), and we would laugh as he pulls out his cell phone and checks who it is, then he'd answer and my friend would hang up. He did this so many times my director finaly picked up the phone from his pocket clip and threw it down 20 feet onto the ground in front of the tower, everyone started rolling and we had to take a break becuase no one could do anything becuase they were laughing so hard.

...Better yet, correct him on EVERYTHING he says, when he says start on measure 33, say Do you mean the pickup in 32? or if he says
play you're "G" at measure 116, answer him saying "Sir it's not a G, its an A. I'll guarante you'll see some worthwhile results.  

ForsakenShadow

The Gecky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:24 pm
We had someone get up in the middle of a piece (practice), walk up to our BD, take her directing, stick for lack of a better word, and put a cowboy happy face ball on it. He just went and sat down after that. BD looked like she was going to pass out or something...

If your music covers more than one page, mix and match the second page. I did this once by accident and our BD started flipping out.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:28 am
dont know bout your teach but ours is slef concese bout his eye brows and we always pait big ones on each other  

garebare

Ashitaka Youkai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:06 am
At a concert, if you sit in front, hang a row of signs on the stands that say "Death to Sousa" all along the row. Ah, it's great fun. biggrin It was more of a "funny!" then an annoyance.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff