Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
.:Warhammer Fan Art:. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:30 am
Andreis
For some reason I thought somone would misunderstand.
Thanks for the compliment, however, they are both the one I did. Two different scans to show you how disgusting the lighting is for the original.
I think she's referring to the style of art. 40k art at the moment in 4th edition is quite.. gothic, and ornate. Back in second edition, the art was more cartoony.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:16 pm
yay! I am actually glad I was wrong. Thank you for clarifying. Upon a second look, I found that to be true. SORRY!
mrgreen  

Andreis

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:48 pm
Andreis
yay! I am actually glad I was wrong. Thank you for clarifying. Upon a second look, I found that to be true. SORRY!
mrgreen
I prefer that old cartoony style, myself. Although I suppose they don't want their game being all kiddy. They want it dark and gruesome. So they changed.

Ah well, I still like the old art style.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:56 pm
ShasO Bane
User Image

This is the M00fin Marine!!!!

P.S. I did the edit in paint xp

Dude, NICE!  

Brother Felix

Desperado de Anarquia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:08 pm
Brother Felix
ShasO Bane
User Image

This is the M00fin Marine!!!!

P.S. I did the edit in paint xp

Dude, NICE!

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:32 pm
I now wish to green stuff m00fins on to my Iron Warriors just to make people say what the hell are those?  

Brother Felix

Grandpa Ducky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:11 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
I think she's referring to the style of art. 40k art at the moment in 4th edition is quite.. gothic, and ornate. Back in second edition, the art was more cartoony.
I think the 4th edition art style is cool as I'm not a big anime or cartoon fan.

Hmmm... Do you know where I can find some example of earlier art? I know of a great website for more or less current Warhammer art, but not the earlier stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:28 pm
User Image

drew this maybe, four months ago. I used an old plastic termie for referance, but other than that it's all freehand  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Brother Felix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:25 pm
NeXdarkone
User Image

drew this maybe, four months ago. I used an old plastic termie for referance, but other than that it's all freehand
A choice drawing my friend.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:27 pm
This is an example from my signature art shop. In fact, it's my only example, as I got lazy and didn't make any more, and no one bought any. crying Anyway, it's real crap, as that I wasn't putting that much effort into it, but I like it anyway.
User Image  

Xenos Mortium

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:10 pm
Xenos Mortium
This is an example from my signature art shop. In fact, it's my only example, as I got lazy and didn't make any more, and no one bought any. crying Anyway, it's real crap, as that I wasn't putting that much effort into it, but I like it anyway.
User Image

Advise? I've been drawing marines ever since i laid eyes on the old 40k box, with the blood angels blasting at orks. Use models as referance, They are the most realistic referance you can get. Make sure that you make the guns big, and the limbs bigger. Another thing, you will NEVER see a space marine standing with his legs together. There is like three feet between their heels at all times. Another thing. Don't draw chest eagles yet, stick with simple skulls and power cables. THEN move up to eagle motifs. Marines are barrel-chested individuals, their torso is essentially a cylinder with a large shell on the top. Ever seen the torsos in the Concept art area of the gw site? That's what they are. Examine them, and you'll never foul up a torso on a marine drawing ever. http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/spacemarines/extras/conceptart/default.htm

As for the bolter, the 2nd edition is easy to draw, and looks awesome. Try that, don't put any doodads on it, just draw the boxy bolter, and make it big. the bullets that come out of a bolter are the size of a ten guage shotgun shell, but the ones on the marines i draw have to be closer to softballs. it looks better that way, when you can fit your fist in the barrel.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:32 pm
The original drawing for that was smaller than the image on the computer, and I was drawing from memory. And I wasn't too concerned about detail or even good looks or accuracy or anything, I was just making an example. But thank you for the help and advice anyway.  

Xenos Mortium

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:20 pm
Here's a dreadnought I drew, with no reference model, and editted with MS paint in the later stages.

User Image

Comments, critisisms, questions?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:04 am
DarkElf27
Here's a dreadnought I drew, with no reference model, and editted with MS paint in the later stages.

User Image

Comments, critisisms, questions?

Pretty good, nice finish.  

Daemon_King

`Tuxedo Mask`

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:14 pm
i drew a pic of a chaos space marine ill try to get a scanner to put it on  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash