Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Nuri's Q&A topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 am
I don't think you're going to find what you are wanting in Hellenic beliefs at all. Truth be told, your might want to be looking at Goddess-worship or Dianic witchcraft, possibly a group like Reclaiming.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:39 pm
maenad nuri
I don't think you're going to find what you are wanting in Hellenic beliefs at all. Truth be told, your might want to be looking at Goddess-worship or Dianic witchcraft, possibly a group like Reclaiming.

I did a little bit of reading on Dianic Witchcraft and it started getting called Dianic Wicca around the middle of the page and Im like "wth?" because now I'm wondering if it or the other mentioned ones are oathbound.
Sorry to be a bother but, do you know of any good and informative links about these? I often find sites and read a ton, then find another and it will contradict the last ^^; Me, not knowing much about any of these really, will probably read the wrong things (yet again!). Uhm, thank you by the way ^-^
You're very polite :3  

Alice Morbid

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:50 am
Hey, was it ever recorded as to what happens when a god (Hellenic) breaks their oath on the river Styx? All I ever read is that one god or other promises on the River Styx and then they go do whatever it is they swore. But what if they didn't?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 pm
Just letting you guys know I'm not ignoring your questions. I got caught up in my studying, and took a light day today. I've got answering PM's and posts on my to-do for after work tomorrow.  

maenad nuri
Captain

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:42 pm
Chaos Blue
Hey, was it ever recorded as to what happens when a god (Hellenic) breaks their oath on the river Styx? All I ever read is that one god or other promises on the River Styx and then they go do whatever it is they swore. But what if they didn't?

I certainly can't think of any incidences that that oath has been broken, though there are a few where I'm sure the god in question wishes he'd never taken it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Chaos Blue

I certainly can't think of any incidences that that oath has been broken, though there are a few where I'm sure the god in question wishes he'd never taken it.

That's pretty much the conclusion I'm coming up with too.  

maenad nuri
Captain

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:03 pm
Succubus Sovereign
maenad nuri

I did a little bit of reading on Dianic Witchcraft and it started getting called Dianic Wicca around the middle of the page and Im like "wth?" because now I'm wondering if it or the other mentioned ones are oathbound.
Sorry to be a bother but, do you know of any good and informative links about these? I often find sites and read a ton, then find another and it will contradict the last ^^; Me, not knowing much about any of these really, will probably read the wrong things (yet again!). Uhm, thank you by the way ^-^
You're very polite :3

To be honest, my research into them ended a few years ago because I didn't care for it then. Reclaiming is the closest thing I'll work with.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:19 pm
I'd like to study Greek religion, could you please direct me towards some genuine websites and/or books to look at? I don't want to be lead astray by some of the idiots out there. smile

Cold Shower

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:58 pm
Nuri...Guys...? I JUST remembered this-
I'm not sure what to make of it, but...I had a dream the other night, which is vague now, but...

I was moved into my dorm at the college I told you about earlier, and I can remember getting a purple bottle of wine in the mail The label simply had a bunch of purple grapes on it. It was just...There in the mailbox. There was a letter affixed to it... said that there was supposed to be two bottles but there was only one. I drank the whole first bottle that I got, and it tasted like. well. Wine. But sweeter? Then two girls who I would presume to be my roommates came into the room and was telling me something although I'm not sure what it is that they said.

Dionysus???
Since when? I'm just wondering what you guys would make of it, since, I've never gotten any signs from him before that night.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:31 pm
Cold Shower
I'd like to study Greek religion, could you please direct me towards some genuine websites and/or books to look at? I don't want to be lead astray by some of the idiots out there. smile

There's a number of books and websites in this topic to help smile  

maenad nuri
Captain

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 pm
Chaos Blue
Nuri...Guys...? I JUST remembered this-
I'm not sure what to make of it, but...I had a dream the other night, which is vague now, but...

I was moved into my dorm at the college I told you about earlier, and I can remember getting a purple bottle of wine in the mail The label simply had a bunch of purple grapes on it. It was just...There in the mailbox. There was a letter affixed to it... said that there was supposed to be two bottles but there was only one. I drank the whole first bottle that I got, and it tasted like. well. Wine. But sweeter? Then two girls who I would presume to be my roommates came into the room and was telling me something although I'm not sure what it is that they said.

Dionysus???
Since when? I'm just wondering what you guys would make of it, since, I've never gotten any signs from him before that night.

Oh baby, you ain't seen nothing yet. Make an offering, see what happens.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 pm
Thanks for the advice.
I'm going to buy some grapes next chance I get. Since I'm not old enough to buy wine juuust yet.
smile  

Chaos Blue

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:26 pm
Speaking of offerings,

I'm stuck trying to figure this out. sweatdrop

How would I present an offering to a god like Dionysus?

I've been honouring him by learning to trance dance and drawing pictures to place on the alter I made for him as well as other things on the daily basis now. But everytime I try to offer him something, I feel like I'm pretty much just holding a glass of water to the air and saying, "This is for you." and leaving it on the alter.

Any way or ritual I can present my offerings to him in a way he'll enjoy it?

And what do I do with the offerings after wards that could spoil or rot like plants or food? I have a tree covered in Ivy at the trunk next to my house, can I leave it under that? Or do I have to burn it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 am
Namikikyo
Speaking of offerings,

I've been honouring him by learning to trance dance and drawing pictures to place on the alter I made for him as well as other things on the daily basis now. But everytime I try to offer him something, I feel like I'm pretty much just holding a glass of water to the air and saying, "This is for you." and leaving it on the alter. Any way or ritual I can present my offerings to him in a way he'll enjoy it?

That's pretty much what I do. I might say a prayer, or sit back for a few minutes listening to music I put on, following a ritual format of my own devising.

Make it something that you can do, and that you feel comfortable with that works. Then keep doing it.

Quote:

And what do I do with the offerings after wards that could spoil or rot like plants or food? I have a tree covered in Ivy at the trunk next to my house, can I leave it under that? Or do I have to burn it?

That's a perfect place!

I actually let wine evaporate or pour it into the ground, and most of the food I offer never really gets moldy. I have no idea why!

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I actually did forget this was waiting for me to answer. I really apologize.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:14 pm
maenad nuri
Namikikyo
Speaking of offerings,

I've been honouring him by learning to trance dance and drawing pictures to place on the alter I made for him as well as other things on the daily basis now. But everytime I try to offer him something, I feel like I'm pretty much just holding a glass of water to the air and saying, "This is for you." and leaving it on the alter. Any way or ritual I can present my offerings to him in a way he'll enjoy it?

That's pretty much what I do. I might say a prayer, or sit back for a few minutes listening to music I put on, following a ritual format of my own devising.

Make it something that you can do, and that you feel comfortable with that works. Then keep doing it.

Quote:

That's a perfect place!

I actually let wine evaporate or pour it into the ground, and most of the food I offer never really gets moldy. I have no idea why!

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I actually did forget this was waiting for me to answer. I really apologize.

Oh thank you! I really just assumed you where busy. :3

Though, I do have another question. Sorry.

I have been planning on making a blood offering or sacrifice, and since I'm diabetic I have easy access to sterile needles and finger prickers.

Would Dionysos accept something like that? And if so, Is there anything I should worry or take into consideration about? Is there a certian way I should do it?

PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff