Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Recommended Reading List Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:26 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
I've also heard that he's pretty racist and jumps from religion to religion like it's his job.

Not sure one the first rumor. But the second I know is true. On his blog he is always switching around. I stopped reading it after a while.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:30 pm
Angus of the Crooked Way
Violet Song jat Shariff
I've also heard that he's pretty racist and jumps from religion to religion like it's his job.

Not sure one the first rumor. But the second I know is true. On his blog he is always switching around. I stopped reading it after a while.

I think it shows up more when he's trying to be an Asatruar.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:09 pm
Angus of the Crooked Way

Actually I would thank you.
Six frickin' pages later  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:38 am
It's weird because I can't seem to get away from him. xD
When I practiced trad craft he was on the scene. Now I see him in recon circles?

He even went through a Buddhism phase apparantly.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:14 am
patch99329
It's weird because I can't seem to get away from him. xD
When I practiced trad craft he was on the scene. Now I see him in recon circles?

He even went through a Buddhism phase apparantly.
He sounds... confused.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:41 am
This list gets pretty big, and I'll confess I'm kind of a slow reader. Plus I'm poor so if I want to actually buy the books for myself I have to save up. Anyways more to the point, what would be the best book for me to start with?
I keep finding myself wanting to read Gardner's book, because of my introduction to Paganism through the misconception of Wicca long ago. That said, I don't think I'll actually see myself becoming a Wicca, and I don't know if it will actually be a good place to start. I feel like I'd gain a lot from reading what he has to say, regardless... any suggestions?  

Adalyna

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 pm
Asahi Sara
This list gets pretty big, and I'll confess I'm kind of a slow reader. Plus I'm poor so if I want to actually buy the books for myself I have to save up. Anyways more to the point, what would be the best book for me to start with?
I keep finding myself wanting to read Gardner's book, because of my introduction to Paganism through the misconception of Wicca long ago. That said, I don't think I'll actually see myself becoming a Wicca, and I don't know if it will actually be a good place to start. I feel like I'd gain a lot from reading what he has to say, regardless... any suggestions?

If you are looking for books specific to Wicca I find that scorplett compiled and AWESOME list. You should also talk to her. And there is someone else who is of the Wica on here. Mordrigana...or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Reading for Enjoyment I would say Read the Earth's Children by Jean M. Auel First Book is Clan of the Cave Bear. It has alot in it from rituals of Earily man and their healing methods. Great read took me a months to read all four books.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm
Zercia
Books I found help is the Witch's Magical handbook by Gavin Frost, PH.D, D.D. and Yvonne Frost D.D.
I don't find it ethical to endorse people who encouraged others to rape children.

I think my position on giving them money after the victims of their cult suffered as they do isn't uncommon.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm
TeaDidikai
Zercia
Books I found help is the Witch's Magical handbook by Gavin Frost, PH.D, D.D. and Yvonne Frost D.D.
I don't find it ethical to endorse people who encouraged others to rape children.

I think my position on giving them money after the victims of their cult suffered as they do isn't uncommon.

That I did not know of that at all. The book I read I didn't read that and my copy many have read so in away I taken money away from them.  

Zercia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:59 pm
Zercia
...so in away I taken money away from them.
Not really. You enabled their material to continue to circulate.

And it was in some of their older books and then justified in their recent editions.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:59 am
Angus of the Crooked Way
Asahi Sara

If you are looking for books specific to Wicca I find that scorplett compiled and AWESOME list. You should also talk to her. And there is someone else who is of the Wica on here. Mordrigana...or something.

surprised thanks for scorplett's list, it looks like there's a lot of material that would be relevant to me!  

Adalyna

~dragondemon326~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:01 pm
Innocent Alice

"Anything by Silver Ravenwolf. These books are chalk full of misinformation ond general crap. An educated Pagan may be a ble to find the occasional redeeming comment in them, but these books are otherwise useless. "

I had a question pertaining to this. I am fairly new at the craft [about 2 years] and I spent alot of my time studying Solidtary Witch By SilverRavenWolf. So my question is am I learning wrong and go find another learning guide or stick to Srw and find ways to confirm what I am learning?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 pm
Is there any way the first page of this post will get updated with the many contributing posts, or will everyone who's desperate have to wade through the 10+ pages? gonk  

Bastemhet

Mahi_Kali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:33 pm
No Crowley crying  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items