Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Which god/goddess to you follow worship? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:33 pm
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
Hrm... Not believing in conscious Gods as such would make them rather hard to worship. Well, for me anyway. I believe in archetypal energy forms. I also believe in thought forms that have been given so much energy through belief from their followers that they are understood to be Gods and can wield quite a lot of power. Not quite the same thing though. When I used to work with deity I was a dedicant of Apollo. I have a pendent I wear in the shape of a sun with a beautiful piece of sunstone in the centre. Now I no longer believe in Apollo, but the pendent has taken on new meaning and is even more precious than it was before.
~hissssssss~ Pantheists...
xp Heh. Not anymore anyway. I was young and stupid. My beliefs have changed rather radically since then...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:42 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
Hrm... Not believing in conscious Gods as such would make them rather hard to worship. Well, for me anyway. I believe in archetypal energy forms. I also believe in thought forms that have been given so much energy through belief from their followers that they are understood to be Gods and can wield quite a lot of power. Not quite the same thing though. When I used to work with deity I was a dedicant of Apollo. I have a pendent I wear in the shape of a sun with a beautiful piece of sunstone in the centre. Now I no longer believe in Apollo, but the pendent has taken on new meaning and is even more precious than it was before.
~hissssssss~ Pantheists...
xp Heh. Not anymore anyway. I was young and stupid. My beliefs have changed rather radically since then...
Pst... Maggie, Pantheists don't believe in conscious gods.  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:09 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:41 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

TeaDidikai

Crysiana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:58 pm
Belatedly, I honor the Norse gods but Loki in particular. I'm still looking for a local group I can belong to and interact with on a regular basis; there don't seem to be many people in my area.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:39 am
TeaDidikai
~grumbles~ "I was young and stupid" when worshiping Apollo? ~Poke~ Might want to rethink that.
Ok... maybe I wasn't young and stupid. I didn't quite work with him the way a Hellenic Reconstructionalist would, though. I didn't research the right ways to honor him, nor do I speak Greek (though I've done a bit of Latin in the past). But yeah... I had a rather close relationship with him for quite a while. Still do, but I tend to look more beyond the God, if you know what I mean.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:45 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
~grumbles~ "I was young and stupid" when worshiping Apollo? ~Poke~ Might want to rethink that.
Ok... maybe I wasn't young and stupid. I didn't quite work with him the way a Hellenic Reconstructionalist would, though. I didn't research the right ways to honor him, nor do I speak Greek (though I've done a bit of Latin in the past). But yeah... I had a rather close relationship with him for quite a while. Still do, but I tend to look more beyond the God, if you know what I mean.
Fair enough. And I do know what you mean. And it makes me twitch. I'll edit in the link why.

Done and done.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:45 am
missmagpie
TeaDidikai

So what? You don't have to be a recon to worship a God. It's just some peoples preferred methodology.

Do the research (theoi is down, otherwise I'd give you that great link) and you would have been fine. We aren't ancient Greeks, don't expect to be one.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:49 am
TeaDidikai
Fair enough. And I do know what you mean. And it makes me twitch. I'll edit in the link why.

Ah. I think I see what you mean. But I do not see the Gods as 'masks' or 'facets' of the ultimate divine. That view seems somewhat disrespectful to me, and doesn't really make much sense. I see them as individual forms in their own right. I don't believe in a conscious god but I believe in a source of some sort. I really liked this quote:
TeaDidikai
By way of an analogy, let's talk water. I can go to the kitchen and fill a coffee mug, a shotglass, and a saucepan with water from the tap. The mug, the shotglass, and the saucepan aren't the same object, or even the same type of object, and they're filled with separate bodies of water, but the water in each comes from the same tap, or if you prefer, the same source. When I'm done, I can pour all three down the drain, and they'll mingle; eventually, the water will find its way back to the treatment plant and back out someone else's tap. One source, many forms.
That's pretty much what I believe, but I don't worship the individual God/Thought forms. I don't worship anything, but I believe in that source. That's what I meant when I said I saw beyond Apollo.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:06 am
Nuri brings up a good point.

As for the nature of "water/divine/universe" well, I can be a little... um, persnickety?

Tired of having people jack my gods and say that the names and personalities of those I work with mean nothing in the grander scheme of things.

Nothing personal.  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:31 am
TeaDidikai
Nuri brings up a good point.

As for the nature of "water/divine/universe" well, I can be a little... um, persnickety?

Tired of having people jack my gods and say that the names and personalities of those I work with mean nothing in the grander scheme of things.

Nothing personal.
Nah, it's perfectly sensible. I'm sure I'd be rather ticked off if people kept doing that to my most sacred things. So we can agree to have different beliefs. And I'm not saying your gods don't mean anything in the greater scheme of things. I don't know them personally and couldn't possibly make such an assertion.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:07 am
missmagpie
Nah, it's perfectly sensible. I'm sure I'd be rather ticked off if people kept doing that to my most sacred things. So we can agree to have different beliefs. And I'm not saying your gods don't mean anything in the greater scheme of things. I don't know them personally and couldn't possibly make such an assertion.
That right there pretty much removes you from the annoying group. mrgreen  

TeaDidikai

VwolfV

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:19 pm
I follow the Norse patheon with leanings towards Odin and Thor and.....
Well Hel, I love all of them!

smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:02 pm
I'm a fluffball that's still deciding, though I have some strong feelings towards the Norse Gods, primarily Skadi, and the Greek Pantheon.  

Orion-Blacknuckle

Nashoba Kaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:33 pm
I worship differrent goddesses from different pantheons, but mostly mine are Lilith,Skadi,Hel,Sarasvati,Lakshmi,Hecate,and Kali.
I find myself praying to Hecate and Kali more frequently then the others.

My boyfriend is big on Norse(Asatru) and primarily Loki and Thor.

My Girlfriend is big on Egyptian and Norse, Freya and Nephthys.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff