Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
"All Asians look alike!" Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

` chi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:13 pm
I scored a 7. ._.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:37 pm
haha I scored 8 xP

well... I heard sooo many people say the phrase "All Asians Look Alike"

but when I first came to Texas from Korea

I was going through my sister's yearbook[she lived here before me]

and I was like "Everyone looks the same o.o" [to like whites]

but now I can tell the differences... =]

rachelicious!

Sukoshi Kawairashi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:54 pm
Jelai
You've probably heard that phrase before.
Sometimes people can't figure an Asian's nationality correctly.

But even Asians can't tell apart other Asians (like me xO I'm Filipino btw).
I took this test on alllooksame.com and I scored a 7 on it.

Do you sometimes have a hard time trying figure out Asians from....Asians? o.O

There was this one girl named Stephanie in my class back in primary school who everyone mistakened for as a Filipino.

Yes, we had diverse students from every color and nationality in our class, but Filipinos were the dominant count. And we thought that Stephanie was a Filipino until she told us that she was Thai. ^^;

Hai! there was a volunteer at my work and I thought she was the same nationality as me (Korean) I usually don't ask specifically what a person's background is unless I'm sure of it. But this time i thought i was sure and when i asked, she was actually chinese and spoke madarin >3< oops...mistake!

Like...I can see when someone is asian...but not their full background specifically (chinese, korean, japanese etc.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:22 pm
lol. i cant tell either  

augustjewel1991

~Guardian of Roses~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:38 pm
It's really hard to tell,isnt it? 3nodding I mean,it seems like we have the same skin color and sometimes you can just tell their asian but never what type unless you hear the language they speak. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:31 pm
~Guardian of Roses~
It's really hard to tell,isnt it? 3nodding I mean,it seems like we have the same skin color and sometimes you can just tell their asian but never what type unless you hear the language they speak. xp

...but sometimes you can't tell apart the language either. gonk

I sometimes have a hard time knowing if a person is speaking Korean, because Korean sounds so much like Chinese and Japanese...it's like a mix of both, and sometimes I'm wondering, "is that person speaking Japanese? Or Chinese....maybe it's Korean???"

sweatdrop

Yeah...since Korea is close to China and Japan...

Jelai

o0Noy0o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:28 pm
i dont think we all look alike...lol its just the black hair and skin color thats all...and sometimesz the eyes haha xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:36 pm
Sukoshi Kawairashi
Jelai
You've probably heard that phrase before.
Sometimes people can't figure an Asian's nationality correctly.

But even Asians can't tell apart other Asians (like me xO I'm Filipino btw).
I took this test on alllooksame.com and I scored a 7 on it.

Do you sometimes have a hard time trying figure out Asians from....Asians? o.O

There was this one girl named Stephanie in my class back in primary school who everyone mistakened for as a Filipino.

Yes, we had diverse students from every color and nationality in our class, but Filipinos were the dominant count. And we thought that Stephanie was a Filipino until she told us that she was Thai. ^^;

Hai! there was a volunteer at my work and I thought she was the same nationality as me (Korean) I usually don't ask specifically what a person's background is unless I'm sure of it. But this time i thought i was sure and when i asked, she was actually chinese and spoke madarin >3< oops...mistake!

Like...I can see when someone is asian...but not their full background specifically (chinese, korean, japanese etc.)

Don't forget those who have dual nationality. >.< like Chinese-Filipino, for example. >_<;;  

Jelai

Arrow--T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:45 pm
im chinese n ppl keep calling me japanese n i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! n i also hate it when ppl keep asking me to say something in chinese  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:48 pm
I HATE STEREOTYPES!!
i can tell Bruce lee from jet li from jackie chan from tony jaa
cant u?  

i am a narutard

Jj5uk93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:15 am
Well at first noone believes I'm Asian. they say I look hispanic. (im half flip and half krn BTW). I have my moms tanned filipino skin, and for some reason, people dont think Filipinos are Asian. But then they say my eyes are sorta small, so they think Im some sorta chinese person... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:55 am
I'm Mexican, but people have said that I look a bit asian on more than one occasion....

oh, I scored a 9 by the way...  

LightninConventionMastery

5,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Jelai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:42 pm
Hmm. Yeah...but I also think that it can also be hard to tell people what their nationality is, even by what language they speak...

...why?

...Because, my Japanese language teacher, Lee-sensei...we didn't know that he was actually Korean until later on in the year. @__@;; He speaks very good Japanese...well, his last name was kinda of a small hint to his Korean nationality, but his fluency in Japanese made us think that he was more Japanese than Korean. @__@;

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:23 am
rofl Actually, I don't think Asians look alike. Unless you look at them from behind, the yes, we look alike.  

eternambigu

~Kyute_Azn~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:30 am
eternambigu
rofl Actually, I don't think Asians look alike. Unless you look at them from behind, the yes, we look alike.

!~*~*~

Lol~!
*agrees* 3nodding

~*~*~!

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items