Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Asatru a la Deoridhe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:32 am
TeaDidikai
While I can understand where you are coming from, I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that the culture would view a failed attempt at viking as an honorable thing.

It smacks of fodder for a flyting should the issue come up.

Invariably it would take a rather extensive delving into notions of honour and specific references to the practice of viking to comprehensively give a full purview of the issue, something which is outside my capability at the moment due to work and other constraints. That being said, I do intend to do a full review of the 'Nine Noble Virtues', one of which being Honour, which will no doubt, be a rather extensive discussion in and of itself, hence why I'll be leaving it to last smile

Ver thu heil  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:07 am
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Invariably it would take a rather extensive delving into notions of honour and specific references to the practice of viking to comprehensively give a full purview of the issue, something which is outside my capability at the moment due to work and other constraints. That being said, I do intend to do a full review of the 'Nine Noble Virtues', one of which being Honour, which will no doubt, be a rather extensive discussion in and of itself, hence why I'll be leaving it to last smile

Ver thu heil
I look forward to it. Do you plan to start your own Pathways thread? Or will you and Deo be volleying this?  

TeaDidikai

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:59 am
TeaDidikai
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Ver thu heil
I look forward to it. Do you plan to start your own Pathways thread? Or will you and Deo be volleying this?

Heilsan Tea ok Allir,

I've been thinking of doing my own, so invariably at some stage I'll get around to doing so. I'll probably use a similar format so that people can compare our ideas smile

Ver thu heil  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:16 pm
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn
TeaDidikai
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Ver thu heil

Heilsan Tea ok Allir,

I've been thinking of doing my own, so invariably at some stage I'll get around to doing so. I'll probably use a similar format so that people can compare our ideas smile

Ver thu heil
I look forward to it.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:42 am
I thought I'd post a short follow up on recent practice.

I've been casting the runes a bit more often, more just to see how the patterns fall than anything else. I've also been doing some... what would best be called energy work, which is not really any part of Asatru proper. In response, the world now goes all shimmery a lot; it's kind of attractive. I just wish I could see the shimmery into patterns, whatever ones there might be.

^^  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:07 am
Deoridhe

I've been casting the runes a bit more often, more just to see how the patterns fall than anything else. I've also been doing some... what would best be called energy work, which is not really any part of Asatru proper. In response, the world now goes all shimmery a lot; it's kind of attractive. I just wish I could see the shimmery into patterns, whatever ones there might be.

^^
Do you consider the energy work to be religious in nature even if it is not part of Asatru?  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:05 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

^^

Do you consider the energy work to be religious in nature even if it is not part of Asatru?

I have difficulty determining between religion and life at the edges. Energy work is far closer to what I do all the time, rather than what is set apart and ritualized and thus purely religious.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:04 am
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

^^

I have difficulty determining between religion and life at the edges. Energy work is far closer to what I do all the time, rather than what is set apart and ritualized and thus purely religious.
Sometimes it is hard to differentiate what is religion and what is not. I'm not sure if I should think of myself as religious because it is so integrated into my life, it's hard to separate.

What is this energy work like? It sounds interesting.  

Koravin

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:58 pm
Koravin
Sometimes it is hard to differentiate what is religion and what is not. I'm not sure if I should think of myself as religious because it is so integrated into my life, it's hard to separate.

I consider myself deeply religious because it's so integrated into my life, personally.

Energy work... might be described as creative visualization that you don't have conscious control over. The exception is the work I'm doing now to see auras with my eyes, which is a very odd sort of thing. Some forms of energy work are formalized or part of another thing, an example of the former is Reiki and an example of the latter is Chi manipulation in some forms of martial arts.

The basic axioms are that people have an energy body of some sort (rationals vary) and that this body can be consciously used to effect the energy bodies of other things. Whether these things are just people, are just animals, are just living things, or are all things varies by technique and cultural contact.

My basic axiom is that everything is energy; things which we perceive as solid are simply vibrating faster than things we don't, so their intangibility isn't obvious. Since I have perceived energy signatures coming form land and rocks, I extend energy work through to all kinds of things instead of simply things in one or two categories. I currently work best with things that are fish level of sentiance and down; I'm most fond of trees and rocks, energetically. I use energy work most often (outside of perception) for healing because, um... healing is good. And I'm Reiki II, and Reiki is all about the healing (sometimes to a fault).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:55 pm
Deoridhe
Koravin

I consider myself deeply religious because it's so integrated into my life, personally.

Energy work... might be described as creative visualization that you don't have conscious control over. The exception is the work I'm doing now to see auras with my eyes, which is a very odd sort of thing. Some forms of energy work are formalized or part of another thing, an example of the former is Reiki and an example of the latter is Chi manipulation in some forms of martial arts.

The basic axioms are that people have an energy body of some sort (rationals vary) and that this body can be consciously used to effect the energy bodies of other things. Whether these things are just people, are just animals, are just living things, or are all things varies by technique and cultural contact.

My basic axiom is that everything is energy; things which we perceive as solid are simply vibrating faster than things we don't, so their intangibility isn't obvious. Since I have perceived energy signatures coming form land and rocks, I extend energy work through to all kinds of things instead of simply things in one or two categories. I currently work best with things that are fish level of sentiance and down; I'm most fond of trees and rocks, energetically. I use energy work most often (outside of perception) for healing because, um... healing is good. And I'm Reiki II, and Reiki is all about the healing (sometimes to a fault).
That's cool. So Reiki has levels? I don't really know anything about Reiki, and I'm always afraid of checking the internet about stuff like this, because there's a lot of misinformation out there. I don't want to get tricked again. I once thought Silver Ravenwolf was a good source! sweatdrop  

Koravin

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Deoridhe
Likewise.

Koravin
That's cool. So Reiki has levels? I don't really know anything about Reiki, and I'm always afraid of checking the internet about stuff like this, because there's a lot of misinformation out there. I don't want to get tricked again. I once thought Silver Ravenwolf was a good source! sweatdrop
ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 am
Koravin
So Reiki has levels? I don't really know anything about Reiki, and I'm always afraid of checking the internet about stuff like this, because there's a lot of misinformation out there. I don't want to get tricked again. I once thought Silver Ravenwolf was a good source! sweatdrop

Three levels. Level 1 is good for in person healing and energy use. Level 2 is good for long distance healing and energy use. Level three allows you to attune others to levels 1 and 2.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:36 am
Deoridhe
Koravin
So Reiki has levels? I don't really know anything about Reiki, and I'm always afraid of checking the internet about stuff like this, because there's a lot of misinformation out there. I don't want to get tricked again. I once thought Silver Ravenwolf was a good source! sweatdrop

Three levels. Level 1 is good for in person healing and energy use. Level 2 is good for long distance healing and energy use. Level three allows you to attune others to levels 1 and 2.
In addition, level 2 also allows for an "amping up" of Reiki and includes the ability to hone the energy towards mental/psychological aims above and beyond the physiological centers for such.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
Koravin

In addition, level 2 also allows for an "amping up" of Reiki and includes the ability to hone the energy towards mental/psychological aims above and beyond the physiological centers for such.
Cool. Is Reiki anything like acupuncture?  

Koravin

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 pm
Koravin
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
Koravin

Cool. Is Reiki anything like acupuncture?
The Ninja is a link to a thread on the subject. Perhaps that would be a better place for such questions?  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff