Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:10 am
Asian_Slipknot
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

I believe Sarusu can take a Sacred Spawning, as can Lords. 2 for the lords and 2 Infantry units with the Dispel Marking can generate 4 Dice, making 6. Not much, but still...

Or just stick with 4 units with the marks along with the 2 Hero's, for a grand total of 8 Dispel dice, which MAY be okay at 4K points.

With just 2 Dispel, even Ogres will own the magic phase...
True, but I dont face much magic in my games, though with a Teezncth lord and greater demon comming up soon, I think I'll take a few sacred spwanings of the dispelling variatey. I also have a Sarus mounted on cold one hero, which once I get the book, will probly the most tooled out hero I will ever own, barring a orge

Who will be killed in a challenge because a lucky hit made him WS1 and auto-strike last. Then procede to take 4 attacks needing 3's to hit and 3's to wound.
I'm not too worried about that xp

Well he can always spend 25 points for the sword of the hornet, which i prefer because it allows him to strike against many units first seeing that he has a lame initiativeof 3.
Maybe, I'm going to have to get the dex to figure all this stuff out  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Asian_Slipknot
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

I believe Sarusu can take a Sacred Spawning, as can Lords. 2 for the lords and 2 Infantry units with the Dispel Marking can generate 4 Dice, making 6. Not much, but still...

Or just stick with 4 units with the marks along with the 2 Hero's, for a grand total of 8 Dispel dice, which MAY be okay at 4K points.

True, but I dont face much magic in my games, though with a Teezncth lord and greater demon comming up soon, I think I'll take a few sacred spwanings of the dispelling variatey. I also have a Sarus mounted on cold one hero, which once I get the book, will probly the most tooled out hero I will ever own, barring a orge

Who will be killed in a challenge because a lucky hit made him WS1 and auto-strike last. Then procede to take 4 attacks needing 3's to hit and 3's to wound.

Well he can always spend 25 points for the sword of the hornet, which i prefer because it allows him to strike against many units first seeing that he has a lame initiativeof 3.

Eadbut, Borgut Special Rule, Challenge only. Before ANY other attacks are made at the beginning of the challenge, Borgut makes a single attack. If this attack hits it counts as S7. If this attack wounds and the opponnent fails his save, he automatically strikes last and at WS1, regardless of other Bonus'. After that, you got a character with a WS5 (3's to hit now), S 6 (3's to Wound), 4 attacks (So 2 hits, 1-2 wounds), and a 1+ save that he can re-roll. Assuming you survive, I believe an Old Blood (Hero) is WS5 (May be 6, which it probably is). 3 Attacks, of which 2 will hit on average. 4's to wound (Borgut is T5). Thus, one wound on Borgut. Borgut takes a 3+ save, with a re-roll. Even if it failed, both caused at least 1 wound (Assuming Borguts attacks didn't kill the Champion before he attacks). Borgut is a beast in challenges. Plus the fact that his whole unit will probably have equal stats for the most part as a Saurus Warriors unit (Everything will have WS4, S &T 4, 2 attacks each for their equips), the fact that Orcs are cheaper then Saurus, and you get something that beats the leader.

Then again, goes to show that you need Borgut with a Unit of Big'Uns to beat a Saurus Hero/Lord, on average... Lizards are pretty tough.

You may want some Chameleon skinks, Redd, as the Scout and new shooting rules mean any non-united Wizard will be mincemeat (Unless it's a Tzeentch).  

Drachyench

Daicon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:37 pm
Well, and Old-Blood is a Lord choice... Scar-Vet's are your Saurus hero. They do have WS 5 as you first stated, but they have 4 attacks, and not 3. Combine this with the Blessed Spawing of Sotek and... I forget the name of the weapon now but it confers +3 attacks. Mount that Scar-Vet on a Cold One and we now have one beast of a Hero charging in with 8 attacks at strength five. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:42 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Asian_Slipknot
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Eadbut, Borgut Special Rule, Challenge only. Before ANY other attacks are made at the beginning of the challenge, Borgut makes a single attack. If this attack hits it counts as S7. If this attack wounds and the opponnent fails his save, he automatically strikes last and at WS1, regardless of other Bonus'. After that, you got a character with a WS5 (3's to hit now), S 6 (3's to Wound), 4 attacks (So 2 hits, 1-2 wounds), and a 1+ save that he can re-roll. Assuming you survive, I believe an Old Blood (Hero) is WS5 (May be 6, which it probably is). 3 Attacks, of which 2 will hit on average. 4's to wound (Borgut is T5). Thus, one wound on Borgut. Borgut takes a 3+ save, with a re-roll. Even if it failed, both caused at least 1 wound (Assuming Borguts attacks didn't kill the Champion before he attacks). Borgut is a beast in challenges. Plus the fact that his whole unit will probably have equal stats for the most part as a Saurus Warriors unit (Everything will have WS4, S &T 4, 2 attacks each for their equips), the fact that Orcs are cheaper then Saurus, and you get something that beats the leader.

Then again, goes to show that you need Borgut with a Unit of Big'Uns to beat a Saurus Hero/Lord, on average... Lizards are pretty tough.

You may want some Chameleon skinks, Redd, as the Scout and new shooting rules mean any non-united Wizard will be mincemeat (Unless it's a Tzeentch).

"If this attack wounds and the opponnent fails his save, he automatically strikes last and at WS1"

Does that mean that he attacks at WS1, but can defend with his normal WS?  

Lethkhar

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:15 pm
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Asian_Slipknot
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal

"If this attack wounds and the opponnent fails his save, he automatically strikes last and at WS1"

Does that mean that he attacks at WS1, but can defend with his normal WS?

Means, for the round of the combat the 'eadbut hit, that the Hero hit is WS 1 for both hitting and being hit. Thus, he'd need 5's to hit Borgut.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:05 pm
I am thinking of taking some skinks. And my Old blood will have the flaming weapon, meaning no saves!  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:21 am
Reddemon
I am thinking of taking some skinks. And my Old blood will have the flaming weapon, meaning no saves!

No saves? You mean no Regeneration, right?

Flaming only negates regen, if it negated Saves, Bretonian archers would be the perfect chosen killers.

But yeah, skinks work quite well.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:21 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

Flaming only negates regen, if it negated Saves, Bretonian archers would be the perfect chosen killers.

I thought it did XD  

Reddemon

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:44 pm
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

I thought it did XD

No the flaming weapon you seek also gives you two additional -2 to armour saves, meaning with S 5 you have -4 armour saves, making the armour save modifier effectively strength 7. All troop armour is gone, and even the best armour isn't as effective.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:47 am
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

I thought it did XD

No the flaming weapon you seek also gives you two additional -2 to armour saves, meaning with S 5 you have -4 armour saves, making the armour save modifier effectively strength 7. All troop armour is gone, and even the best armour isn't as effective.

That's where Ward Saves and Re-Rolls come in. XP 1 - 4 = 5+, with a reroll. Plus Ward saves can be nice.

Yeah, only problem with Saurus is they're expensive, I believe.

+3 Attacks? Jeeze, most armies either get a +2 (For 50 magic points!) or a D6 additional (At 75-100). Saurus can be cheesy. Ah well, my response? Charge mah Nightgoblins with fanatics.

Or the WS 7 S6 Skarsnic. That's fine too.  

Drachyench

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:06 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

I thought it did XD

That's where Ward Saves and Re-Rolls come in. XP 1 - 4 = 5+, with a reroll. Plus Ward saves can be nice.

+3 Attacks? Jeeze, most armies either get a +2 (For 50 magic points!) or a D6 additional (At 75-100). Saurus can be cheesy. Ah well, my response? Charge mah Nightgoblins with fanatics.

Well, he could easily magic that unit to death, and blowpipe the fanatic, they are only immune to close combat hits, not shooting.

On a Carnosaur a Saurus Old Blood can deal with any Orc on equal, if not better footing. This is taking to account the Orc is riding something too, if it isn't, its simply gone.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:42 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Drachyench_The_Eternal
EliotJamesRookwood
Reddemon
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Reddemon

I thought it did XD

Well, he could easily magic that unit to death, and blowpipe the fanatic, they are only immune to close combat hits, not shooting.

On a Carnosaur a Saurus Old Blood can deal with any Orc on equal, if not better footing. This is taking to account the Orc is riding something too, if it isn't, its simply gone.
What about a Wyvren?  

Reddemon

Daicon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:01 pm
A carnosaur would tear a Wyvern apart thanks to it's Ultimate Predator special rule. All wounds become d3 wounds against large targets. XD Eat that.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:30 pm
Good, as a buddy of mine wants a Black orc on Wyvern. Now I can have the sword of strength and the fire blade on my hero right? And being mounted adds to his armour I think. I've only ever played hiem, so I'm not 100% on all the fanasty rules  

Reddemon

Drachyench

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
Reddemon
Good, as a buddy of mine wants a Black orc on Wyvern. Now I can have the sword of strength and the fire blade on my hero right? And being mounted adds to his armour I think. I've only ever played hiem, so I'm not 100% on all the fanasty rules

If your friend was smart, he'd not charge that knowing how dangerous it'd be. he'd fly the Wyvern 20" a turn and either block charges, or get decent flank/rear charges, negating ranks with his Unit Strength 5/6 and use his Terror.

If you get into combat uninjured though with the hero (Meaning no Fanatics or Spear Chukka's hit you), by average stats, you should win.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff