Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
Mayfair Manor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:40 pm
The sound of knocking drew her attention away from her brother and his question. Quietly, her expression curious, being that she didn't wish to pry into this second person's mind to discover their identity, Antha swung open the gate and stepped into the back garden. Without a word she took Malakai's hand and led him around the vast house, through she soft grass and under the immense oaks that had become skeletal due to winter. When she came in view of the front door with Malakai behind her, the smile that lit up her face was quite unnaturally sweet. "Vikteren," she regarded him simply, "Sabata." The knife dangled precariously in her hand as she came a little closer to the front porch, her eyes drifting between the two, and somehow it seemed less malevolent than it should have. Antha herself had forgotten about it. "My, my. Tell me Malakai, is Oncle Julien home this evening?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:06 pm
Sabata held his breath as the door opened. When he saw the knife Antha held in her hand he tensed slightly, but relaxed a second later when he noticed he attitude. It wasn't as crazy as it had been when he'd last encountered her. He bowed slightly, "Miss Mayfair. I hope I'm not interrupting you?" He waited for her reply.  

ninja of Persia

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:26 am
Malakai regarded the two vampires with uneasiness. "He's here. Asleep in his room I think." Quietly he stepped aside. "I'll go get him." And in her ear he whispered, "Be careful." Then he strode past the vampires and up to the front door where he slipped in. Up The stairs and down the hall and to Julien's door he went. "Oncle Julien?" he called softly, knocking.
Julien was a light sleeper. "Malakai? Yes?" He had fallen asleep at his desk writing and there was a paper stuck to his cheek but he removed it and went to his door. "Is Antha home?" It was her scent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:43 pm
She held his hand as long as she could, barely letting his fingers slip through her own. It was only when the door closed behind him again that she turned to the men at her front door, smiling sweetly. "Not at all," she replied to Sabata, sweeping past him and waltzing through the door. "Please, come in." She beckoned to them with her hand, her eyes switching between the two, "I want to speak with you, Sabata." Vikteren she expected to follow her by this point, so she drew no particular attention to him. After all, he would get enough of that when Julien, the incestuous b*****d of a father of hers, found out about him. Julien had learned to be quite wary of vampires in his life.
Malakai, she called to him, hurrying him back down. She left the door open for Sabata and Vikteren should they choose to enter and went forward into the parlor, sitting quietly down in the crimson armchair by the windows that ran the entire height of the wall.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

ninja of Persia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:57 pm
Sabata walked through the door into mayfair Manor, his face was calm, but his mind was tense. He smiled slightly at Antha, "It must be fate then, because I wanted to speak with you as well Miss. Mayfair." He followed her into the parlor, eyes sweeping over the room, taking it in at a glance. He sensed the presence of others, they were powerful, he could feel, it made him wonder just how much power lay in Antha that beings of such strength would obey her. Settling himself in an armchair directly across from Antha he watched her intently, his eyes never leaving hers.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:29 pm
Malakai nodded in response and lowered his eyes. "She has...friends here, and I think she wants you to join us." Quietly he stepped back and went down the stairs again and stood for a second staring at Antha's silhouette against the moonlight before he went to her side.
Julien came down swiftly once he had thrown on fresh clothes and combed through his hair. He refused to be seen looking a mess. "Antha Evelyn," he called softly, using her entire first name as a token of affection and holding his hands out to call her forward.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:44 pm
It wasn't that Antha didn't like Oncle Julien. She hated him, true, for crimes of which she was also guilty yet had proven nowhere near as consequential. She supposed she loved him really, in some twisted manner, it was just that she hated looking at his face because it was too much like her own and hated the sound of his voice because she had developed a touch of his accent. Regardless though, she rose and went to meet him back across the room and, before she had even reached him, broke apart a little piece of her mental barriers and showed him every single thing that had taken place, every last word spoken, in the past two nights. "Bon soir, Oncle Julien," she greeted him mildly, standing still to accept his customary manners of greeting. "I hope you don't mind, but Sabata came to speak with me." There was no need to introduce the vampires to Julien for he knew them now, everything she knew about them save for a few things she had barred from him concerning Vikteren, but to be polite she turned to her company and made a small motion to Julien. "This is my uncle, Julien Mayfair. Oncle Julien, this is Vikteren and Sabata."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 pm
Sabata watched as the newcomer entered. He rose and bowed. "I am pleased to meet you sir." With the formalities out of the way, he seated himself again. Looking at him, he was surprised to see a strong resemblence to Antha, even his accent, which he had heard from upstairs, was similar to Antha's. He thought back to the Mayfair family tree... his face remained calm, though he was sure some trace of shock echoed through his mind as he realized her Uncle Julien was also her father. He remained calm and composed as he waited for the rest of them to sit.  

ninja of Persia

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:45 pm
As customary he kissed each of her cheeks in turn as her recent adventures rolled around in his mind. He was horrified. As a father he felt the urge to lock her up somewhere out of harm's way but as a rational creature he knew she'd switch their positions around somehow and he'd be in over his head. "Charmed," he greeted them flatly, his eyes attaching to Vikteren for a prolonged minute. "You had Claire worried sick, you know," he scolded Antha amiably when he motioned for her to return to her seat. He himself sat in a chair opposite Antha. "And now Sleet's been provoked. Understand me Antha, you're my responsibility and it falls on my shoulders keeping you alive and mortal."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:55 am
.David Talbot.
As customary he kissed each of her cheeks in turn as her recent adventures rolled around in his mind. He was horrified. As a father he felt the urge to lock her up somewhere out of harm's way but as a rational creature he knew she'd switch their positions around somehow and he'd be in over his head. "Charmed," he greeted them flatly, his eyes attaching to Vikteren for a prolonged minute. "You had Claire worried sick, you know," he scolded Antha amiably when he motioned for her to return to her seat. He himself sat in a chair opposite Antha. "And now Sleet's been provoked. Understand me Antha, you're my responsibility and it falls on my shoulders keeping you alive and mortal."

He kept his face perfectly blank. If he’d been trying to pass for human, he might have introduced himself with some trivial, inconsequential remark…but he wasn’t. Vikteren suspected that even if he had been, he couldn’t have fooled this man. His gaze swept over Antha and Julien--their strangely unsettling duality. And yet, it was rude to remain in silence.

...If you think we're waxworks, you ought to pay, you know. If you think we're alive, you ought to speak...

“Letting your ‘responsibility’ roam around the city at all hours of the night with all manner of children of the night—yes, your concern is quite touching.” He said mildly. His tone wasn’t critical—merely mildly intrigued by how he justified his actions.  

Vikteren
Crew

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:45 pm
Julien held up a hand to silence Vikteren, half polite and half angered. "Don't even get me started on you," Julien stated calmly, "I've had enough of Antha's companions and enough of Antha's vampires and she's gotten in too far over her head this time." The whole time he watched Antha with critical eyes but now they softened and his tone became amiable. "Antha Evelyn ma chere, tell me what ails you now. Memories aren't so gratifying without your thoughts on the matter."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:28 am
The moment she heard Vikteren speak, Antha's eyes lit up and her cheeriest smile came to her face. It was frighteningly rare that someone spoke against Julien, save of course for herself, and it always gave her some minor satisfaction. Hearing it from Vikteren sent her into a fit of glee, and it showed in the way she looked at him now. "Don't speak like that to Vikteren," she scolded Julien carelessly, her eyes moving only reluctantly to her uncle. "I can't imagine him being any worse than Claire, and you would have me marry him if you could." The smile faded into seriousness, though a very cheery kind, and she turned finally to Sabata. "So tell me ducky, what was it you wanted to speak with me about?" She had an idea naturally, but she said nothing.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

ninja of Persia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:51 am
I'm sure you know already. Sabata thought, ensuring that Antha could read it. "I was wondering how your search for Rentetsu was coming along. I have an interest in him as well, and thought maybe you would be able nhelp with that." Provided he's not dead already. Which, judging by your mood, seems to be very likely. He waited patiently for her reply.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:12 am
"You know, a very curious thing happened about an hour ago," she commented lightly, as if she had just thought to share some random fact with him, "A very rude creature came to my house and questioned me about Ren. It seems he doesn't particularly like him either. So I thought to let him have this kill, provided he does it right." She smiled vaguely and her eyes narrowed as she gave Sabata the single name. Kaze. "And now I have a question to put to you."

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Hell Is Upon Us
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:58 pm
Worrying about Antha was stressful. Working on papers all day in an office was tiring. Between the two Lawrence came home hoping to go to bed. By the time he closed the door behind him and went to the stairs he knew there were people in the sitting room and didn't even have to look to know one was Antha. "Antha, you're home. I was worried." It was true. He just glanced at the vampires and Malakai. He didn't give any recognition to Julien. he never did. Lawrence had hardly ever spoken to Julien in his whole life and he was the oldest of his generation.  
Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff