Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:38 pm
(The hinges to the door are on the other side of the wall. If, or when, that door opens, it's going to open outwards--towards whatever's trying to get in.)

(There are three clicks in short succession. A low, measured exhale on the part of the thing on the other side. The metallic scraping begins again.)

(It's picking the lock.)

Quote:
To make this easier (and also make my graphics-work life easier):
All you got to do is list relative position: for instance, "crown over sword surrounded by stars" would work for the current sigil. Please decide by 6pm PST on the 14th of December, as that is when the thing on the other side of the door will make itself known and you will be expected to cast the sigil!

Quote:
FROM THIS POINT ON, EVERY CHOICE MADE WILL HAVE AN INDELIBLE AND IRREVERSIBLE EFFECT UPON THE WORLD YOUR CHARACTERS RETURN TO. SPECIFIC WARNINGS WILL COME AS THEY ARE RELEVANT.

endejester
and u has book
The Semblance of Unity
u has knife
quite uneventful
u has sharpie
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
u has phone
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura
iStoleYurVamps
Melancholies
saedusk
u has glowy powerstone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 pm
Chel nodded in agreeance to the others. If they didnt want the door open, it wouldnt be opened. She snickered at Preacher but stepped to the side a bit so as to not crowd the girl.

"You know f'you ain't gonna talk we're gonna gun you down the second yer in. Might as well use yer words- s'not like words gonna kill you. So you friendly or what?" Chel asked the door, still holding firm.

She snapped and point a finger at the lock, hoping to maybe melt the metal altogether.

shibrogane
Using them finger guns.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:03 pm
He seemed content now, fingers and rest of him intact and normal as could be- though he was still uncertain what had been that one small bang and if he'd caused it. He hoped not. Being able to make things explode was hardly a power that was really safe. Yet while he spoke he picked at the sleeves of his coat, finally taking in the whole debacle by the door.

"Yes but why all three- A story is a story and while three might be thematic, reliance too much on past narratives makes for a dull read. She said roots, trunk, and branches but those alone do not make a tree alive- if you want a lush tree, you need leaves- leaves can die and do die but they always return.
You now have four to three to four to three. The life of a healthy tree is one that changes with seasons. Fruit eventually will become rotten and fall yet they carry the seeds of new trees. But fruits are copies or half copies of the original, they carry with them the old to the new. Why not make the leaves the keys? At times, a key is gone, others, it is new; keys that change and come and go. They move with wind and can be used and shaped, they nourish the soil that nurtures the tree, feed the beasts that come, and offer shade and protection from the light of the sun or the falling rain in a storm. You can take a stem with a leaf and graft it to another. It will care the old to the new if need be."

He looked at America then at the door.

"The art of bonsai is the art of manipulating a tree- it's roots and branches both. Place a knot in the roots- your ensure stability as it holds the earth and stone. Place a knot in the branches you have a tree that will offer many paths and options to it's leaves. To the ends.

Now you have 1, 2, 3, 4, 6. One sigil, Two knots, three stages in the tree and of the tree by the trinity knots, four parts that make a tree, six loops of in the knots- if one wanted to make it more numerical and symbolic, you use five leaves, each representing an element we wished for the sigil to provide. Complexity and also yet simplicity withing meanings."

The button on his sleeve fell off, string frayed through.

"Having symmetry is to have a balance, a harmony. To favor one side over another is often done for the purpose of shock or altering perception. I-" A snap of fingers, he snapped them a few more times.
"I like the idea. I like threes- but three is all it took to create this, then to layer three from three and not give ourselves the option to have more closes a door? I am not sure how to phrase it."

cibarium
like a 5yo asking /why/
lizbot
explain amercia, explain actually idk hi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:27 pm
"That's too ******** complicated," Alexis snaps. "What are we, Van Gogh? We don't have time to design a masterpiece - we need it as simple and symbolic as it can be, and we need it now." Their fists clench. Unclench. "'Sides, two knots would be ugly. Wouldn't stylize well."

iStoleYurVamps
whoops alexis time

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:33 pm
Eyes Wide and face pale at the door's noise, America gave Marcus a small shake of the head, "Make it clearer and stronger now, Marcus, not muddier. I don't care what's a good read, either. Far as, I'm concerned we're not writing a story, we're not forcing something into an unnatural shape like those tiny trees. But if you've got a stronger symbol sketch it down or use these cutouts or sum it up quick like. If you want 9 things all summed up, get us there hun."

istoleyurvamps

U GOTTA GET SIMPLE AND CONCISE TO BUDGE HER EVEN A LITTLE MR.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:59 pm
Eve

"My dear, I'm sure you're trying your best to help, but -- you're boring me," said Eve simply to Marcus. "The last thing a sigil should be is boring."

Quote:
Leila and Eve's vote:
four keys hang below the tree's branches as fruit with trinity knots forming the bow of each key
    • 4 keys = 4 seasons = 4 cardinal directions = maximizes the time/space potential for freedom and power
    • the trinity knot must be 'undone properly' (with sound intent, faith, and wisdom) for the power to be accessible

a fifth trinity knot is found in the tree's roots
    • 5 is a number of change / motion / energy = maximizes the growth potential of the tree
    • good roots bear good fruit
    • 'roots' of this sigil (the sacrifices of the former trio and their sigil) are acknowledged in the trinity

The above description is written down for others to view.

istoleyurvmps

cibarium
Crew

Noob

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:13 pm
((Since I think Shep maybe wanted it simpler))

[Zac vote: Keys in branches like fruit, full knot in the roots. Tree as central)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:43 pm
Shun shifted his stance a little bit. He heard something from the door, but he wasn't quite close enough to hear it all too well. Keys? Lock picking? While Chel was trying to talk to the entity on the other side, he just readied himself in case it was a hostile.

"For what it is worth, I prefer the keys in the branches with the knots in the roots," he shot back towards the debating group.

Wait. He had an idea.

"Preacher, Chel. Move away from the door. I might be able to slow them down if they get through..."

Chiickadee
the semblance of unity

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:14 am
Preacher Maria

When the lock rattled - and Preacher knew the sound of lock-picking, unmistakably - she reached up to put her hands around the knob in an effort to hold it in place. Or she would have, but Chel pointed her fingers at it and, honestly, this was still all tied to rainy bullshit land so that meant rainy bullshit magic.

In the best case scenario, it would be Sunny on the other side of the door. If that was a 'beat' case considered how she'd been when they left her. Preacher felt a pang as she thought of both present day Sunny and the one in the 20s. She opened her mouth to speak, then snorted at Alexis' blunt words. They were a shithead, but at least they had priorities. Stylize.

"Ok, I'm abit doored, but I think simpler is better. Gimme the knot thinger in the roots, tree being a ********' tree, and keys in the branches. I really don't give two shits about how many damn keys but I think only one knot is best, y'know?" She turned to the door and slapped it with her hand.

"Stop that pickin'!" And then she moved slightly away. "Dude, Shun, you can't just like whip out your gun and stop 'em. We dun even know who they are besides a weirdo who won't talk." This last bit was aimed directly at the door.

Quote:
Preacher votes for one knot in the roots of the tree and keys in the branches. She does not care how many keys in the branches.

blade kuroda
chiickadee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 am
Whoever it is doesn't seem to hear Chel. But it does react to her shooting the doorknob: with a short exhale that might be a laugh? Maybe?? The doorknob turns, courtesy of Preacher having moved her hands. But the door, for whatever reason, doesn't open just yet.

chimarii
u broke the locking mechanism

Quote:
To make this easier (and also make my graphics-work life easier):
All you got to do is list relative position: for instance, "crown over sword surrounded by stars" would work for the current sigil. Please decide by 6pm PST on the 14th of December, as that is when the thing on the other side of the door will make itself known and you will be expected to cast the sigil!

Quote:
FROM THIS POINT ON, EVERY CHOICE MADE WILL HAVE AN INDELIBLE AND IRREVERSIBLE EFFECT UPON THE WORLD YOUR CHARACTERS RETURN TO. SPECIFIC WARNINGS WILL COME AS THEY ARE RELEVANT.

endejester
and u has book
Keys in branches like fruit, full knot in the roots. Tree as central
The Semblance of Unity
u has knife
Preacher votes for one knot in the roots of the tree and keys in the branches. She does not care how many keys in the branches.
quite uneventful
u has sharpie
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
u has phone
keys in the branches with the knots in the roots
cibarium
four keys, five trinity knots
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura
iStoleYurVamps
Melancholies
saedusk
u has glowy powerstone

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:50 am
      The female really just wanted this to be over. The growing anxiety at the sight of the spontaneous door appearing out of nowhere kept her on edge, and everyone debating about it like this would just bring them faster to their deaths, if whatever was behind that door was what she expected. "I-I think what Preacher said sounds good. We just-- Need to hurry!" She told the group, obviously tense and fiddling with the marker in her hands.

Everyone
Vero goes with Preacher, which is one knot in the roots of the tree and keys in the branches!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:50 am
Shun let out a low grunt, shaking his head at Preacher.

"Not like that. I simply suggest you two move out of the way or you might risk getting stuck in place," he stated plainly. He didn't want to say too much since he was near the door and whoever was on the other side could potentially hear him. The detective went ahead and crouched down, placing one hand to the floor. There, he waited for the two women.

"Just try not to be right there."

Chiickadee
The semblance of unity

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 am
Leila

"Is it too late too like... push the door open real hard to whack whoever it is in the face, so you can shut it real fast while they're stunned?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:40 am
Juniper Wilcox

"I have to agree with Rabbit the idea of the key being repeated multiple times is....I dunno, I don't much care for it. Perhaps the branches of the tree should create the trinity knot thing and then in the center of the tree trunk, have the key be emblazoned there. So if the tree is done in a dark color the key would be white? Or if you're so keen on the key fruit thing, just a single key dangles, but I think that's a lot going on with the branches." She shrugged.

Her attention moved to the door after she quickly sputtered out her opinion and thoughts on the sigil matter. "Either way, let's just....deal with this quickly! I get the feeling that whatever is behind that door isn't going to be nice and wait for much longer."

smerdle

everyone else
I probably shot over a bunch of stuff with this post, but...here's Junie's opinion on the matter. So sorry I am slow!

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:01 am
Darcie O'Hare
Void
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility
HP 19

Darcie felt the desperation. Time was running out, and what was she doing to help? Standing there. Darcie's eyes widened as someone mentioned the looming horror. Pointing it out seemed to just make it worse. When they were all silent she could at least try very hard to pretend it didn't exist. But it hit her, the monster, thing, beast, was real, and they were working on her very real world, the one she was born in. Darcie thought it was a joke, but someone mentioned opening the door, to keep the beast away just a bit longer. At this point Darcie wasn't sure if it was a joke, or an actual comment, but it was something. She responded to the girl who said it, "Hey, show me the door and ill try and buy us some time." It sounded a lot better in her head, the fear in her throat kinda ruined the look she was going for.

cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces