Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Runic Corner Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:37 am
Deoridhe

Isa is all but inevitable.

I consider this philosophically significant. Almost all changes require a degree of ...immobility. Of stasis.
I've seen folks "cap" them, turning them into Thorshammers.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:16 am
Which is the rune that looks like a backwards, stretched out z?

The line goes, diagonally down, then up twice the precvious length, then diagonally down, if drawn left to right.  

Gho the Girl

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:26 am
Gho the Girl

The line goes, diagonally down, then up twice the precvious length, then diagonally down, if drawn left to right.

I believe it is Sowilo. At least, that is what my HP fanfiction taught me. >.<

EDIT: Up twice the previous length? I think I might be thinking of a different rune.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Isa is all but inevitable.

I consider this philosophically significant. Almost all changes require a degree of ...immobility. Of stasis.
I've seen folks "cap" them, turning them into Thorshammers.

Which still has isa. Technically, a Thorshammer is two, perpendicular isas. XD

There are some people who wouldn't see wyrd if it shat on their head! wink

Gho the Girl

Go here: http://www.ipagan.org/shadows/runes/300px-Old_Futhark_Runic_alphabet.png

Which?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 pm
Deoridhe

Damn. I almost wasted good tea snorting after I read that and thought of the local Thorsgodhi.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Damn. I almost wasted good tea snorting after I read that and thought of the local Thorsgodhi.

*snickers* Some of the humor is that it's true!

But, then, Thorsgodhi and I tend to not get along without some mutual gritting teeth. I once grievously offended one by jokingly advocating removing free speech (delete button on the internet) that he KNEW was a joke and impossible. Weirdo.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 pm
Deoridhe

Did you ever get to meet him? I can't remember if he was at the shop when I popped the ReCon folks by.

Quote:
I once grievously offended one by jokingly advocating removing free speech (delete button on the internet) that he KNEW was a joke and impossible. Weirdo.
A good laxative would likely have made him feel better.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Did you ever get to meet him? I can't remember if he was at the shop when I popped the ReCon folks by.

I don't believe I did.

TeaDidikai
A good laxative would likely have made him feel better.

Heh. I mostly just stared while he grew increasingly irate and then cut all contact with me. There was also something about me losing honor, or something. I'm like, dude, I'm closest to Odin and Loki. Historically the former means I'm untrustworthy, and in modern times the latter does, so far as popular opinion often goes. How much damage can you DO? Really?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:22 pm
Deoridhe

I don't believe I did.
I can't recall if I would consider that a good thing or not. If nothing else, it might have amused/impressed you to see what kind of person is responsible for me living into adulthood in contrast to how sane I am.

Quote:

Heh. I mostly just stared while he grew increasingly irate and then cut all contact with me. There was also something about me losing honor, or something. I'm like, dude, I'm closest to Odin and Loki. Historically the former means I'm untrustworthy, and in modern times the latter does, so far as popular opinion often goes. How much damage can you DO? Really?
~snerk~ I trust you. I trust you to be you. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
I don't believe I did.

I can't recall if I would consider that a good thing or not. If nothing else, it might have amused/impressed you to see what kind of person is responsible for me living into adulthood in contrast to how sane I am.

I have to admit, the description has appeal.

My last time EVER being "good" because someone is associated with a friend/relative was the guy who asked me what would make me happy and then took my response of "A thousand bucks and a pony" (leaving off the "and a b*****b" was the being good part) seriously.

But you knew that already. xd  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:07 am
Deoridhe

I have to admit, the description has appeal.
He's... hard to explain. I think the best way to sum it up is his presence is a lot like that of some of the M&R regs... except he's wrong, a lot. His memory is shot, and he has forgotten what a quality source looks like. Impressive to listen to- but not a lot of substance.

And he's a Thorsgodhi who is really into the revisionist Love! Honor! Mead! kind of Asatru, and as a result, I spend a lot of time rolling my eyes and pointing out how half the time he isn't maintaining his own standards.

Quote:
My last time EVER being "good" because someone is associated with a friend/relative was the guy who asked me what would make me happy and then took my response of "A thousand bucks and a pony" (leaving off the "and a b*****b" was the being good part) seriously.

You should have included the BJ. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 am
TeaDidikai
And he's a Thorsgodhi who is really into the revisionist Love! Honor! Mead! kind of Asatru, and as a result, I spend a lot of time rolling my eyes and pointing out how half the time he isn't maintaining his own standards.

*snickers*

TeaDidikai
Quote:

You should have included the BJ. wink

Hence that being the last time I will ever be good.

He tried to very earnestly explain to me why money wasn't everything while I looked at him like he'd turned green and puce. We did not get on.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:59 am
Deoridhe

Hence that being the last time I will ever be good.

He tried to very earnestly explain to me why money wasn't everything while I looked at him like he'd turned green and puce. We did not get on.
~snerk~ Why is it that most folks you meet who say this usually have plenty of money?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:54 pm
Gho the Girl

Could it be Sowulo (S)?

http://i33.tinypic.com/8vyq2t.jpg

Or Eihwaz(E)?

http://i38.tinypic.com/65u7ur.jpg  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:08 pm
Aakosir
Gho the Girl

Could it be Sowulo (S)?

http://i33.tinypic.com/8vyq2t.jpg
That's my bet.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out