Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BloodyDarkness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:56 pm
Im New here...but i do have in put...my parents are Over protective and i hate it but they dont say anything as long as i am the one who buy's all my gothy lookin clothes..my mom tries to buy preppy s**t for me but i just tuck it away in a corner, my dad..well i dont see him that often so he really dont care what i wear but he also try's pushing off the whole preppy image on to me and i hate it...the only problem they have is the makeup i like to wear a lot of black eyeliner and black lipstick, n white powder crap but my mom says i look like a racoon..i think shes crazy n i dont really listen to her i just take my makeup n go to school and put it on there, im usualy very rule abiding but make up is onething not a lot of ppl have seen me without  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:19 pm
Well hmm, I am not a stereo-typical goth...I mean...*to hard to explain* my mother calls me closet goth so they really don't care....IDK how they'd react if I dressed completely in 100% black clothes and wore make-up...  

Shikogra Tsumeato

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:21 pm
Shikogra Tsumeato
Well hmm, I am not a stereo-typical goth...I mean...*to hard to explain* my mother calls me closet goth so they really don't care....IDK how they'd react if I dressed completely in 100% black clothes and wore make-up...

*Waves* hello and welcome to the guild. ^_^

Actually a good amount of the people here either can't or don't "dress the part" 24/7. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:23 pm
lurichan
Shikogra Tsumeato

Actually a good amount of the people here either can't or don't "dress the part" 24/7. ^_^
i suppose that statistically makes sense....hi...where did you see my post that made you wanna invite me to this guild.....just outa curiousity..?  

Shikogra Tsumeato

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:26 pm
Shikogra Tsumeato
lurichan
Shikogra Tsumeato

i suppose that statistically makes sense....hi...where did you see my post that made you wanna invite me to this guild.....just outa curiousity..?

I believe it was in a chatterbox thread actually. ^_^ I usually end up in a lot of bar/club threads looking for people who might enjoy this place.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:27 pm
lurichan
Shikogra Tsumeato
lurichan
Shikogra Tsumeato

I believe it was in a chatterbox thread actually. ^_^ I usually end up in a lot of bar/club threads looking for people who might enjoy this place.

hummm....what was the post.......or do you recall..?  

Shikogra Tsumeato

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:30 pm
Shikogra Tsumeato

Sadly, I've been skipping around a bit, so I'm not sure where I was tonight.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:30 pm
lurichan
Shikogra Tsumeato

its ok...i was just curious any how.....so hows life..?  

Shikogra Tsumeato

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm
Shikogra Tsumeato
lurichan
Shikogra Tsumeato

its ok...i was just curious any how.....so hows life..?

Well, in here there is some coversation going on at the Raven Night Club if you would care to join us in there. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:34 pm
sounds like fun ill be there in a jiff whee  

Shikogra Tsumeato

Endless Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:54 am
Parents?
well, my parents have mostly been supportiv, my dad is kind of afraid of me beeing
gay because of my long hair and black nail polish..
but else, they bought me half of my cd collection, hehehe..
I don't get this, "oh my parents doesn't let me out after dark and don't give me enough money" stuff.. but yes i realise most people have had a crappy chlidhood, most of us does.. drug abuse, beating, backstabbing friends, death sorrounds us all..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:06 pm
My dad was a bit skeptical but ultimately figured if that is how I wanted to be then it was alright.  

Lil Juggla

Distrustful Prophet

15,825 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:08 pm
My parents dont really know that im gothic...they do know however that i am wiccan. They dont like it but they accept it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:46 pm
i try not to show it when my parents are around. but what is funny is they dont relize what im doing or what im listening to  

trigrhapy

crown_of_thorns

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:15 pm
I'm not even all that gothic, but my parents don't like whatever it is I am. They think my dressing in black and hanging out with wiccans with lip piercings and wanting to dye my hair and get my cartilage pierced and liking music with screaming in it is a phase, and they hope that I'll grow out of it soon. Well isn't that just too bad for them, becase I intend to be like this forever. It's how I am and they have no control over that, no matter how much they may try to stifle me.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff