Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Off- Topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:23 am
Lunar_Blade
Graphiti Skies
Lunar_Blade
Graphiti Skies
Lunar_Blade
I'm in a state of limbo...nearly finished Hp... i dont wanna read the last 30 odd pages... im sad... But I won't cry as you all know I have issues with crying. Instead I just hover in weird-ness.

love the name...

*glomp* It'll be ok Luny... just think of all the good Draco/Harry slashy goodness that can come from this book!

*laughs* Draco/Harry was my first ever slash story, before I actually knew what slash meant -.-

XD! Seriously?! Draco/Harry was the first ever fanfic I ever read. This is before I understood what a 'lemon' was and what the words 'smut' and 'slash' meant. XD I understand where you're coming from.

*still doesn't know what lemon means*
God Im a failure

XD You are not. And I think it's similar to smut... I think. Least that's what I've noticed it is. I've no knowledge of the actual definition.

And I know this is going out on a limb here, but does anyone elses internal voice take on an English accent after reading the books or too much fanfiction? XD Mine did.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:28 am
After I watch the movies I often do. It's weird, then my mum yells at me and tells me to talk properly. stare  

Lunar_Blade

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:50 am
*slips back in quietly* All the time, and then I start talking and my mom shakes her head and tells me I'm weird. Especially considering it doesn't take much for me, I can watch maybe 20 minutes of that one movie--Sweet Home Alabama, and I'll be stuck with this deep southern accent for awhile. Heh, it was really funny when I got back from Australia, I had an accent for 2 weeks before my mom finally smacked me and told me that she didn't care how I did it, I just had to find a way to stop--every now and then I can feel it flipping though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:18 am
hanyou-kagome
*slips back in quietly* All the time, and then I start talking and my mom shakes her head and tells me I'm weird. Especially considering it doesn't take much for me, I can watch maybe 20 minutes of that one movie--Sweet Home Alabama, and I'll be stuck with this deep southern accent for awhile. Heh, it was really funny when I got back from Australia, I had an accent for 2 weeks before my mom finally smacked me and told me that she didn't care how I did it, I just had to find a way to stop--every now and then I can feel it flipping though... sweatdrop

I wish i was special and had an accent. I don't even think I have one....  

Lunar_Blade

Narcotic Cupcake

Fashionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:24 am
Lunar_Blade
hanyou-kagome

Oo Everyone has an accent....It just probably doesn't seem like it because you're around other people who talk similar to you ._.;; If that makes sense oO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:27 am
Trinity_Despair
Lunar_Blade
hanyou-kagome

Oo Everyone has an accent....It just probably doesn't seem like it because you're around other people who talk similar to you ._.;; If that makes sense oO

Yeah I suppose. My parents are British and my dad has a really weird accent, it's britich only deeper and weirder. I like is Australia as most of you know *Look at HK)  

Lunar_Blade

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:26 am
Lunar_Blade
Trinity_Despair
Lunar_Blade
hanyou-kagome

Yeah I suppose. My parents are British and my dad has a really weird accent, it's britich only deeper and weirder. I like is Australia as most of you know *Look at HK)

*grins stupidly* Actually, I'm going to share a story about one draw back of your Accent.

Our tour guide was from Victoria, real sweet, her birthday was a few days ago, every one loved her to pieces. Well, we were in QL actually Hervey Bay (if you've heard of it, great, otherwise, oh well) and we had our "homestay" where we break off into pairs and go live with these families. Well all of these families are part of one organization, the Net Ball Association.

So Mel--our lovely guide--was telling us about it on the bus. She was telling us about what Net Ball is and how the families are apart of the Association--draw back: with her accent it sounded to us as if she was saying n****e. Needless to say, we're all teenagers, all in highschool, so half of us are going "That's not right, what is it?" and the other half is trying desperatly not to laugh--and most were failing. She finally stopped and asked us what was wrong, we were like "What is it called?" and she goes "Net...Ball...Association" and we all go "OH! NET Ball! We thought--nevermind" but she made us tell her, and for the rest of the trip (because this was near the beginning) whenever we went anywhere it was "So, Mel, any Net Ball matches on TV that we can watch?" And she'd glare at us while turning bright red.

But yeah the Australian Accent rocks otherwise (I'm sure you've got one Luny, do you honestly listen for an accent when you talk?). Anybody wishing to go needs to keep their ears open, and don't flip out about Kangaroos because really, we saw so many of them, they're not that big of a deal. And in case anybody wants to know (My friend did) yes the boys are hotter, and the accent makes them better xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:13 pm
I would kill for a British accent...  

The Whirlwind Lancer

Lord Invidia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:00 pm
Hey guys, would any of you mind voting for me in this avi contest? : http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=9053438#441512164 Trying to save up for a robo puppy or a demonic pitchfork. Just one vote would be greatly appreciated biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:53 pm
All of the sudden, I am seeing different syles of animated Harry potter criteria. I see anime, chibi, even Powerpuff girls animation stylings. Where do you find these pics?  

The Whirlwind Lancer

Nika Hesse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:57 pm
LE0NARD
I would kill for a British accent...

I would, too if I were a guy. British accents rock. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:34 am
I sometimes find myself speaking with a slight British accent when saying things that remind me of Harry Potter. That means that it happens every other sentence.

And I truly feel like a total dork because of it.

Australian and Scottish accents are my favorite, followed by Asian and French. Then German and African. Heh. Go Luny and her Aussie-ness! GO MATES AND WOTCHERS!

=D Wotcher... hehe. Still funny.

=) Sure, I'll vote for you. =D

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:55 am
I don't really listen for an accent... I just talk. I probably do have an accent to you guys but everyone here is kinda the same.
As for kangaroos, really cute and sweet, but effing deadly. They CAN kill you if you piss them off. They basically just kick you with their feet and then when your down they stomp on you if they are threatened. So yeah kids, don't piss off kangaroos.

As for other animals, snakes and stuff are common, just don't scare them but everyone knows the rules to it... It's like first grade common knowledge. Yeah, we have to learn how to patch ourselves up at school incase because their was a bush near out school and two snakes snuck into the French room once >.< happy days.

Oh and yeah, there are a lot of spiders this season... Christ their annoying. Like, in our house we keep all the Daddy-Long-Legs spiders because they kill all the mosquitos and silverfish and things, you just have to kill the red-backs (Or black-widows..what ever you guys call em) and white-tails ( You do NOT wanna get bitten by them...your flesh just starts rotting and going gross... not nice at all)

As for Aussie-ness, there are some cute boys, but not the ones my age, i dunno about the accents cos its normal here... I love scottish-ness and british-ness...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:07 pm
It's Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, so I was watching some shark documentary thing. And they where near Seal Island off the coast of South Africa. It's well known for it's Great Whites that jump out of the water.

They're like freakin' Shamu! whee

That isn't the point of this post, though. The scientists found this huge-a** whale carcass and dragged it out to sea, and about a kajillion sharks started to rip it apart. :O Well, okay, it was about 2 dozen, but the expert-man went and sat on the dead carcass while the sharks ate it. neutral

Dumbass.

That still isn't the point. >_>;;;

The scientists said that no one had ever witness Great White Shark sex, but they figured that when there was a large amount of food (i.e. a whale body) to eat that that's when it happened. They figured this because, after the shark's bellies were getting full, the males started to look exceptionally...happy, and

OMG. I SAW SHARK PENOR. gonk

...That's it. rofl  

EmmaRaikou

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:41 pm
Emma...I would like you to know, I had an extremely bad day today. So I was reading your post not even thinking about it, not taking it in, stewing in my anger when I see this:

Quote:
OMG. I SAW SHARK PENOR. gonk

...That's it. rofl

All I can say is...Thank you, you made my day ten times better, I just kind of sat there, blinked and then burst out laughing so hard I started to cry. My family thinks I've officially gone insane now, but it doesn't matter, because now I'm in a much better mood. Thank you!  
Off Topic Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games