Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Different Types of Vegetarianism! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This Old Oscillator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 am
Silverleaf28
Evil Karma Angel
Could you clarify your definition of "Meat"? As far as I know, if it's the flesh of the animal, it's meat. I mean, if you don't count chickens as meat, do you count turtles? People totally eat turtles in the world, even if it's illegal in the USofA.

It's quite confusing, besides Pollotarian, next, or in a few years, people might call themselves "Beeftarian", "Porktarian", "Turkeytarian", or something like that. o_0

Yeah, people don't seem to understand that if you eat animal flesh of any sort, including chicken and 'seafood', you are NOT a vegetarian. There is no such thing as a "pollotarian", if you only eat chicken you are simply an omnivore that doesn't eat red meat. "Pescetarians" are not vegetarians either, regardless of what they think.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:08 pm
I'm currently a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian.
When I'm on my own in three years, I plan on becoming a fruitarian. =3

o sunflower king

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 pm
[Matsuko]
Somehow I had failed to mention that I'm a Lacto-Ovo vegetarian. I hate it when people say I'm eating baby chickens. They weren't fertalized!!!

Yes. I have heard this phrase before... Ah, not too long ago either. I was trying to explain to my mother that beef and chicken broth are NOT a biproduct of an animal. So we got on a great ringamaroll

...and what about butter?

bi product

...and what about cheeze?
bi product

...and what about eggs?

bi product?

OOOOH REAAALLLY??? I thought that an egg was a possible chicken? So you eat the eggs, but not the bird.

Yes, but...

No, you just admitted that you eat chickens.

No I--

Yes, YOU DID! YOU JUST SAID YOU EAT EGGS! WHAT ELSE? YOU EAT GELETIN, YOU KNOW WHERE GELETIN IS FROM? OR ARE YOU THAT EATIND DISORDERED?!?

....*SIGH*  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:20 pm
I'm currently an ovo-lacto vegetarian....I've been thinking about turning total vegan in the future, but I'm going to wait for a while...my diet already effects my family greatly...it'd be even harder on my mom if I refused to eat any animal products.......ehhh you may not understand, but yeah that's how I feel about it.  

-Shelbi-welbi-

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:23 am
yes.
it gets on my nerves that there's such thing as a pescatarian.
fish, and all other animals = meat.
you're eating meat. therefore you are not a vegetarian.

it bothers me that people apparently think that fish are not animals.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:04 pm
User Image

I'm a Beegan, because I'm yet to see proof that using honey harms either my health or the environment, since the welfare of bees isn't something I care much about domokun .
Although when I'm outside of the US and trying to experience different cultures I'll willingly eat products that contain egg and milk, but from my experiences in Mexico, I don't just eat eggs and milk in their normal form, because that is no different than experiencing American culture.

[The Looney Bin]

xX_iCE_ScREAm_Xx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:12 pm
im a vegan but a social vegatarian =]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:56 pm
I'm a Beegan who occasionally eats fish.

For one, they're much healthier than other meats. Two, I almost never eat them anyway. Three, I doubt they suffer as much as most other meats.

If for some reason my diet isn't possible at the time or their is something really unique to try I might eat some animal derived product.  

The Essence of Evil

Zeh Gayt Key-Par

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:48 am
Wow, I didn't think there were so many different sort of thingos...

Anyways, I guess i'm a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian then. Yay for me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:19 pm
Also Raw Vegans. They don't eat any processed vegan foods. So, no tofutti.

:]

hellodeeries

Ladykiller

Jin_the_Kaze

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:34 pm
Cheza [The Flower Maiden]
Go Veaganism!!!!
I' am a level 5 vegan I eat nothing that cast a shadow.....(only drink water) Sorry someone said that to me the p***k!

...o_o; Uhm. Everything casts a shadow. Everything.

I'm a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 pm
The Essence of Evil
I'm a Beegan who occasionally eats fish.

For one, they're much healthier than other meats. Two, I almost never eat them anyway. Three, I doubt they suffer as much as most other meats.

If for some reason my diet isn't possible at the time or their is something really unique to try I might eat some animal derived product.

If you eat fish, you are not a vegan.  

This Old Oscillator

Mazuuna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:41 pm
While my guitar waits for a tune...

Pescetarian <33
I'm trying to go lacto-ovo, but I just love sushi too much!

...where have the songs played gone to?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm
"Beegan-Those who eat bee-vomit".

A buddy told me that. It's true though...we just don't think of it that way...  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Lacto Ovo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:23 pm

I guess im a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. o:
Lacto-ovo-rovo-smacto. ;D
Catchy. @_@

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]