Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:01 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch) - Tuesday @ 3:00pm

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object, while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely, you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together, before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around. It doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

With: my second year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---

Miss GryffindorK
Gideon Reid, Gryffindor : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Cara MiaKitty
Ivy Bishop, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports
Jasmine Pierce, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Emma Bailey, Hufflepuff : 1/3 || 0 Reports

mc2
Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

EmrysStorm
Anna-Marie Curts, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Graydon Ironshield
Hannah Grey, Hufflepuff : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
Savannah Hastings, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
Rhys Hamilton-Blake, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports
Michelyn Whitethorne, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

amo10690
Annabelle Davenport, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
Kyson Macclellan, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:49 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

After being sneered at by Rhys in her last Flying class, Hannah was a little wary about being seen as ignorant or foolish, even though her other classmates stuck up for her, and Professor Price called the Ravenclaw boy out for being so mean-spirited. Of course, after his antics in Herbology, she started to wonder if Rhys had some sort of death-wish. However, here, she could show she was capable of being a good flyer, and Rhys wouldn't have a comeback unless he could show he could out-fly the rest of the class. Hannah didn't figure she was the best flyer around (there were plenty of students way better than she), but she hoped she could be good enough next term to make the Hufflepuff first team.

"I'll give it a shot, Professor," Hannah volunteered. Mounting her broomstick, Hannah pushed off from the ground, and then circled about so her teacher would get a good angle to watch. Leaning over, she corkscrewed through the air a couple times before becoming upright again, and then stopping, hovering in place over the pitch, a happy expression on her face, and a blush of excitement in her cheeks.

User ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:49 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                        Location : Advanced Flying - Tuesday @ 3:00pm

Emma followed Hannah to advanced flying hoping Rhys would be a jerk in class. She wasn’t the type to hold grudges but honestly she wished he wouldn’t be so mean. Maybe it was a phase but Emma couldn’t be sure, besides he shouldn’t be taking things out on everybody. Holding her broom the Hufflepuff smiled at her uncle as she remained alert. Listening to what they were doing she recalled seeing barrel rolls being done on the Quidditch pitch during games. She thought about how it would work as Professor Price explained it.

Watching his demonstration Emma thought she could do did. When he asked who wanted to give it a shot, Hannah went for it. Emma watched her friend and housemate do a really awesome job. Hopefully she could do it the same way. “That was great Hannah.” Emma said with a smile. “Well done excellent job, 10 points for Hufflepuff.” Landon told her with a smile. “Who wants to go next?” He asked with a smile. “I will.” Emma said jumping at the chance to get into the air.

Hovering over the ground, Emma went up into the air before getting a good lane way. Going full speed the Hufflepuff held on tight, locked herself in and spun herself around. Rotating a few too many times in the air she got herself upright again a bit wobbly. “Wow… I’m okay… maybe a little less spinning...” she commented a little dizzy.

Status: Happy... a tad dizzy
                                                        With: Class... Hannah & my uncle

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:59 am
User Image
User Image

Liam slipped in behind a few other students that had already gathered on the pitch for the day's lesson, and waiting for Professor Price to begin. When he announced that the lesson for the day was a simple barrel roll, the Ravenclaw could not have been more excited. With this being his second year on the quidditch team, even as a reserve player, he had already had extensive practice doing all sorts of maneuvers.

After a couple of the other students gave the roll a try, Liam stepped forward quietly and gave the professor a quick smile.
"I wouldn't mind illustrating my experience with this maneuver, Professor." Without hesitation, the eagle took flight, circling the group of students once before leaning to his left and rolling rhythmically to the side—once, and then two consecutive times—while still maintaining his circular course of flight. He decelerated with ease and gently landed in the same spot he had been standing just a moment ago.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:07 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch) - Tuesday @ 3:00pm

Landon was pretty sure that his class would be able to pull this off. He had a good bunch of kids this year that he knew would be able to do it. “Good afternoon class, today we will be learning how to stand on our brooms.” He told them. “So like always come get a broom if you don’t have one and listen up.” He instructed with a smile. “It requires a great deal of balance so for this class we’ll start with simply hovering, after that we'll move onto actual movement while maintaining balance.” Landon added. “Now, holding onto your broom with both hands, position one foot on your broom in front of you, from there keep a steady balance and place your other foot behind that one.” He explained, while doing so he demonstrated along with his words. “When you’re sure you have a good firm balance let go and then you can straighten yourself up.” he finished standing on his broom as it hovered above the ground. “Now, have at it and take your time this isn’t a competition.” He added hoping they would keep that in mind.

Miss GryffindorK
Gideon Reid, Gryffindor : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Cara MiaKitty
Ivy Bishop, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports
Jasmine Pierce, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Emma Bailey, Hufflepuff : 2/3 || 0 Reports

mc2
Mordred Sefton, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

EmrysStorm
Anna-Marie Curts, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Graydon Ironshield
Hannah Grey, Hufflepuff : 2/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
Savannah Hastings, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
Rhys Hamilton-Blake, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports
Michelyn Whitethorne, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

amo10690
Annabelle Davenport, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
Kyson Macclellan, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Porcelaine Ivory
Liam Cade, Ravenclaw: 1/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:22 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Hannah was understandably nervous about this lesson on the pitch. Her cousin explained to her this was less a test of one's confidence and coordination and more a test of one's absolute mastery over their broomstick. If their bond with their mount was anything less than complete they would surely tumble to the ground. It was one reason why Linny would never fly a school broomstick unless she had no choice. School-issue broomsticks were flown by so many students there was no way a complete bonding could be accomplished, at least not in the way one could be achieved with one which knew but one owner. Hannah thought her cousin overstated things, but she expected this from Linny. Even so ...

"I'll give it a try, Professor," Hannah offered with a tone which betrayed her nervousness. Swallowing hard, she mounted her broomstick and touched off from the ground. She floated up a few feet off the ground, and hovered in place, reasoning there was no point in going up any higher than necessary for this exercise. As she was about to swing her legs up, a gust of wind caused her broomstick to slew sideways, and she gripped her broomstick tightly, as she was almost pitched from her perch.

When she was a little less concerned she might be blown off of her broomstick, Hannah swung her legs up, placing her small feet on her mount. Carefully she maneuvered her slim body until she was crouched on her broom, her legs under her, and she sucked in her breath as she let go her hold on it. Hannah whipped out her hands to either side of her, her arms out to try keeping her balance as she slowly unbent her knees. She visibly shook as she carefully stood up, like a gymnast rising up on a balance beam, and didn't release her breath until she stood fully upright atop her broomstick.

User ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:16 am
New Year 2032 - 2033

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:20 am
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Tuesday @ 3:00pm

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to seeing what students would be taking his class. It was always interesting to see. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone, I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, moving on to something more fun, since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." Landon instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here, but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwards." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

Yukina101
                                    Catheryn Blake, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Diantha Warlow, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Raymond Yuko, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry
                                    Aimee McHalen, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Brandon Davenport, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Leon McGregor, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
                                    Kimberly Umber, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
                                    Jacob Evanson, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Jonathan Evanson, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:45 am
When the monsters are sleeping under your bed;
They've crawled out from under and into your head!
And outside the carcass, into your skin...
And you need someone to keep it like it's said-
Your wishes into the air.
So someone listens, someone is there,
And you won't know anything about it...
Until you have to live without it.

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ second year │ halfblood

Di had enjoyed Flying class last year, and didn't have any doubts that she'd also like Advanced Flying. "I'm Diantha Warlow, of Ravenclaw House. I enjoyed Flying last year, and I'd like to be on my house's quidditch team at some point, so I thought taking this class would e a good idea. ...I'd like to play chaser," she admitted. Tad had played keeper while he was at Hogwarts, and Isolde chaser.

OOC:
Username

Chasing the fire for you, light in the nightmare-
Watching from high above you...
If you can make it, then the sun will rise!
It doesn't matter if you closed your eyes!
Before you wake up, I'll keep you safe tonight.
'Cause I am a warrior and I'll fight, I'll fight;
The wheels are moving behind your face.
Your arms are directing the time and the place.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:56 am
She just wants to be, beautiful
She goes, unnoticed she knows, no limits
She craves, attention she praises, an image
She prays to be, sculpted by the sculptor
Oh, she don't see, the light that's shining
User Image
User Image

αɢє 12 | αםvєитυяєя | sℓчтнєяιи sєcσиם чєαя

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty was excited to have another class besides herbology outside and she couldn't wait until next year when she took comc to have another one. Though this one would probably be her favorite since she got to fly and everything. She grinned brightly when she saw that Di was already there and sidled up beside her friend. She then turned her attention to the professor as he explained the class and its rules before asking for their introductions. After her friend went she raised her hand so she could go next. "I'm Caty Blake, Slytherin, and I want to take this class to get better at flying and because I want to play Quidditch for my house team. I want to play seeker but last year I was a reserve keeper." she answered brightly.ஐﻬ

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deeper than the eyes can find it
Maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain, and cuddle woes away
Cause covergirls don't cry, after their face is made

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:57 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Second Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond headed to the pitch where he would learn the skills to fly. However, he was suddenly displeased when he saw Dia and Caty. They both hated his guts it seemed for something he had no control over. It only happened two days again but it felt like the whole world hated him except for Nike and Ralph. Regardless he was there and in class ready to try and enjoy himself despite what everyone else thought.

Listening to how things worked in the class it was a simple list of rules. All the common things really, nothing Raymond needed to concern himself with. What he needed to worry about was introductions... nothing like putting the spotlight on him with the state of things. "Raymond Yuko, usually go by Ray. I'm in Slytherin and I took the class because I wanted a reason to come outside more." He said before adding. "As for Quidditch... I'm only trying to be a Chaser for my house team because I was talked into trying it. So I don't know how long I'll be playing for." As blunt as he was being it was quick and simple. It wasn't like anyone cared anyways.

Status: How many people took this class who hate me...?
                                                  With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:58 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon listened to his students with smile. Diantha wanted to be chaser for Ravenclaw and Caty wanted to be Seeker for Slytherin but ended up playing Keeper the previous year. Then there was Raymond a boy who seemed to be doing all of this for something to do. Whatever the reason, he'd help him be a good Chaser if that's the position he wanted to play. "I'm glad so many of you want to play for your teams. I can grantee in the next two years I'll have you set for any position you want to play." He told them brightly before moving on to the boring lecture that was planned for first class. Better to get the boring stuff out of the way first Landon felt like.

“For the rest of today we will be discussing our first topic, which is the basics of Quidditch. So sadly that means no flying today. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes. If not I can provide you with such.” Landon told the class as he held up some parchment and self-inking quills. “So the game set up is, two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and a Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts, while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

"For those that do not know, this ball here is a Quaffle." Landon said holding the red ball up to show them. "The cannon ball like ones are the bludgers, those would be the ones trying to get out of the chest at the moment.” He told them with a chuckle. “As for the snitch that's this one." He added pulling out the golden snitch and holding it between two fingers. "This ball usually wins you the game. As for right now it might look pretty but it's extremely fast and impossible to spot once it gets moving." He assured them.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over. Also for those that don’t know, there are no substitutions in the game unless someone is knocked out, or it has been over a certain time period without the snitch being caught.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms if you got have one.”

OOC: - - -

Yukina101
                                    Catheryn Blake, Slytherin : 1/3 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Diantha Warlow, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Raymond Yuko, Slytherin : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:34 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object, while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely, you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together, before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around. It doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

OOC: - - -

Yukina101
                                    Catheryn Blake, Slytherin : 1/3 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Diantha Warlow, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Raymond Yuko, Slytherin : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:32 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Second Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond walked onto the field ready for whatever crazy plan Professor Price had. He didn't know what it was but hey at least he was there and ready for class. As class got started he listened to the plan. They were doing barrel rolls... Watching Raymond didn't want to mess this up. No, he wasn't about to screw up the first maneuver.

As Professor Landon asked for who wanted to give it a try, well Raymond knew he'd have to get it over with. "I'll go..." He said when no one else did. What was to be afraid of? Getting onto his broom, Raymond took a long run before leaning hard to the side. I rotated quite a bit before wobbling back upright. His figures were almost white holding on so tight. Maybe going upside down was worse then he thought. Landing back down he hoped he did well enough.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:04 pm
New Year 2033 - 2034

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  
Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff