Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Main Forum
I joined! ...Now what? Meeting, greeting, and direction Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite part of the hobby?
  The gaming!
  The painting and modeling!
  The literature and background!
  The people! You guys are awesome!
  Everything! I can't choose!
View Results

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:06 pm
The cookies were just that good.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:16 pm
Catling_Gunn
Latex Goddess Xahria
]

Tell that to Xena lol

Winged, Darksoul, Warpsight, Warp Eater, Magnificent Horns, and a Tail upon Apotheosis (for purposes of RP it was not a tentacle despite being aligned to Slaanesh)

My gear included, a custom made (courtesy of our designated Heretek) Double Bladed Force Sword (which later i bound a daemon to, and upon apotheosis, consumed the daemon within), Xenos hide armour, with Psychic hood, Displacer Field (a truly wicked field to have), Synskin, and Mesh Cowl

Daemon Weapon traits
Accursed, Impervious, Impossibly Sharp, Swiftness, Shrieking

I like the risk of low binding strength for more power potential ;3

I had (at least on my Khorne side): Winged, Burning Body, Hand of Khorne, Steel Hearted, Slayer Limb with a power sword (it was unfortunately forcibly removed by an inquisitor early on), Daemon Name, and Daemon Weapon- a power scythe bound with the soul of a Bloodletter.

Gear: Power Armor special made to fit my wings, the power scythe, some Dark Eldar weaponry including 2 demiklaives and an agonizer, Khorne blessed bolter, my trusty chain sword from the beginning of the game (it had sentimental value), and a Displacer Field.

I also took the traits Blood God's Contempt and Frenzy, which saw me through many an encounter.

Edit: We might have meta-gamed slightly in order to get a party together. Basically, an evil inquisitor rounded us all up, put chips in our brains, and threatened to kill all of us unless we played nicely and did bad things for him. That's not to say that we all got along spectacularly. My only friend in the group was unaligned and really good at Critical Hitting things.

Missy... have you ever seen Lightning attack combined with a Force weapon?

lol

Assassin Strike was nice to have
Combat Master was beautiful particularly for diving into a fight
Hard Target was perfect

Everyone in the group was afraid of me because i could kill just about anything that crossed my path

I convinced the population of a planet to turn against their Imperial masters leading to planet wide revolution

Hardcore roleplaying for the win
That moment the GM doesnt know what to say to counter your characters' public speech.

Oh and the greatest moment ever... where i crashed our Party's Voidship, killing the entire crew, along with my party, and the action itself triggering my apotheosis allowing me to survive XD  

Latex Goddess Xahria

Obsessive Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:06 am
Latex Goddess Xahria
Oh and the greatest moment ever... where i crashed our Party's Voidship, killing the entire crew, along with my party, and the action itself triggering my apotheosis allowing me to survive XD
Out of curiosity, was the rest of the party okay with this though?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:17 am
Latex Goddess Xahria

lol

Hard Target was perfect

Everyone in the group was afraid of me because i could kill just about anything that crossed my path

I convinced the population of a planet to turn against their Imperial masters leading to planet wide revolution

That moment the GM doesnt know what to say to counter your characters' public speech.

Oh, I had a lot of those types of traits too. Basically anything that had melee abilities I bought up as quick as I could. Frenzy just made it so that by late game I could literally never miss. So nice.

The split personality thing gave my character a good handicap though. I would switch every time I rolled a multiple of 10. Once I switched, I'd have to "forget" everything that had just happened as the previous personality. Also, there was the lovely aspect of the two sides hating each other and trying to find ways of becoming dominant. Once my psyker teammates learned reprogram things got interesting.

The best moment, which is also kind of the worst moment, was when our party had been captured and taken to the enemy stronghold. While being my devious Tzeentchian self, I had managed to convince the captain of the guard that I was in fact the good guy. He came to see me in my cell and detailed a whole escape plan, giving me keys and a map and telling me which guards were in on it. As he was leaving to let me go about my business, I rolled to see if I recognized him from somewhere. Low and behold, I rolled like a 20 and switched. So there I was, my Khornate half, standing in a cell which I didn't remember being put into, with a map in my hand, the cell door wide open, and a guard discretely nodding at me. Talk about the roleplay opportunity.

Fear is nice to have, but I think it would be a little off balance to have one member of the party be the feared one. Everyone should be powerful cultists in their own right, capable of doing damage in their own preferred way. Aerona (my Khornate half) liked to stab things. Maeve (my Tzeentchina half) liked to plot and gather minions. Maeve was physically mediocre, but she had smarts and could turn people against each other. Aerona was dumb as a box of rocks, but her swords would cut you down before any questions were asked. We had powerful psykers with dark pasts and a renegade with eight arms and as many guns but a penchant for hurting himself as he exploded everything around him. We could all kill and be killed. There was a balance within the chaos that ensured we could all have our badass moments without shutting everyone else down, without showing up our rl friends and in game comrades.  

Khissa_Kitten

Stubborn Doll

16,175 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100

Latex Goddess Xahria

Obsessive Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:31 pm
BrookM
Latex Goddess Xahria
Out of curiosity, was the rest of the party okay with this though?

It was going down anyway, figured we would aim it at the Imperial spaceport on the planets surface.... and i had the highest Fellowship value (aka Leadership)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:46 pm
Catling_Gunn
Latex Goddess Xahria

lol

Hard Target was perfect

Oh, I had a lot of those types of traits too. Basically anything that had melee abilities I bought up as quick as I could. Frenzy just made it so that by late game I could literally never miss. So nice.

The split personality thing gave my character a good handicap though. I would switch every time I rolled a multiple of 10. Once I switched, I'd have to "forget" everything that had just happened as the previous personality. Also, there was the lovely aspect of the two sides hating each other and trying to find ways of becoming dominant. Once my psyker teammates learned reprogram things got interesting.

The best moment, which is also kind of the worst moment, was when our party had been captured and taken to the enemy stronghold. While being my devious Tzeentchian self, I had managed to convince the captain of the guard that I was in fact the good guy. He came to see me in my cell and detailed a whole escape plan, giving me keys and a map and telling me which guards were in on it. As he was leaving to let me go about my business, I rolled to see if I recognized him from somewhere. Low and behold, I rolled like a 20 and switched. So there I was, my Khornate half, standing in a cell which I didn't remember being put into, with a map in my hand, the cell door wide open, and a guard discretely nodding at me. Talk about the roleplay opportunity.

Fear is nice to have, but I think it would be a little off balance to have one member of the party be the feared one. Everyone should be powerful cultists in their own right, capable of doing damage in their own preferred way. Aerona (my Khornate half) liked to stab things. Maeve (my Tzeentchina half) liked to plot and gather minions. Maeve was physically mediocre, but she had smarts and could turn people against each other. Aerona was dumb as a box of rocks, but her swords would cut you down before any questions were asked. We had powerful psykers with dark pasts and a renegade with eight arms and as many guns but a penchant for hurting himself as he exploded everything around him. We could all kill and be killed. There was a balance within the chaos that ensured we could all have our badass moments without shutting everyone else down, without showing up our rl friends and in game comrades.

One word...

Hubris

My character had the Disgrace personality trait, known as, Hubris. Any challenge, any opposition any threat was taken in stride.

Hence why there is now a record of a squad of Grey Knight Terminators being reduced to a puddle of molten slag.

There was also the lovely incident where the GM took control of my character by forcing a hallucination upon her, via GM shenanigans, and through the GM rolling the dice FOR my character, wiped out every enemy target in a fortress...

A FORTRESS

I had my badass moments in a combat and leadership sense.

One member of the party overloaded a powerplant, and the resulting fallout mutated the population of a city (that planet that i rallied into revolution)

We had an Apostate pose as a Commissar, and execute any Imperial forces that did not engage me in combat, and that same Apostate got into the inner circle of an inquisitor.

Our Heretek constructed a Dreadnaught out of scrap metal

And our Renegade... well... he was just really damn funny.

He once pissed my character off by punching her in the back of the head, and then ducking under a camo cloak.

I rolled so poorly on the perception test to find him that my character literally just turned around and looked right over his head as he ducked below her shoulder level.  

Latex Goddess Xahria

Obsessive Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Khissa_Kitten

Stubborn Doll

16,175 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:54 am
Latex Goddess Xahria

One word...

Hubris

My character had the Disgrace personality trait, known as, Hubris. Any challenge, any opposition any threat was taken in stride.

Hence why there is now a record of a squad of Grey Knight Terminators being reduced to a puddle of molten slag.

There was also the lovely incident where the GM took control of my character by forcing a hallucination upon her, via GM shenanigans, and through the GM rolling the dice FOR my character, wiped out every enemy target in a fortress...

A FORTRESS

I had my badass moments in a combat and leadership sense.

One member of the party overloaded a powerplant, and the resulting fallout mutated the population of a city (that planet that i rallied into revolution)

We had an Apostate pose as a Commissar, and execute any Imperial forces that did not engage me in combat, and that same Apostate got into the inner circle of an inquisitor.

Our Heretek constructed a Dreadnaught out of scrap metal

And our Renegade... well... he was just really damn funny.

He once pissed my character off by punching her in the back of the head, and then ducking under a camo cloak.

I rolled so poorly on the perception test to find him that my character literally just turned around and looked right over his head as he ducked below her shoulder level.

Sorry, but the way you phrased it earlier- "everyone in the group was afraid of me"- made it sound like you were overpowered in contrast to your teammates. Which would make a group unbalanced. But each campaign is different, and it sounds like yours was pretty kick a**. smile

As for us, we started pretty small. We were all low level, with low level goals of home invasions and poisoning water supplies. It wasn't for awhile that we could do fun, amazing things like taking down armies or destroying planets. It was a good journey though. And it felt really good when the bitchy inquisitor who had originally written us off as a bunch of chumps (which in fairness, we had been), finally realized how wrong she was. Dead wrong...

Finally at the end of the campaign I ran into a warp gate, became full Daemon Princess with my gunner buddy, and went to face both our over bearing evil inquisitor and the Daemon Prince who had been popping in and out of our lives for months plus their respective armies. It was a good two-part ending.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:42 pm
hi everyone, I just joined but I have no clue where to go from here due to I only played the games for the PC XP  

unlimited blades

5,475 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:33 pm
Which games have you played? Space Marine? Dawn of War? Winter Assault? Dark Crusade? Soul Storm?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:51 pm
Sean King
Which games have you played? Space Marine? Dawn of War? Winter Assault? Dark Crusade? Soul Storm?
would you be surprised that I say all the above.  

unlimited blades

5,475 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:23 pm
Not really.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:25 pm
Did you also play Fire Warrior? ninja  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:30 pm
Vikki Stardust
Stealin' my thunder...

How about Space Hulk or Storm of Vengeance?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:36 pm
DarkElf27
Vikki Stardust
Stealin' my thunder...

How about Space Hulk or Storm of Vengeance?

sadly no, the only versions I played were on the PC then the one on the 360 system witch was the space marines game.  

unlimited blades

5,475 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:42 pm
Hi I'm Sayla, and a friend of mine got me hooked on the WH40K lore. I've played the roleplaying games, mainly Rogue Trader and Only War, never got into the tabletop but I do appreciate the skill it takes to paint those things. xp  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff