Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

neko-jordy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:35 pm
pretty much all my friends know what yaoi is...
and if they dont, i tell them.
but as for my mom...
well ill never tell her... she still
thinks im gay...which im not...
im bi, thank you.
lol, but yeah... i love talking about it with
friends!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:06 am
Well my mom dosen't know... but she knows that I like gay manga and anime characters kinda.. Just like my dad who I don't think knows what Yaoi actually is. He thinks it's just a couple of "fruity" what he likes to call them... characters and nothing more. But he will run around the house saying yaoi yaoi yaoi, and it's pretty funny. All of my brothers know and they are all like ewww.

My anime loving friends know what it is and some of them are into it so it's ok with them but my friends who don't like anime are ok with it but think it is gross.  

Kisa Tsuki

Dapper Sex Symbol

Curaia-Chan

Distinct Fatcat

5,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:19 am
I got into it about 6 years ago when I was watching Yugioh and thought that Yami and Yugi would be a great couple. I've been on the low level since my dad is very against homosexuality and my mom isn't as against it, but when I bought Sukisho, she just said "hide it from your father." A few friends know that I like Yaoi and Yuri, but not everyone knows. If anyone asks that I like it, I'll just say "yeah."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:13 pm
I really don't think my parents care. >>; For a while they thought I was into yuri. redface It got pretty awkward when they were talking about it in the other room and I could hear them. x.x I just wanted to scream, "Stop questioning my sexuality!!" >< Yeah, but practically all my friends are into yaoi or yuri so we just express our love to everyone! ^^ lol ...It is really funny when some of my friends and my teachers start reading over our shoulders. xp  

darkdragon_illusion

otakubaybay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:35 pm
neko-haruhi
but as for my mom...
im bi, thank you.
friends!!!!!!!!!!

This the first time I've run into you in a forum, Haru-chan!!! ^___^

...buuut anyway, either I couldn't find my post or I never gave my two cents, so...

My parents don't know and I don't intend to tell them either. They might care, they might not, doesn't matter to me cuz I'll love yaoi anyway. I've told most of the people closest to me, but that's only a couple of people. Not even the friends that I hang out with all the time know!
And nobody I know loves yaoi like I do!!! >.< crying
It's heartbreaking really cuz I could talk about it for hours cry
Hell, my friends don't even like anime!!! It ridiculous cuz I'm always just dying to talk about it (the only otaku over here), but now even my best friend doesn't want to listen to me crying
I feel so pathetic and lonely sometimes for being so crazy about something and unable to share it emo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:23 am
otakubaybay
neko-haruhi
but as for my mom...
im bi, thank you.
friends!!!!!!!!!!

This the first time I've run into you in a forum, Haru-chan!!! ^___^

...buuut anyway, either I couldn't find my post or I never gave my two cents, so...

My parents don't know and I don't intend to tell them either. They might care, they might not, doesn't matter to me cuz I'll love yaoi anyway. I've told most of the people closest to me, but that's only a couple of people. Not even the friends that I hang out with all the time know!
And nobody I know loves yaoi like I do!!! >.< crying
It's heartbreaking really cuz I could talk about it for hours cry
Hell, my friends don't even like anime!!! It ridiculous cuz I'm always just dying to talk about it (the only otaku over here), but now even my best friend doesn't want to listen to me crying
I feel so pathetic and lonely sometimes for being so crazy about something and unable to share it emo

...you talk alot though...
i mean...
dude...
at anime expo you were at the yaoi whenever we passed it...
hell...
i was too but i still ran around to other places...
if i didnt pull you away from a few of those stands we might still be there... lol!
maybe you should educate me on yoai like a crapload at school...
then...
we can talkabout it as much as you wanna
^___^
love ya muffin!
lmao!

neko-jordy

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:36 pm
Very little people know about my liking of yaoi. Those who do either laugh, ignore it or totally freak out.
Like, I mean. My really close friends know I like it. But they don't really like, care cause' I don't go all out on them and s**t. But there's this other girl who's just like, damn annoying.
She says stuff like; Eew! Yaoi! I can't believe you like that. YOU'RE SICK MINDED.
But she still like, wants to be my friend... *not so much as before though* And she goes on about how I can like stuff like that and s**t but I don't really give a damn cause' if you can't accept it don't flame it dude. cool
BWHAHAHA. My parents certinaly don't know... (I am underage I guess) but like, they still treat me like a 10 year old and I'm turning 15 in december!
But like, ya know. Asian rents'. talk2hand emo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:26 pm
[No, I'm not open about it]
[I don't see how it's anyone else's business, tbh]
[And, I know that people would generally be disgusted, so I see no reason to tell anyone]

Genica Pussywillow

VoldieslilSlytherin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:49 pm
I've only been open about it with one person and this is how that conversation went:
Me: So... I like Harry Potter... sweatdrop
Her: Oh, yeah, me too... lol
Me: I think Snape and Harry are so cute together! redface
Her: Hey! Me too! blaugh
I think that was mearly luck. Now, she's one of my best friends!
But anyone else... heck no!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:24 pm
With me, I have it all over my room and it fills my computer basically but my paretns still dont pay enough attention and I would most likely be kicked out of the house for being Gay so I cant really let anyone know but outside the house I DONT care who knows.

I flaunt it actually. . .xD just a bit more shy on the shota side but with other people who like it Im not shy about it at all.

Prince_Syu

Fashionable Werewolf

7,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Marjosa

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 pm
I have the "I ♥ Yaoi" shirt! I'm still shy about wearing it sometimes, mostly because I don't want people coming up to me and asking what yaoi is (then I'd have to explain).

I think I've always been open with my love for shounen-ai/BL and slash. It was a real problem for my mom and aunt, who were both Jehovah's Witnesses and therefore against homosexuality. But I didn't care. XD It's not until now that I'm much open with my mom about my love for yaoi, since we're no longer in that church.

As for my friends, they've always known about my obsession with it. They tolerate it most of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 pm
Ah not much of my friends know that I like Yaoi because they never asked.  

californiaxrolls

Lum Cheng

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:07 am
I'm pretty open about it. It's not part of introducing myself or anything, but I usually let a new friend know about my love for yaoi ASAP, so they're not TOO surprised.

As for my parents... my Mom knows, and she seems okay with it, despite having been raised a Roman Catholic. I don't think my Dad knows, but he'd probably be fine with it.

... don't know what either of them would say about my like for yuri, though (that's neither here nor there regarding this guild, however)...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:36 pm
"I really don't care about what people say. So i am very open about it. And i really enjoy it too.
But.. If it was somebody like my Dad.. I would not say anything about it. Although i would stand up for gay rights and such. I did last time and he got angry at me and said 'Don't start'.
XD "

Sasuke of Team Taka

Astireth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:12 pm
Hahahahaha...if I ever talked about it...my head would be removed and stuck on a pike in our front yard, specially if my dad knew.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff