Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Why are people so against real person slash? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RPS = good?
  Yes.
  No.
  Don't know/don't care/wtfred etc.
View Results

sjdfnkwnf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:46 am
I have nothing against homosexuals and I watch Yaoi, obviously. smile

However, if I was famous I would not like others to write and 'hook me up' with real persons that I did not love. They are people, not fictional characters. I'm talking about fanfiction and fanart that makes two male celebrities lovers when they're not.

But, if those two were actually in a relationship, I see nothing wrong with it. Love is love; gender shouldn't matter!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:57 pm
There's a difference between supporting real people's relationships and slashing real people.
A big difference.

I know I'd feel a bit ooky if I found out someone was imagining me and some random person going at it in their head. Slash fictional characters all you want xd . . . but seriously, don't mentally interfere in the love-lives of actual living breathing feeling people. It's not very nice.
User Image

Vexworth

meow-ku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:38 am
Quote:
It's something that's always confused me and I've never really found out the answer. Even in this guild plenty of people say stuff like, "real gay boys? ewww!" I don't really get it. It seems to me that these people are being really hypocritical/homophobic to like yaoi and not slash with real people. I understand that some of it is just personal preference, but being gay, I don't really understand how people can think that way. o__o Can anyone offer some kind of explanation or whatever

u know i think its just a personal thing, like some people can only accept things that aren't real but if they ever see it there's a problem

or maybe they've seen reallly reallly bad looking gays so they have a problem or maybe they've had bad experiences with them....

u'd have to ask the individual to get an honest answer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:09 am
Soda Ex Machina
There's a difference between supporting real people's relationships and slashing real people.
A big difference.

I know I'd feel a bit ooky if I found out someone was imagining me and some random person going at it in their head. Slash fictional characters all you want xd . . . but seriously, don't mentally interfere in the love-lives of actual living breathing feeling people. It's not very nice.
User Image

Exactly! I've seen so many Orlando Bloom/Johnny Depp fanart and fanfiction; it's crazy. rolleyes However I do support real gay relationships in everyday life and find it hypocritical to watch Yaoi and then turn around and call homosexuals 'fags' and what not. confused

I've met many such people.  

sjdfnkwnf

DarkisMYNE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:00 pm

Real life is completely different then non-real life.
Real life we know it doesn't happen often cry
But in non-real life, we can fantasize all we want and no one will say anything (at least it doesn't happen to me sweatdrop )...
People just don't like it. I really don't mind at all whee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:52 pm
I think it's hawt in both worlds!! Some of my yaoi-loving friends think real boys are gross, but you can't really blame them 'cuz they're more of a shounen-ai type of fangirl...I'm for hardcore yaoi all the way!! xd in real life, too wink  

Princess Karis

7,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Tycoon 200

xxIrrelevant Obsessionxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 am
I personally love real slash (gay boys) more than yaoi....yeay!
heart heart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 pm
Hmm, I've never really considered that. Anybody got some suggestions on ones I should check out?  

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

Usami Keita

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:36 pm
I don't mind real boy yaoi. Haven't seen any though, so not sure. xP  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:46 pm
Supernatural. Jensen. Jared. Enough said. (If you don't know, you should go read it, for serious!)

I swear I didn't even watch supernatural until I started reading stuff from it. Admittedly, it was the show's slash first, and then RPS, but I've grown to like JPJA more than SamDean, soo.... I have to blame the AMAZING SPN fandom. They write such wonderful stuff.

And they (the boys) know it's out there. I don't think they could stop it if they tried. Especially when they specifically make comments that are just so gay. heart  

Like Apple Candy

VoldieslilSlytherin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:30 pm
I like real life yaoi and yaoi in anime. I have a TON of gay friends so I've got no fight with them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:22 pm
Yaoi is yaoi.

Slash is slash.

...... still hot no matter how you cut it.  

Bane Rie

oh_mY-RainBows

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:02 am
i dont get what people have against real gay people! if you like yaoi then you like gay couples!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:18 am
Bane Rieko
Yaoi is yaoi.

Slash is slash.

...... still hot no matter how you cut it.

Exactly what I was going to say 3nodding  

Dark_Fluffy-Chan

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas