Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:11 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
I've heard that the current Zelda game is a bit more action-y, but I don't have a Wii to verify.

I've heard that too. ^^ They're emphasizing the Wii-mote swordplay controls, which is pretty cool. I saw a trailer demonstrating some of them, and it looked pretty fun. I'm stuck in the no Wii boat as well for the time being.

I'm not "stuck" without a Wii as I choose not to have one. I don't buy video game systems unless there is a Shin Megami Tensei game as more often than not, those are the games that I will replay over and over again. I bought my PSP for the remake of the original Persona game and went a year with just that and Dissidia to play with.

Oh, I know. I remember that part of your post. 3nodding I'm the same way about consoles. Until something that I know I will enjoy comes out on it I won't bother purchasing one. Personally I wasn't interested in picking up a PSP until I heard about Persona 3 Portable, and then I had to research the game list to find at least two other games I would enjoy before I'd let myself get it. The DS served me pretty well as far as games go. whee Every series I love has a game on that system.

Fufu... I'll get a system for just one game only if I like it enough.

I did that with the Gamecube. xd I wanted to get Pokémon Colosseum, and that was pretty much the only reason I got it. It paid off with other games eventually, but for a while I only had that (plus its sequel) and Super Smash Bros Melee. Pokémon was the only reason I wanted to get a 3DS at some point, but it's looking like they'll have some other games I'll enjoy on there eventually. I'll probably be getting a Vita for the Persona 4 remake as well, but that'll be a while from now.

For Gamecube, the games I played the most were Skies of Arcadia Legends and Soul Calibur [which ironically had Link as a bonus character.]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:17 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I'm not "stuck" without a Wii as I choose not to have one. I don't buy video game systems unless there is a Shin Megami Tensei game as more often than not, those are the games that I will replay over and over again. I bought my PSP for the remake of the original Persona game and went a year with just that and Dissidia to play with.

Oh, I know. I remember that part of your post. 3nodding I'm the same way about consoles. Until something that I know I will enjoy comes out on it I won't bother purchasing one. Personally I wasn't interested in picking up a PSP until I heard about Persona 3 Portable, and then I had to research the game list to find at least two other games I would enjoy before I'd let myself get it. The DS served me pretty well as far as games go. whee Every series I love has a game on that system.

Fufu... I'll get a system for just one game only if I like it enough.

I did that with the Gamecube. xd I wanted to get Pokémon Colosseum, and that was pretty much the only reason I got it. It paid off with other games eventually, but for a while I only had that (plus its sequel) and Super Smash Bros Melee. Pokémon was the only reason I wanted to get a 3DS at some point, but it's looking like they'll have some other games I'll enjoy on there eventually. I'll probably be getting a Vita for the Persona 4 remake as well, but that'll be a while from now.

For Gamecube, the games I played the most were Skies of Arcadia Legends and Soul Calibur [which ironically had Link as a bonus character.]

Oh, Skies of Arcadia Legends seems pretty cool. smile It's a shame that I didn't know about it until now, chances are it's not in stores anymore. I heard that Soul Calibur was pretty fun.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:32 pm
Sara Hysaro
Oh, Skies of Arcadia Legends seems pretty cool. smile It's a shame that I didn't know about it until now, chances are it's not in stores anymore. I heard that Soul Calibur was pretty fun.

Maybe it is my area, but I just don't see any Gamecube game in stores anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:09 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

My area's Gamestops occasionally have them in stock, but they're getting pretty hard to find. It's a bit of a shame, but I understand that they can't keep games of all consoles forever. I tried selling them one of my old computer games, but they wouldn't take it. I imagine I'd get the same thing if I tried to pawn off my N64 games.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:29 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

My area's Gamestops occasionally have them in stock, but they're getting pretty hard to find. It's a bit of a shame, but I understand that they can't keep games of all consoles forever. I tried selling them one of my old computer games, but they wouldn't take it. I imagine I'd get the same thing if I tried to pawn off my N64 games.

Gamestop doesn't really sell used computer software, which is a same.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:32 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Gamestop doesn't really sell used computer software, which is a shame.

I know. D= There are some pretty good games on the computer, but I'd have to get them off the internet if I want them. Either that or get them while they're still in stores, which I'm iffy about since I don't have a personal computer anymore. By the time I get my own computer the games might not even work on the system, which is what happened with my Betrayal in Antara game. >.<  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I know. D= There are some pretty good games on the computer, but I'd have to get them off the internet if I want them. Either that or get them while they're still in stores, which I'm iffy about since I don't have a personal computer anymore. By the time I get my own computer the games might not even work on the system, which is what happened with my Betrayal in Antara game. >.<

That really depends on the game. I have Windows 7 but I still play Neverwinter Nights, Civilization 4 and some old DOS-era games using DOSBox.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

That really depends on the game. I have Windows 7 but I still play Neverwinter Nights, Civilization 4 and some old DOS-era games using DOSBox.

True. I guess if some people can still play those old text adventure games on their computer then it's fine. I have a bad history with computer games not working out though. xd If it's a cool looking game that I really want to try it either requires something I don't have or just doesn't work on this computer. Mom got a Mahjong game from the store that just didn't want to install correctly despite the computer apparently having all of the necessary things to play it.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:10 pm
Sara Hysaro
True. I guess if some people can still play those old text adventure games on their computer then it's fine. I have a bad history with computer games not working out though. xd If it's a cool looking game that I really want to try it either requires something I don't have or just doesn't work on this computer. Mom got a Mahjong game from the store that just didn't want to install correctly despite the computer apparently having all of the necessary things to play it.

I don't have that problem, but I also used to do tech support for a computer game company. Even a game doesn't work initially, I can [usually] get it to work.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:13 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I don't have that problem, but I also used to do tech support for a computer game company. Even a game doesn't work initially, I can [usually] get it to work.

Maybe I ought to go get training in that field so that I can get games working for a change. Then I can stop looking at computer games and wishing that they were on a console that I trust. smile  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Maybe I ought to go get training in that field so that I can get games working for a change. Then I can stop looking at computer games and wishing that they were on a console that I trust. smile

That really isn't necessary. I got all my training from working at that company.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

That really isn't necessary. I got all my training from working at that company.

Kinda like some pharmacies will train their techs? Neat. ^^ Though would a company hire somebody with no computer related work experience?  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Kinda like some pharmacies will train their techs? Neat. ^^ Though would a company hire somebody with no computer related work experience?

I don't want to hijack this thread trying to help you sort out a problem with a computer game, but if you PM me what game it was and whatever details you can in regards to the issue... I could give it a try at figuring out why it isn't working.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:02 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

I don't want to hijack this thread trying to help you sort out a problem with a computer game, but if you PM me what game it was and whatever details you can in regards to the issue... I could give it a try at figuring out why it isn't working.

I think my mom returned the game by now, and all I remember is that instead of having text the menu would have random tiles likely from the game itself. Also, the buttons wouldn't work aside from one that seemed to bring us to a settings menu also afflicted with random mahjong tile syndrome. Not enough to really determine the issue, and even if you had a theory on it it's not like we could test anything out. Thank you for the offer though. ^^

On Topic: So lately I've been trying to get through Myst 3: Exile. It's so atmospheric~ Puzzle solving is a little tedious though. >.<  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 pm
Sara Hysaro
On Topic: So lately I've been trying to get through Myst 3: Exile. It's so atmospheric~ Puzzle solving is a little tedious though. >.<

I never got into Myst. They've always came off as being a game where you just click around some beautifully rendered environment and solve problems without even being given any sort of clue as to what you need to do.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff