Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
What books is you reading' son? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vyudali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm
[[I finished the Maze Runner trilogy a while ago and it was okay. Currently reading Black Bird manga, Lolita by Vladimir Nobakov, and at one point i'm going to start reading Maus and the Hunger Games because my librarians are taking me and some others to see the movie.]]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:43 pm
I'm currently in the middle of The Restoration Game by Ken Macleod. Then I have to finish Clockwork Angel and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (the first one took me such a long time to finish, but it was still really good).  

hoekoyami

Lunatic

~Lady Kanna~

Anxious Werewolf

21,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm
Currently reading Tale of Genji, Battle Royale, and various books on Kimono for class.

I'm going to use this as my good books I should read thread. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:38 pm
I just read '13 Reasons Why' today. It was good.
I'm also reading 'Chesapeake' by James A. Michener, also quite good.

Also, does anybody know a good collection of the Arthurian Legends in iBooks available for free?  

Starzel

Sparkling Supporter

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:16 pm
Books!

I'm reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou, Mossflower by Brian Jacques, and volume one of Mark Twain's autobiography. Also, I've ordered The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (I've heard mixed things, but I'm curious).  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 am
Recently finished The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue. It's a really good changeling story, from both the child and the changeling's perspective. It's a fairy tale for grown-ups, and a bit melancholy.

Also reading The Big Goodbye, by Michael Lister. It's a noir detective story with tough guys and dames with tragic pasts. Not my typical fare, but I'm enjoying it anyway.  

Avzel

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:10 am
It's me again...

I'm reading Invasions by Dean Koontz and German Folklore and Legends (writer anonymous) on my phone.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 pm
I just finished Lolita by Vladmir Nabokov (crazy!), Daytripper by Gabriel Bá & Fábio Moon (so many emotions :'<), and now I'm finally getting into Habibi by Craig Thompson (beautiful...)

so glad i decided to start reading again  

Luna Proudfoot

Hairy Fairy

37,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Over Easy 100

HintOfCholera

Predestined Survivor

11,525 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm not really reading anything but I am listening to The American Housewife a very old cookbook type thing. It is pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:02 pm
Lindpen
Books!

I. Also, I've ordered The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (I've heard mixed things, but I'm curious).

Personally, I loved it. I'm currently reading the second book and it's really well written. Sometimes it's a bit dense, but in general, is really good book.  

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

MistressMinako

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:42 pm
Terry Pratchett's Making Money  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:08 am
So I've completely abandoned reading Eon by Alison Goodman until a later date. For now, I've started reading The Hunger Games series. I've read through the first two books and have started the third.

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about it. There are times when I really like the plot twists (most of which aren't exactly twists as you can see them from miles away), but then there are times when Katniss annoys me. I won't say anything more than that. sweatdrop  

Freya Caelum

Ruthless Sophomore

Naladi

Tiny Lionheart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:24 pm
At the moment, I'm reading Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh under the compulsion of one of my professors. It reminds me of an English Catholic version of The Great Gatsby, although nobody has been run over or shot by distraught husbands yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:53 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Just started to read Flowers in the Attic.
...religious people are scary. gonk  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 am
The Tamuli trilogy by David Eddings.
I like me fantasy quest-like stories.

@Shiver: Yes they are. They're scary in the books I'm reading too *terrified of Sir Bevier*  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff