Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
History of Magic III (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:03 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
                                            "Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: Fresh new year!
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Dani was looking forward to coming back to the History of Magic class, and glad to see Professor Powell again. She smiled softly, and said, "Hello, Professor. Did you have a nice summer?"

Once she took her seat, up in the front row, the Professor started the class by reviewing topics covered last year. Dani raised her hand, and replied to him, "We discussed the three items which make up the Deathly Hallows: the Cloak of Invisibility, the Resurrection Stone, and the Elder Wand."

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:13 am
We have a flair for the shade and the inbetween...
We like to run with the wolves from the darker scene!
When we turn the safety off, the shots are automatic...
All our friends tell their friends we're so dramatic!
We'll have you wrapped around our trigger finger.
Clean key yellow, you're the target for our stinger!
We'll make you flinch, make it hurt just a little...
We're the boys and the girls and the freaks in the middle!

Please keep your victory: Bored
Just give me little death: ....
I know that you're afraid of: Third Years
What I might be made of: History of Magic

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | S L Y T H E R I N | T H I R D Y E A R User Image

Morven still found this class incredibly boring, unless everyone decided to get their panties in a twist about something someone said; then it was interesting alright. She didn't answer giving the blonde Gryffindor, Dani, a bit of a look. She was always smiling at the professor, and Morven was sure it was either a major case of teacher's pet or a major case of crushing-on-the-teacher. The man couldn't even seem to find his own wand, not that he probably ever used it. Morven did not see where the attraction was.

IF YOU WANT TO RULE THE WORLD, YOU'VE GOT TO STOP PRETENDING.

We know the halls you walk are unforgiving.
It's not the kind of place to find your place among the living.
We have a plan, we've got the means for your liberation...
You'll only have to blur the lines on a few occasions...
We have the cure for your crisis, never patent pending!
If you come along with us the doors are never ending!
If you want to rule the world you've got to stop pretending!
We're the boys and the girls and the freaks in the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:32 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx αяιαηα εℓωσσ∂ xx███████xxxxalways forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Hufflepuff | | Single | | Metamorphmagus

Ariana skipped into History of Magic, while it wasn't one of her favourite classes and felt like falling asleep every single time she had it, she was altogether just excited to be back at Hogwarts. She took her set and set her head on her hands as she searched around the room not really knowing what to do. She tended to pay little attention to this class at most points, and she couldn't quite remember what they had learned the previous year. Sitting there quietly was better than saying something completely wrong, after all.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:30 am
User Image

Cathy

❤ I was born on August 3, 2014.
❤ My blood is B+. Sorry you care about how 'pure' it is? I am pureblood, my father is a Squib. Does it matter?
❤ Do you still want to know more about me?
❤ Oh, and my big brother is a 5th year Ravenclaw.

❤ My directions say I am... {in History of Magic III}
❤ My time on the clock is Wednesday, Block 2
❤ And I am looking {like the adorable badger that I am!}

space

Unlike Dani, who Cathy was sure had a teacher crush on professor Powell, which was sort of adorable in a way, Cathy was happy to see Professor Powell because she loved the subject. And, also Professor Powell did favor her to some degree. Probably because she was one of the students who loved history and also compared to her brother who was always causing trouble in history, Cathy never caused trouble. Well there was that one time in first year but that was so not her fault.

Smiling she sat down beside Danica and said with a polite nod, "Good morning, Professor."

After Danica answered speaking on the Deathly Hallows, Cathy spoke up, "We also discussed the Ollivander Family which was a family full of famous wandmakers. They realized when they came to England-or what is England today-in about 382 BC with the Romans, they decided to improve on the current quality of the wands Britons used. Or at least improve in their opinion. Regardless the Ollivanders have made some brilliant wands throughout history."

(( OOC))
                                                          Quote:
                                                          Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:46 am
User Image
                                                I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli walked in and took a seat on the other side of Dani, noting that the class was again going over review. He didn't mind it, heck, some of the history was pretty weird, and the albino actually liked weird. He cupped his chin into one hand and listened as Powell asked about what subjects were covered over the last year. Dani and Cathy stated which subjects they discussed, and Eli tried not to yawn. However, when he heard no other answers forthcoming, he rose his hand and cleared his throat. "Umm, we talked about Beedle the Bard and his stories. Which seemed pretty cool. Especially the one with the hairy heart. Pretty sure if I tried to take my heart out, I'd die from blood loss or something before I could do anything else."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: History of Magic classroom
                                                Thinking: Wow, review, I almost wanna fall asleep.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:07 pm
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Third-year

"Having fun,"

Gunilda tiled her head; the story about the hairy heart was weird, but it had a point. Beedle the bard definitely had a creative streak that was for sure. Listening idly to the chatter about their previous lessons Gunilda soon found her eyes skimming the room boredly as she wondered what they would learn this year. Maybe there'd be another dramatic discussion like there was during the first year she had been here. At least the stories beedle the bard wrote were interesting, she supposed.

Shiggalo

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:57 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, looked around to see that everything was ready, and picked up a piece of chalk. He wrote on the chalkboard, and when finished, turned to regard the class as a whole.

Professor Powell
                                            Muggle Witch Burnings

"Hello class. Last time, we went over the subjects you studied last year to refresh any knowledge you may have lost over the summer. Today, we are going to go ahead and study the witch burnings of the 1600's.

"Now, as you are very well aware, muggles nowadays don't know about the wizarding world, due to either ignoring magic when they see it or passing it off as merely fantasy for children. However, that was not always the case. The International Statute of Secrecy was only enacted relatively recently within the last several centuries, which of course hides magic from the rest of the world.

"However, wizards and muggles did coexist at some point. For the greater bit of history, they worked together. However, at some point muggles began to distrust wizards, and some even began to fear them. It culminated into the infamous witch burnings that basically ran like wildfire across the world.

"The witch burnings weren't specific in who they targeted. Mostly, they actually persecuted other muggles who they believed to be a witch. Unfortunately, that wasn't always the case. Many of the witches and wizards they grabbed were muggleborn, and they were unfortunate in that most of the time when they were captured, it was due to uncontrollable acts of random magic they had performed.

"Contrary to the name, burning wasn't the only way they got rid of witches. Stoning, throwing them off cliffs, and even drownings were also considered to be acceptable ways to get rid of witches. Most witches and wizards who were caught actually didn't die, as they were able to cast some form of magic to get them out of the situation. One witch in particular found it quite fun to get caught. Wendolyn the Weird actually was caught a grand total of forty-seven times, mostly in different guises, because she found that the tickling sensation of casting a fire-freezing charm was actually enjoyable."

He sat at the edge of his desk as he regarded the class with a bit of a grin. "As I'm sure you have questions, please feel free to ask them, or if you wish to discuss it, that's perfectly fine too."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Hopefully no one decides to talk during lecture today and pays attention.
                                            OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:18 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Taking her usual front row seat in class, Dani started taking down notes as Professor Powell started his lecture on the Witch Burnings. When the time came, she raised her hand, and said, "Excuse me, Professor, I'd read somewhere Wendolyn was caught forty-seven times, but they actually attempted to burn her only fourteen, is that correct? I'd also heard many times the Muggles used the witch hysteria as an excuse to get rid of social and political rivals."

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:55 pm
x
x
x
x

x
                                    ████████████████xx αяιαηα εℓωσσ∂ xx███████xxxxalways forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so.

Ariana walked into class and took a seat next to her Gryffindor friend, Danica. They were going to learn about the Muggle Witch Trials, something that Ariana was mildly curious about. As Professor Powell began the lesson, Ariana took quick notes. While she was rather interested in the subject, she really didn't have any questions, so she stayed quiet and listened ot the other's questions.

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

-Fizztastic Rain-

Golden Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:49 am
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
"I like swimming,"

¦Gunilda Stone¦
Slytherin Third-year

"Having fun,"

Gunilda sat idly in her chair, writing down the odd note or two but otherwise bored of the subject at hand. Gazing at the board, she began to wonder if she should bother asking someone to this 'Yule Ball'- just who could she ask anyway? She didn't really know any of the boys in her year too well, but yet she somehow couldn't shake off the embarassment of going alone. What's with me? This isn't like me at all, I mean who cares if I go alone anyway? the slytherin sighed, and lazily noted something else down on her parchment. Well I guess it won't hurt to try asking someone, she admitted, but who? She wrote down a note and then idly looked around the room.

Shiggalo

Out Of Cauldrons:

"And trying my best"
º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:42 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, excited to get the class started. He quickly wrote the topic for the day upon the board, and then turned to face the students. He grinned at them, more comfortable with teaching than he had been at the beginning of the year.

Professor Powell
                                            Nicolas Flamel

"Hello again, class. Today the topic is Nicolas Flamel, renouned alchemist and quite possibly the longest lived wizard of all time.

"Nicolas Flamel (c. 1327 - c. 1992) was a well-known alchemist and only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with incredible powers. He was a close friend and partner with former Hogwarts School Headmaster Albus Dumbledore. He owed his considerable age to the Elixir of Life which he and his wife, Perenelle, created using the Stone. They were aged six hundred sixty-five and six hundred fifty-eight, respectively, at their time of deaths.

"Flamel is noted as an alchemist of considerable talent and as an opera-lover. It is said he enjoyed his later years living a quiet life in Devon. Although it is clear that he used the Elixir to greatly extend his life, it is not specified whether he used the Stone's powers to make himself greatly wealthy, as the Stone is also capable of turning any metal into gold.

"The danger of the Stone's existence was brought to light when Voldemort, with the help of Hogwarts Professor Quirinus Quirrell, was nearly successful in stealing it for the purpose of restoring Voldemort to physical form. However, his plan was thwarted by the efforts of Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley. Flamel agreed, along with Dumbledore, that the stone should be destroyed. With enough Elixir to set his affairs in order, it was expected that Flamel and his wife would die shortly thereafter.

"Now I know that some of you may have questions, so please feel free to ask them. However I do have a question for you. Would it be worth it to live forever and have endless amounts of money if you had the ability to do so?

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:47 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

As Dani pondered the question Professor Powell posed the words to an old song from an old movie came to her. The movie was 'Highlander', and the song was 'Who Wants to Live Forever?', and she remembered the scene where the immortal Highlander watched his beloved wife pass away, from old age.

'There's no time for us
                                                      There's no place for us
                                                      What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away
                                                      from us

Who wants to live forever
                                                      Who wants to live forever....?

There's no chance for us
                                                      It's all decided for us
                                                      This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever
                                                      Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever?
                                                      When love must die
                                                      '

Dani raised her hand, and replied, "Immortality would be a curse, Professor. Even if somebody was forever young, and had all the money they wanted, they would see all their friends and family grow old and died, while they remained unchanged. They would then see their children grow up, grow old and die, and then their grandchildren. One could live out the centuries, but wouldn't be able to have any kind of relationship, because it will not last."

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 am
x
x
x
x

x

Ariana walked into History of Magic and took a seat by Danica, rather curious as to what the lesson was going to be today. While she didn't usually enjoy History, she was still interested in the class. She looked up at the bored, confused as to who 'Nicholas Flamel' was, but also wondered if she had the attention span today to actually pay attention. Sure, she did most days, but she couldn't help being distracted sometimes. She half-listened to the lecture on Flamel and the Philosopher's Stone, but only really caught the question that Professor Powell asked at the end. Ariana looked over to Danica as she answered, thinking about it herself before raising her hand. "Ya'know, I think Dani's right. I mean, sure, you'd be able to get anything you wanted in the world maybe, and you would never have to grow up...but what a lonely life it would be... I mean, it's like the story of Peter Pan, the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up...he could stay young forever as long as he stayed in Neverland, however when he made friends with Wendy, John, and Micheal, but then has to watch as Wendy and the boys slowly grow older while he stays a child..." She went on, shrugging a bit. "I know I certainly wouldn't want to live such a sad and lonely life..." She murmured, looking down at her desk.

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:45 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson lowered his book as students started to enter the class. He looked over them all, curious as to how they would take the class. On one hand, there were those that found the class to be quite boring, and on the other hand, there were those that found, like himself, that history was full of intrigue, if they looked through it properly. At least that was how he viewed it. More than likely, the majority would find this class boring and move on, but he hoped that there were a few that he'd be able spark a bit of interest in the subject.

He stood, placing the book he'd been reading down.
                                            "Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As you all have had an entire summer to empty your heads of all that you may have learned over the last year, as well as give me a good chance to refresh your knowledge, today we will review what you have learned in the subject over the last year, before we go on to this year's topics. Please answer one at a time, and only cover one topic. That way, we can hopefully get everyone's participation in the class."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: How much do they remember from last year?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out