Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:57 pm
Katheros

We have a police box in Glasgow, but now they've screwed it up by sticking an advertisement for a fricken coffee shop on it D:<

Not meaning to pick fights by bringing up a rival but Edinburgh has the kick-a** police call boxes.

Although apparently they were never blue there at all, they were red! They only painted them blue after Doctor Who came out for the tourists whee  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:33 pm
ficklefiend
Katheros

We have a police box in Glasgow, but now they've screwed it up by sticking an advertisement for a fricken coffee shop on it D:<

Not meaning to pick fights by bringing up a rival but Edinburgh has the kick-a** police call boxes.

Although apparently they were never blue there at all, they were red! They only painted them blue after Doctor Who came out for the tourists whee
I think the postbox has ALWAYS been there, but ack! I'm so pissed off that they've made it into a mini coffee shop. D:<
LEAVE THE BOX ALONE! gonk
And oooh, another Scot surprised  

Katheros

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:06 pm
Oh, my God! I'm scared now.. The Beast... Ooh, I'm home alone and now I'm all frightened... *Eats poached egg on toast*

And how will they get out? Maybe they'll have a Donnie Darko portal thing and go back in time, before all this happened, and get the TARDIS from there...Hmm...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:11 pm
The pseudo-science. D :

Being Doctor Who, they can get away with it.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:43 pm
It is possible to orbit a black hole. Just thought I'd say that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:19 pm
I'm not sure it's considered orbiting.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:26 pm
It isn't, but in the story the force going from the energy souce was so great that it pulls them in a different direction and so it can orbit. I'm pretty sure that isn't possible though.

At the start I thought that the worm-face things saying "must feed" was so cheesey but that was such a funny part. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:11 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Angra-Mainyu

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:35 am
Is the accretion disc considered an orbit, then?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:36 am
I've now seen the school Chaplain's son in school, in drag and covered in mysterious black lettering.

eek

Invictus_88
Captain

Angra-Mainyu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:48 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:25 am
I understood more of that than I had expected too, with my very limited knowledge of such things.

Go me.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:51 am
LoS
I understood more of that than I had expected too, with my very It limited knowledge of such things.

It would be easier if I had drawn some diagrams about how I see the orbits.

LoS
Go me.

XD [I don't really get it, it would be easier to explain if I knew GTR math and had more of an intuitive understanding <_<;;;]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:25 pm
Angra Maynu
Howl is cuter with black hair.

Yeah, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

And please, don't rekindle my interest in physics; I don't want to change my A-levels all over again. I would fail physics so badly with a year-long break between AS and A2, but I'm such an impressionable young lady.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Angra-Mainyu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:01 am
Foetus In Fetu
Angra Maynu
Howl is cuter with black hair.

Yeah, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

I was watching Howl's Moving Castle at the time.

Foetus In Fetu
And please, don't rekindle my interest in physics; I don't want to change my A-levels all over again. I would fail physics so badly with a year-long break between AS and A2, but I'm such an impressionable young lady.

XD I get so few opportunities to mention it. <_< Don't you think the system should be more like the IB and have less subjects at Key Stage 4 level i.e. GCSE and thus more at the A-level; I would have killed to have had the option to take, say, philosophy in addition to the usual maths, chem., phys., for mathematical sciecne  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff