Manga or Anime? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChildrenofShannara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:52 am
Shira-01
Ok I love anime but lately I tend to buy Manga more because it's cheaper. I dont like spending 30 dollar for hour and a half for of anime when I could spend 8 dollars for a manga!

I know I could buy anime on the internet for cheaper but then I have to wait for it... and if you buy anime from Hong Kong it says 2 to 3 weeks but it can take 4 to 5 weeks crying

Which do you like better? What are your favorite? and why?

i'd say anime.. in my country watching anime on the net would be much cheaper for me than buying a manga.. crying but i do like mangas but i couldn't afford it.. crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:53 am
I don't care. Nonetheless, it's the same thing overall.  

Snake_Demon_ninja

Kyouka_Maiden_Rei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:10 am
i like to read the mngas first..then go watch the anime or buy it
but lately..i found that mangas are a bit better than anime, to me at least  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:51 am
i usually prefer manga to anime as its a lot faster and the art tends to be better than in the anime... however... for those like fighting sequences... i think watchin it in the anime would be better... haha... for some titles... like for example mai-hime... both the anime and the manga has totally different storylines... sooo it would be better to watch the anime AND read the manga so that you can get the best of both worlds... haha... and shows like Inuyasha... where the anime has stopped but the manga is still on-going... fans can actually follow-up from the anime... so that they can keep up with the current storyline... haha...  

dinieb

Ashes of Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:47 pm
Shira-01
Ok I love anime but lately I tend to buy Manga more because it's cheaper. I dont like spending 30 dollar for hour and a half for of anime when I could spend 8 dollars for a manga!

I know I could buy anime on the internet for cheaper but then I have to wait for it... and if you buy anime from Hong Kong it says 2 to 3 weeks but it can take 4 to 5 weeks crying

I flip back and forth. I love manga cause its fun to read (and i love reading) but then i go back to anime cause i just feel like watching something. if that makes sense. Id say though, I havent yet read Bleach, but i love watching it. I love (in mangas) WJuliet and Vampire Game. so it all really depends. lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:10 am
Shira-01

Honestly, it depends on the series. Some, I prefer the anime, and others I prefer in manga format, and others, I like either way. ^^

As far as buying goes, I only buy the anime when it's a must-have or really cheap. You can get EXTREMELY good condition used DVDs at Newbury Comics, all for under $10, which is 1/3 the usual price. Sometimes, Rightstuf.com has a 10 for $50/25 for $100 deal, which means you get each for 4-5 bucks a piece, however, they usually limit it to one company's products. They're based in Iowa, so I usually get stuff within two weeks, if it's in stock.

The manga I buy more frequently, however, and it's usually $10-12 a piece.

RisikaFox

7,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Signature Look 250

Vaknar21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:44 pm
I like anime because you can hear the action, and dialog, but I like manga because some things are in the book that aren't in the show or movie, etc. And manga is cool to have when you go to school and your teacher says "why aren't you reading?" and you say "I am reading, see *holds up a manga book*"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:23 am
Hard choice.

Typically I would enjoy manga more but I like seeing it all in action and love the OST with the anime version of somethings.  

Dariram
Crew

Josafat

Desirable Noob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:46 pm
in my experience mangas are a bit better for there is a whole throughout plot, while in the anime(mostly) the plot is pulished, and it ends being a bad one. That's me and my experience on watching Hellsing's anime, and DN Angel's.
but watching the anime it's great for you get to see them in their movements,etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
anime.........but i love manga 2 ^^  

LiveAndLearn_LoL

spixie09

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:16 pm
for me, it's a bit of both really, because the anime allows you to have a different perspective of art than manga. they both have their strong and weak points, like manga usually has a better storyline while an anime exchanges that for better appearance.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:14 pm
manga usually has better plot. but anime looks cooler. whee  

shadowhitokiri

JigokuShoujosRevenge

14,440 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • First Fall 15
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:31 pm
manga. its funnier. and better and doesn't suddenly stop in the middle of a series.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:37 am
well i like both alot...but i buy more manga than anime ....cos i get my anime other ways smile  

housam

dragonqueen20

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 pm
I like both but I spend more on manga because I don't like spending $25 or more on anime per disc (about 4-5 episodes).  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff