Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Why do asian parents have their children take piano?? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play piano?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Two PM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:36 pm
piano is okay. it's kinda fun to play, but if you play every damn day since you were four, it gets quite irritating.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:00 am
I take piano lessons too. My dad asked me whether i wanted to so, I said yes. I think i took piano lessons at age 6 or 7. Not sure. LOL!  

niishi91

azngrl1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:32 pm
well im asian, but i dont play piano, but a lot of my friends do and they are japanese... hmm...... lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:30 pm
i dont play piano and im viet =] my mom says that if you can sing, dance, or play an instrument then when your sad you can keep yourself busy or even make your troubles go away =] i wanna learn to play the piano tho =D  

[Fir3_F0x]

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

soyXsauce

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:31 pm
i played the flute in 6th grade, i wasn't much into it after that year. but my lil sis plays the piano, and i know a lot of asians that do too. i remember the lil asian pianist on America's Got Talent. azn representin!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:09 am
[.day.dreamer.]
I`m asian, and I`ve started piano since I was six years of age. When I had those recitals, most of the performers were asian. Especially this year, when I my score was distinction, most of them were asians??

I`ve always thought this weird .. what do you thinkk??

Its not just the asains...european parents do it too! I am not good with learning intriments but in secondry I learned how to pay a keyboard/piano to some extent...but i don't get tutored the piano every one night a week...  

henred5

Nori Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:13 am
I don't play the piano... but then again, I'm only half... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:25 am
the piano thing must be asian...
jeez, all three children of my family (including me) took piano. now we all sort of ditched it. especially me. xp

well, in a broader sense, probably other races seem to be the same. its just the asian conscience thing going on, i guess.  

cho-rohk

Azirru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:13 am
Mouthful of Metal
piano is okay. it's kinda fun to play, but if you play every damn day since you were four, it gets quite irritating.

yeye...

at age four?

you might like playing it because your parents told you so... if they not... you might rather play with your toys or play with your friends.

until you like it because they told you so...

until the told-you-so look is the picture running through your head whenever you're playing piano and you get irritated.

I read a readings once on a deep-cave-of-nowhere (a.k.a. UP main library) that piano or other musical instruments help the child/ren to increase their I.Q. in some ways.

Well... I think it is more effective when parents do not force you to do things you want to do and get enough of that i-told-you-so look...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:47 am
A lot of asian parents make their children play violin or piano..

They focus on academics a lot too..  

aliamalfoy

[ `RAWR ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:37 pm
its usually piano or violin O__o

I played the violin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:51 pm
[ `RAWR ]
its usually piano or violin O__o

I played the violin

Yeah, I played the violin for 2 years.
Then quit cuz I suck at reading notes and my teacher was a buttface... stare

On a random note, I can only play Mary Had A Little Lamb on the piano.  

Laughing Platypus

kurious_kitkats

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:58 pm
nope. i think asians jus likes playing pianoes. my asian friends likes playing piano, they weren't force to. my bro plays it too and he wasn't force to. i like playing it for fun and so does my cousins  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:37 pm
good question...i hated it verryyyy much my friends been doing it since she was like 5...i did it when i wa 8, but i stopped nowww i got tired of it...i play trombone nowwww ^_^  

yusukekidsister11

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces